DJI FLY APP - Tablets
8003 16 2019-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mvanlone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

All, I am trying to install the DJI FLY app on my tablet and I am not able too. It states that it is not a supported device or something. I have the NVIDIA Android Tablet and I know the requirements of Andriod 6, it should allow me to install the DJY Fly app. Can someone tell me if this app in its current release version should be able to install the app on the tablet? Anyone else experiencing this? If so how did you get aroung this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for any positive imput.
2019-11-18
Use props
Eluder
lvl.1

Canada

I just tried as well on my Nvidia Sheild K1 and its a no go. Doesnt want to install. Says device not supported.
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. As of the moment, upon checking the NVIDIA Android Tablet is not yet tested to work properly with the DJI Fly application. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device lists for the DJI Fly in the near future. For reference I will posting a list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

2019-11-18
Use props
mvanlone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-18 14:14
Hi, I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. As of the moment, upon checking the NVIDIA Android Tablet is not yet tested to work properly with the DJI Fly application. But rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the recommended mobile device lists for the DJI Fly in the near future. For reference I will posting a list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

[view_image]

Thank you for your response. Any idea when the app will be updated or when this will work with all the tablets that can run the app with the supported version of android version 6? Thank you sir for responding.
2019-11-18
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI Fly app is also not designed for the iPad.  It will run and work, but it is in emulation mode and you have to use the 2x magnify button in the corner to stretch it to fill the full screen on the iPad.
2019-11-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

mvanlone Posted at 11-18 15:01
Thank you for your response. Any idea when the app will be updated or when this will work with all the tablets that can run the app with the supported version of android version 6? Thank you sir for responding.

Hi, Your very much welcome. As of the moment, we don't have any information regarding DJI Fly's future updates and release dates. Rest assure that our DJI R&D team will continuously send updates to improve user experience for the DJI Fly application. Thank you and fly safe.
2019-11-18
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

mvanlone Posted at 11-18 15:01

It also has a little more than just version of Android too. The version of Android your tablet runs must also be 64 bit as well. Unless something changes, it will not run on any 32 bit is, be it android or iOS. I’ve got three tablets that are a victim of that itself.
2019-11-18
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

Installed great on Samsung S4 Tab 10, would not install on Tab S2 8.
2019-11-18
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

rparge Posted at 11-18 19:41
Installed great on Samsung S4 Tab 10, would not install on Tab S2 8.

Maybe for Tab S2 8 there is a 64bit version of the operating system Lineage OS 14, 15, 16.Tab S2 8 is very good, fits into the remote without adapters.
2019-11-18
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Now choose between:

Xiaomi Mi Max 3 -  7" - 165 USD
Xiaomi MiPad 4 64Gb LTE -  8" - 235 USD
Huawei MediaPad M5 -  8.4" - 360 USD

All have pros and cons, I do not even know what to choose.
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_ae0yBPXyjHHY
lvl.1

United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-18 15:04
The DJI Fly app is also not designed for the iPad.  It will run and work, but it is in emulation mode and you have to use the 2x magnify button in the corner to stretch it to fill the full screen on the iPad.

I installed the dji fly app on my ipad and it worked great for the first two flights.  After that, it would just shut the ipad down completely while in flight.  Talk about scary!!1
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_ae0yBPXyjHHY
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_ae0yBPXyjHHY Posted at 12-10 07:12
I installed the dji fly app on my ipad and it worked great for the first two flights.  After that, it would just shut the ipad down completely while in flight.  Talk about scary!!1

Any ideas to help this matter???
2019-12-10
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have had 29 flights total with my mavic mini thus far. 23 of them has been with my ipad air 2. Have had no problems using that what so ever.
2019-12-10
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

What does that mean ? Do you dont have the scaling issue ?
2019-12-16
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

Update: I had IOs Version 10.x (have buyed the iPad Mini only for flying...) after Update to 12.x everything works great.
2019-12-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Christian U Posted at 12-17 14:36
Update: I had IOs Version 10.x (have buyed the iPad Mini only for flying...) after Update to 12.x everything works great.

Good to hear!! I’ve been telling someone else the same thing. I’m not sure,
But I think iOS 10 doesn’t run it as good as iOS 11 and up. My iPad Air 2 was like that when I first got it, it was runnin iOS 10 and looked stretched and barely usable. Updated it to iOS 13 and it looked better than my iPhone XR!
2019-12-17
Use props
Destry Lack
lvl.1
United States

Seems likevthatbis all DJI can come up  with is I'm sorry after their customers spend thousands of dollars on their drones andvputnout crappy unsupportive apps . DJI favors apple products and that is why the apple iPad mini 4 tab is the ONLY tab that the DJI fly app will run smoothly on and just think, I recently bought the mavic mini and the damn fly app was purposely developed just for the mavic mini!! I can install and run the DJI GO 4 app on my Samsung galaxy tab A 10.1 but EVEN that app won't let you control the mavic mini on it???  but however you can controll the Spark with it and the other expensive phantom series drones THAT SOME OF US CANT AFFORD!! DJI if you're reading this,  LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!! or one day you won't be the leader in this industry anymore and filing for bankruptcy!! and another thing, get off the Apple bandwagon and start rolling out more android support!
2020-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules