Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activate restricted zones in dji Fly App
532 8 11-19 00:09
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zak6
lvl.1
  • >>>
Austria

Hi,

Since a view days I also own the Mavic Mini. While in the dji GO 4 app it is fairly easy to unlock restricted zones it did not work with the dji Fly App. I need this as I live in a fully restricted zone (close to the Vienna Airport) but there is a huge indoor flight hall. As long as I dont get GPS signal I can fly indoors but once GPS is received the drone starts to automatically land. Clicking on the restricted zone just tells me that I need a dji verified account to unlock - so how to do this in the new Fly App?
Second time I did not even get this message it just prohibits me to start (CODE 30083).

For indoor flights it should be possible to overrule the Zone settings.

Please advise, thanks!

cheers
Alex
11-19 00:09
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Hi Alex, thank you for your attention. We will release the new aircraft firmware and DJI Fly in late December to add support for the unlocking function. Please stay tuned for firmware and app update release notices. Thank you for your understanding and support.
11-19 02:52
Use props
SpiderX
New

United States

Hey Alex,

I just bought the Mini and I have the same problem.  My new drone is completely useless to me now since I live about 3 miles from an airport.  I don't know the FCC regulations just yet but it appears to be way overly restrictive to not allow any flight AT ALL.  For one I am indoors since it is winter now, so I fly sometimes indoors and sometimes just a few minutes in my backyard. But the APP is restricting me from even doing that.  Furthermore, why not have the restriction be something reasonable like make you restrict your height and distance when over one mile from airport instead of just not flying at all.  The APP already has the height and distance configurations in it for other functionality.  Within a mile of airport OK, no flying, I get it.  But in my backyard I should be able to fly the drone to a ceiling of say 100 ft which surely no aircraft will descend to.  Then I can fly in my yard and my home.  Now I can't fly at all unless I drive a few miles and try to find public land somewhere.
11-24 19:06
Use props
SpiderX
New

United States

DJI Support,

According to your FAQ:

Under what circumstances are there altitude and/or distance limitations on Mavic Mini?
    a. During flight training, the altitude will be limited to 30 m, and the flight distance will be limited to 50 m.
    b. When flying while not logged into a DJI account, the flight altitude will be limited to 30 m, and the flight distance will be limited to 50 m.
    c. Flight altitude and distance limits can be set manually in the DJI Fly app.
    d. When GPS signal is weak, the flight altitude of the aircraft will be limited.
    e. When the aircraft is flying near a restricted flight zone, or in a GEO Zone with altitude limits.
    For more information, please contact DJI SUPPORT.

Mt Mini will not even take flight, forget about limitations.  You have implemented a restriction on any flight for my new drone, not a limitation on height and distance.  I can live with reasonable limitation pursuant to the FCC regulations.  Not allowing me to fly at all?  Nope.
11-24 19:10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

SpiderX Posted at 11-24 19:10
DJI Support,

According to your FAQ:

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, the drone is not allowed to take off in the Restricted Zones such as airports, power plants, and prisons, please check more details here about the GEO system: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
Some zones are allowed to apply the unlocking, but Mavic Mini doesn't support unlocking until late December, our engineers are working on it, appreciate your understanding.
11-24 20:10
Use props
ButterBlüm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14623 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-24 20:10
We apologize for the inconvenience caused, the drone is not allowed to take off in the Restricted Zones such as airports, power plants, and prisons, please check more details here about the GEO system: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map
Some zones are allowed to apply the unlocking, but Mavic Mini doesn't support unlocking until late December, our engineers are working on it, appreciate your understanding.

Can you tell at what time this is possible for the Mavic Mini in Germany?
11-29 05:55
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

ButterBlüm Posted at 11-29 05:55
Can you tell at what time this is possible for the Mavic Mini in Germany?

Sorry for the late response, we've only got have one date, that is the late December, it should contain the Germany version, please note the future update, thank you.
12-3 03:39
Use props
fans3c31bb13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33606 ft
United States

Hi all, I am in the same boat.  I live in a small town with a small airport and can't even check for proper operation on my brand new Mavic Mini.  I was planning to use the Mavic Mini to capture the upcoming holiday festivities and can't do so at my home :-(  This is soooo very disappointing!  I can't fly in my own neighborhood when I am easily able to with my P3.

I sure hope the update comes sooner rather than later.

Thanks,

Mark
12-4 10:33
Use props
djiuser_Z2MnxoPZfOdk
New
Flight distance : 64039 ft
United States

SpiderX Posted at 11-24 19:10
DJI Support,

According to your FAQ:

Assuming you are in the United States, before taking issue with the “FCC” and DJI, I’d recommend you take some time to familiarize yourself with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The FAA has regulatory authority over airspace in the US. Their authority starts at the blade of grass, or 0ft. As a recreational user there are several operating restrictions that you should understand.

To fly under The Exception for Recreational Flyers, you must:

1. Register your drone
2. Fly only for recreational purposes
3. Follow the safety guidelines of a community based organization
4. Keep your drone within the visual line of sight or use a visual observer
5. Give way and do not interfere with any manned aircraft
6. Get prior authorization before operating in controlled airspace
7. Fly at or below 400’ in uncontrolled airspace
8. Comply with all airspace restrictions
9. Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test

Visit faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/
12-4 17:32