Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Buyers regret..
123Next >
6476 110 2019-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any one else having buyers regret after receiving their mavic mini? The mini is cool but if you own any DJI drone above the phantom 2 keep your money.. I’m sure many will disagree but the mini I received has an extremely cheap feel, the range is horrible and it will not maintain altitude. If it’s your first drone, go for it, you will love it..
2019-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

All of the mavics with exception the Air feel cheap until you put the battery into them, if you handed one to a stranger and told him you paid $1800 he’d laugh a t you, most people consider a bit of weight in something adds to its value but the mini was purposely kept light , so it feel frail because it needs its weight kept down, I have to say getting 500m with no dropouts for me is pretty good, but this drone has its limits but bang for buck I think it’s pretty good .
2019-11-18
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

It is indeed perfect for first time buyers and/or people who wish to avoid regulations (Like here in Canada).
2019-11-18
Use props
Kibosh 3
lvl.3
Canada

No buyer's regret here.

I own / owned the original Mavic Pro / two Sparks / Mavic Air (sold)

Of all the wifi drones I've used, this by far has the best image transmission. Well worth the money IMO

Perhaps you have a lemon?  Swap it out for a new one and try again -
2019-11-18
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

No regrets here. I love it; most fun Dji I have ever owned/flown. Quietest too.
The only frustration I have is temporary as a fix is coming in late December to unlock the authorization zone I live in.
2019-11-18
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

New drone flyer here.  The  Mini is definitely perfect for those who just want to play or learn how to fly without breaking the bank.  I would have buyer's remorse if I bought an expensive drone that would be flown only a few times a year.  If wife is happy, I'm happy.  Lol!  
2019-11-18
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.3
Canada

I don't think the Mini has horrible range. There are videos of it maintaining signal for up to 5km in Urban areas. I do believe there are horrible *areas* that restrict range but that wouldn't be the fault of the Mini, it would probably be a horrible area for most drones.

Here's a video of the Mini in an Urban area at almost two miles range:

2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, thank you for reaching out and thank you valued insights with regards to this matter. I hope that you will get the best information from our valued DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mavic Mini and their insights with the regards to their drone. Thank you for your valued support. Fly safe.
2019-11-18
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

I disagree. I bought the Mini to replace my Phantom 3 SE. Yes, that thing had 4k and a larger footprint to fight the wind. But what's the use of a camera if you really don't want to bring it anywhere? I told myself that I would have no problem bringing the Phantom 3 SE around in my backpack style case but it was still too big and heavy and I never took it out on hikes or during my travels.

I'm not a full-time cinematographer who will bring larger drones for quality and I just wanted to have something to take out to fly for fun. For me, the Mavic Mini has the perfect specs and size. Enough quality in a perfect package.
2019-11-18
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Knapweed Posted at 11-18 12:50
I don't think the Mini has horrible range. There are videos of it maintaining signal for up to 5km in Urban areas. I do believe there are horrible *areas* that restrict range but that wouldn't be the fault of the Mini, it would probably be a horrible area for most drones.

I may have received a lemon because my video gets fuzzy at around 120 meters...
2019-11-18
Use props
Alan77505
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058789 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own a Phantom 4 pro and I like the Mavic MIni.  It flys well and it's super quiet.

The only drawbacks besides sensors and software features

There are no lights on it that help you determine what direction it's pointed in.
LOS is very limited since it's so small
The unlocking issue

I will fly it under 200 feet and in areas where it's not too windy.   One thing that's cool is that that pictures from the drone download to your phone very quickly.
2019-11-18
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Precisely the reason I decided not to buy.  More interested in a newer craft that closely compares to the MP2 or P4Pro.
2019-11-18
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

it is indeed very fragile feeling. the arms twist as you fold them out. the battery door is like paper thin. i get thin is weight savings. but jeeze i feel the plastic over time will start to stress crack like the P3's did under the motors
2019-11-18
Use props
Mavic Craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120745 ft
Australia

ICDroneSE Posted at 11-18 13:37
I disagree. I bought the Mini to replace my Phantom 3 SE. Yes, that thing had 4k and a larger footprint to fight the wind. But what's the use of a camera if you really don't want to bring it anywhere? I told myself that I would have no problem bringing the Phantom 3 SE around in my backpack style case but it was still too big and heavy and I never took it out on hikes or during my travels.

I'm not a full-time cinematographer who will bring larger drones for quality and I just wanted to have something to take out to fly for fun. For me, the Mavic Mini has the perfect specs and size. Enough quality in a perfect package.

I'm with you. I had a Mavic Pro and as much as I loved it the sheer size and weight meant that it was out of the question for travel. Having a full frame DSLR that is quite hefty, taking the Mavic Pro in the carry on baggage didn't leave much at all. So far I'm happy with my Mini.
2019-11-18
Use props
Mavic Craig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120745 ft
Australia

ICDroneSE Posted at 11-18 13:37

I'm with you. I had a Mavic Pro and as much as I loved it the sheer size and weight meant that it was out of the question for travel. Having a full frame DSLR that is quite hefty, taking the Mavic Pro in the carry on baggage didn't leave much at all. So far I'm happy with my Mini.
2019-11-18
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't have regrets. I have a Mavic Air and enjoy the solid feel and features. This Mavic Mini is a nice addition to our outings. To me, it doesn't feel cheap and "toyish" and the features are what I would expect for the price point. I think it is another option worth considering for those seeking a DJI  drone experience.
2019-11-18
Use props
vtrockin
lvl.2

United States

I pre-ordered Mini  (my first drone), but cancelled when shipment was delayed - going to get Mavic 2 Pro on Black Friday sale instead - not to say Mavic Mini wouldn't have been cool, but I don't really care about 249g since I live within 5 miles of airport and will have to use LAANC anyways
2019-11-18
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Great unit. I’d love all the features of my Mavic Pro, but I can carry this in my Parka Pocket, and launch it in a few moments.

Until that humming bird drone is released, this is great,
2019-11-18
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

Mavic Craig Posted at 11-18 17:26

I was also considering the Mavic Pro/ Mavic Pro Platinum when looking at the next drone for me to upgrade to. It looks like you've confirmed my suspicions. While the Mavic line is definitely much more portable than the Phantom line, it still has the size of a DSLR and a full package will weigh upwards of 5 pounds. It may seem like a little but it definitely isn't nothing like the Mavic Mini!

The DJI Care Refresh for the Mini is also much cheaper than that of the Mavic Pro!

2019-11-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I think it is the equivalent of having a smartphone for photography.
Works good enough for many.
But some like a DSLR more
Having said that, I do own both and my smartphone is used a lot for quick shots.
On a small screen that works nicely.
But when I really want to go out and shoot something, I bring the glass with me.
So if I would buy the mini, it would be like buying a smartphone for photography / video.
Good enough for many situations, but not for when I really want to go out and capture something.
2019-11-18
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mavic Mini has nice quality enough and portability, and a good camera for quality shots and videos.
I had Mavic Pro and 2 Zoom, but I'm still happy with this purchase.
2019-11-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Knapweed Posted at 11-18 12:50

Insane range.
2019-11-19
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 11-19 01:47
Insane range.

I'd be wary of some of these first vlogs. Many of the usual suspects are sponsored. Thats not to take anything away from the Mini. It looks a very sensible purchase.
2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

gfab71 Posted at 11-19 00:02
Mavic Mini has nice quality enough and portability, and a good camera for quality shots and videos.
I had Mavic Pro and 2 Zoom, but I'm still happy with this purchase.

You sold the M2Z / M2P ?
2019-11-19
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 11-18 23:27
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I think it is the equivalent of having a smartphone for photography.
Works good enough for many.

I agree with you here, good analogy, some times like many say the best camera is the one you have with you... I carry a LowePro backpack with a DSLR, couple of lenses, filters, gorilla tripod + GOPRO and accessories... the Mini will fit in the bag and you have another resource for some aerial shots... they complement good with each other.
2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Juliflash Posted at 11-19 01:57
I agree with you here, good analogy, some times like many say the best camera is the one you have with you... I carry a LowePro backpack with a DSLR, couple of lenses, filters, gorilla tripod + GOPRO and accessories... the Mini will fit in the bag and you have another resource for some aerial shots... they complement good with each other.

True.
Since I have switched to prime lenses only, I can choose how much weight I want to carry.
Sometimes I only take one lens, sometimes more.
But the Mavic Pro is an extra bag, so I have to admit I seldomly take it with me on daytrips.
(usually the family won't wait for me so I rather take a couple of shots with my DSLR than start up a drone and fly for 20 minutes or so)
So for me the weight is not that important (portability).
But it might get more interesting to get below 250gr because of regulations.
So I'm not sure what I'm going to do next.
I will figure it out someday
2019-11-19
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-19 02:08
True.
Since I have switched to prime lenses only, I can choose how much weight I want to carry.
Sometimes I only take one lens, sometimes more.
Get the Mini. You may find that you want to sell the Pro.

The price seems very fair.
2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

*DM* Posted at 11-19 02:12
Get the Mini. You may find that you want to sell the Pro.

The price seems very fair.

I have not seen a good comparison between the Pro and the Mini but right now the mini lacks one mode that I use the most.
AEB-5
So unless they add that I probably won't buy a mini.

Unless the mini turns out to be a drone that I can fly in many more places because of the weight.
That is uncertain yet here in NL.
2019-11-19
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-19 02:15
I have not seen a good comparison between the Pro and the Mini but right now the mini lacks one mode that I use the most.
AEB-5

Pointless to compare the two but if you rarely use the bigger one you may find that that the Mini is far more used despite the limitations?

2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

*DM* Posted at 11-19 02:20
Pointless to compare the two but if you rarely use the bigger one you may find that that the Mini is far more used despite the limitations?

Not so sure if it is pointless.
I'm interested in a comparison of  the output of the MP vs MM. Since the first one is already quite 'old'.
But the main limitation (no AEB-5) is holding me back now.
So until I know for sure how EU laws will be implemented, I won't make any rush decision.
MP is working nicely still.
2019-11-19
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 11-19 02:15
I have not seen a good comparison between the Pro and the Mini but right now the mini lacks one mode that I use the most.
AEB-5

Yeah I´m hopping for RAW, AEB and manual video modes... I really think is possible.
However Ive been doind braketing by hand with GoPro and DSLRs and while is time consuming, it delivers great results... same with stiching panoramic pictures.
I hope DJI will release SDK soon so APPs like litchi or others will add this functionallity easy.
2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Juliflash Posted at 11-19 02:32
Yeah I´m hopping for RAW, AEB and manual video modes... I really think is possible.
However Ive been doind braketing by hand with GoPro and DSLRs and while is time consuming, it delivers great results... same with stiching panoramic pictures.
I hope DJI will release SDK soon so APPs like litchi or others will add this functionallity easy.

I have my AEB workflow set up, so I can live with the work.
AEB panorama's also!
So I do hope DJI will add this.
Although I have 0,5% hope they will.
2019-11-19
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks to everyone for sharing their opinions, I see that most are happy, I flew the mini in very high winds and it did great. The more I fly this little bugger the more I like....
2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 11-19 03:55
Thanks to everyone for sharing their opinions, I see that most are happy, I flew the mini in very high winds and it did great. The more I fly this little bugger the more I like....

It deserves a place in the bag on many occasions
2019-11-19
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-19 05:23
It deserves a place in the bag on many occasions

I found a small lowepro camera bag at Wally World, it holds the mini, controller with room for spare batteries, nice little bag for $20 bucks..
2019-11-19
Use props
Kibosh 3
lvl.3
Canada

The best camera is the one that you have on you.

I have a Mavic Pro and it sits in my office most days ... the Mavic Mini is so small that it fits in my sling bag at all times.

Undoubtedly the features of my Mavic Pro are much better ... it's quieter, better range, slightly smoother.... however all of it is rendered useless if I don't carry it around with me.

Drone tech is coming along quite well ... I remember when P4's were considered manageable, then the Pro came along... then the Air ... now Mini.

Hoping that at some point, they'll be able to cram Occusync into a small folding drone such as this... no so much for the range, but for image transmission clarity (although my Mini seems to be more clear than any of my other DJI Wifi drones)
2019-11-19
Use props
Shantok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104163 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hate the app but love the Mini. Mine is rock solid in hover and flies really well. I have not flown out to far to test the range because it's been windy. It has handled the wind fine so far. For what it is for me a travel drone or something to keep in my car its great. I just hope the app improves or they let DJI GO4 control it for advanced users. I also don't think it feels cheap, maybe light as hell.  
2019-11-19
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Montfrooij Posted at 11-19 01:55
You sold the M2Z / M2P ?

Yes, too many rules , often unclear, contradictory, here in Italy , for the use of that type of drones.
Finally  made my decision to sell both, and for my purpose (amateur photographer), i've waited for
a better solution.

Now with the Mavic Mini, 249 grams, all much less complicated (I'm also drone certified pilot ).
2019-11-19
Use props
JohnnyMac41
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom, my first UAV ever. I really like it, and got my Part 107 so I can use it at work, looking for towers in the distance from potential internet customer locations in the boonies of Ohio and West Virginia.

In my case, having the zoom lens where I can go to 96mm zoom via the video camera, then do screenshots with my iPad mini to show heading, height and what altitude is needed to clear trees is irreplaceable.

However, it was also expensive, over 2K with everything.

I bought a Mavic Mini so I could just go up, see how high trees are I must clear to get LOS to a tower and I'm not risking a ton of money to quickly do that.

Plus, I bought a 15" Milwaukee Contractor's bag - with a solid plastic base - that holds everything related to flying the Mini, including it of course, so it is a breeze to just grab that thing and take it with me daily out the door.

I am glad I got one. I put Pgytech folding landing gear on it, and I'm good to go in minutes anytime I want to now.

Take off and land it on my outstretched hand, it doesn't even get dirty.

2019-11-19
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know so much about buyers regret as much as dealer regret, LOL. First time dancing with DJI. Kinda regret that, but lesson learned for future reference.
2019-11-19
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules