Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S Release Notes (11/19/2019)
10081 30 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2019.11.19
  • Firmware: V2.1.1. 0
  • Ronin App iOS: v1.2.6
  • Ronin App Android: v1.2.6
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (PC): v2.0.2
  • DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin (Mac): v2.0.2
  • User Manual: v1.2

What’s New?
  • Added ability to create a Motionlapse through photo capture in ActiveTrack in the Ronin app. It is recommended to create the Motionlapse of a building, and keep the subject in the same position of the frame during shooting (requires Ronin app v1.2.6 or higher).
  • Added a quick switching function to Portrait mode. Press M button twice to enter/exit Portrait mode. Portrait mode requires using Ronin-S in Flashlight mode and the joystick control is not available. Portrait mode can be disabled on the Ronin app Status page (requires Ronin app v1.2.6 or later). Note that the tilt axis will rotate 90° when switched to Portrait mode. Make sure the camera will not collide with the gimbal.
  • Added Advanced Calibration feature. If the roll axis drifts after recentering the gimbal, enter the DJI Ronin app then System Status and select Advanced Calibration to fix the issue (requires DJI Ronin app v1.2.6 or later).
  • Added support for using PS4 DualShock and Xbox controllers to control the gimbal and camera. Photo capture, video recording, focus, zoom, profile switch, and gimbal movements can be controlled after connecting the controller to the mobile device and gimbal. Enter the Ronin app and select Create, and then open and stay on the Gaming Controller screen when using the PS4 DualShock controller or Xbox controller to control the gimbal.  The speed and smoothness of the control sticks can be adjusted. Set the focus value within 10 for optimal performance. iOS 13 or higher, Android 9.0 or higher, and Ronin app v1.2.6 or higher are required.
In order to control the gimbal, connect the PS4 DualShock controller or Xbox controller to the mobile device via Bluetooth.  Follow the steps below for Bluetooth connection:
When using a PS4 DualShock controller,
a. Press and hold the power button and the Share button simultaneously. Release them when the indicator on the controller flashes quickly.
b. Enable Bluetooth on the mobile device and select DualShock controller.
When using a Xbox controller,
a. Power on the controller, and press and hold the connect button for three seconds.
b. Enable the Bluetooth in the mobile device and select Xbox controller.
Notes:
a. If the gaming controller is connected to a mobile device, press the power button and the controller will automatically connect to the mobile device if the Bluetooth is disconnected. If the gaming controller and the mobile device cannot reconnect, unpair the device on the mobile device and try again.
b. If the PS4 DualShock controller is connected to a mobile device and needs to be connected to a PS4 console, use the USB Cable to reconnect the PS4 controller and the PS4. If the Xbox controller is connected to a mobile device and needs to be reconnected to an Xbox console, use the USB cable or press and hold the power button and the connect button simultaneously to connect the Xbox controller and the Xbox console.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, and autofocus for Panasonic G95 cameras using a RSS control cable for Panasonic (RSS-P). To use autofocus on the Panasonic G95, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Panasonic S1H cameras with supported L-mount lens using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (MCC-C). To use autofocus on the Panasonic S1H, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added photo capture, video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Nikon Z50 cameras with supported Nikkor lens using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (MCC-B). To use autofocus on the Nikon Z50, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal.
  • Added disable 3D Roll 360 feature in the Ronin app (requires Ronin app v1.2.6 or later).
  • Fixed issue: zoom settings on Sony cameras could not be saved after the gimbal rebooted.
  • Fixed issue: focus control failed for the Cannon EOS series cameras.
  • Optimized Auto Tune in the Ronin app.
  • Optimized SmoothTrack settings in the Ronin app.

Notes:
  • Make sure that the DJI Ronin App is the latest version when updating the firmware.
  • Make sure Ronin-S is powered off and update the firmware through the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin by connecting the USB-C port on Ronin-S to your computer. Do not disconnect the gimbal from the computer while updating.
  • After the update is complete, unplug the USB-C cable from Ronin-S and proceed to power on the gimbal.
  • If Ronin-S has a camera attached and is turned on while updating the firmware, make sure to protect the camera and lens as the motors will shut off during the update.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the Ronin-S and retry.

2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2019-11-19
Use props
Kwan
lvl.4
United States

Wow... Nice update
PS4 DualShock and Xbox controllers... yes
Thanks
2019-11-19
Use props
__.HW.__
lvl.3
Netherlands

@ DJISupport, after the upgrade i noticed that when i want to change from a heavier lens to a lighter lens the tilt motor begins to violently shake and ill get a message that the tilt motor is overloaded in the ronin app.
The only solution is quickly do an auto tune but i'm afraid that every time i change lenses this will lead to a faulty tilt motor on the long run.
With older firmware there were no issues with vibrating or overloaded motors when changing lenses.

2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. You're very much welcome if you have any inquiries and concern with the new release notes for the
DJI Ronin-S, please feel free to post you inquiry in DJI Forum. Thank you for your support.
2019-11-19
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice addition
2019-11-19
Use props
sashax
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1280 ft
Italy

Just updated and the profiles changed.
In particular, profile 2, which I used before because it kept the horizon fixed, has now been replaced by a mode that makes the camera point upwards (underslung?).
How can I set everything up as before?
Thanks.
- Update 01:
Without any reason known to me, profile 3 now also points the camera facing upwards.
- Update 02:
I checked the app and in profiles 2 and 3 the 3d roll was activated.
Turning off the 3d roll, and now it seems to work.
Although I still don't understand why it happened.

2019-11-19
Use props
TheFly67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8087 ft

Belgium

Where can I find Ronin App Android: v1.2.6

It's still 1.2.4 on Google Play

2019-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-19 12:51
Hi. You're very much welcome if you have any inquiries and concern with the new release notes for the
DJI Ronin-S, please feel free to post you inquiry in DJI Forum. Thank you for your support.

I will
2019-11-20
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well, I updated both the Ronin S and the Ronin SC with the new firmware and all went well. Connecting the ps4 controller to the SC was troublesome initially but a few curse words and bingo it connected. No issues with the Ronin S and both work very well indeed. Top job DJI.
2019-11-20
Use props
Alex s.o.b.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284226 ft
  • >>>
Germany

TheFly67 Posted at 11-19 21:52

It's still 1.2.4 on Google Play

Yeah, at this time it should only available on ios.
the android update should be available in the next days i think
2019-11-20
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TheFly67 Posted at 11-19 21:52

It's still 1.2.4 on Google Play

Connect to your Ronin via the app and a prompt to update will appear. It is there on Android
2019-11-20
Use props
dodgethis_sg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6650 ft
Singapore

This is what playing with the Ronin-S and the DS4 feels like.
2019-11-20
Use props
TheFly67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8087 ft

Belgium

M2Wair Posted at 11-20 09:55
Connect to your Ronin via the app and a prompt to update will appear. It is there on Android

Thanks for info both
2019-11-21
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you press twice on the trigger it looks up, what is the point of this?
2019-11-21
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 11-21 03:20
When you press twice on the trigger it looks up, what is the point of this?

Flashlight mode?  You generally wouldn't do it while holding the Ronin vertical.  You would move it horizontal so that it is parallel with the ground.  

Or you could use it for inspecting the underside of a bridge...  Lol!
2019-11-21
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

__.HW.__ Posted at 11-19 09:00
@ DJISupport, after the upgrade i noticed that when i want to change from a heavier lens to a lighter lens the tilt motor begins to violently shake and ill get a message that the tilt motor is overloaded in the ronin app.
The only solution is quickly do an auto tune but i'm afraid that every time i change lenses this will lead to a faulty tilt motor on the long run.
With older firmware there were no issues with vibrating or overloaded motors when changing lenses.

Is it safe to assume you are re-balancing your camera after changing your lens and before turning it back on?
2019-11-21
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-21 05:36
Flashlight mode?  You generally wouldn't do it while holding the Ronin vertical.  You would move it horizontal so that it is parallel with the ground.  

Or you could use it for inspecting the underside of a bridge...  Lol!

I have it on tilt locked so that's why I couldn't figure it out.
2019-11-21
Use props
__.HW.__
lvl.3
Netherlands

KlooGee Posted at 11-21 05:39
Is it safe to assume you are re-balancing your camera after changing your lens and before turning it back on?

Yes, i turn off the gimbal, re-balance camera with the new lens then i turn back on the gimbal to do a autotune but as soon as i turn on the gimbal the motors begin to freak out.

2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_jJbAJXc6TEOg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83425 ft
United States

Alex s.o.b. Posted at 11-20 08:12
Yeah, at this time it should only available on ios.
the android update should be available in the next days i think

sure wish they would hurry up.  theres zero chance in hell im loading the apk file directly from dji.  this is bypassing the entire google play store verification and validation system.  that apk could have literally anything in it.  shady as hell that dji would even consider bypassing the app store route.  

theres a reason why phones wont install from sources other than the official app store by default.
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_lEUVmnjpUt7U
New
Sweden

Please add focus and record support for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K/6K. It is amazing cameras that is a perfect combination with Ronin S and more and more people are using them. Thank you.
2019-11-28
Use props
fans5bcca113
New

United States

What am I doing wrong?

Trying to update my Ronin S on my iMac (currently running on OS Sierra).   I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 but when I plug my Ronin into my computer it never comes up.  All my apps are up to date.

This is all I see:

I've powered it off and on and restarted my computer several times but nothing works.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2019-11-29
Use props
fans5bcca113
New

United States

fans5bcca113 Posted at 11-29 19:33
What am I doing wrong?

Trying to update my Ronin S on my iMac (currently running on OS Sierra).   I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 but when I plug my Ronin into my computer it never comes up.  All my apps are up to date.

Update:   Well, for whatever reason just realized my iMac wouldn't download the right DJI Assistant software.  I was able to down the right one of my Macbook pro.   
2019-11-30
Use props
idnawsi
New
Flight distance : 18271 ft
Indonesia

fans5bcca113 Posted at 11-29 19:33
What am I doing wrong?

Trying to update my Ronin S on my iMac (currently running on OS Sierra).   I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 but when I plug my Ronin into my computer it never comes up.  All my apps are up to date.

I think you need to check your firewall
2019-12-6
Use props
Ivan Young
New

Israel

Seems there will never be A7SII focus control support ((
2019-12-8
Use props
rjroser
New

United States

Please add support for focus and record for the Black Magic Pocket 4K as the camera's firmware now allows control through it's usb-c port.
2019-12-12
Use props
Monkey101
New
United States

Is there focus support for he Canon 80D?
Is there a lens list somewhere?
2019-12-15
Use props
Tima_007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

DJI, we need firmware update after Fujifilm is update it's XT3 firmware. We wont to use it properly with Ronin S. At this time nothing is work
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_kUj76rv7dbWw
New
Flight distance : 682119 ft
India

I am using a ronin-S with a canon 5d iv.
The pan axis of the gimbal shakes violently whenever put in underslung mode. Has anyone else faced this problem? What is it that I am doing wrong? Can anyone help me with it?
2019-12-24
Use props
djiuser_4y298LjCQ9tu
lvl.1
Australia

I do receive a faulty Ronin S please help someone
2019-12-26
Use props
AngelaMary

United Kingdom

djiuser_4y298LjCQ9tu Posted at 12-26 04:40
I do receive a faulty Ronin S please help someone

Hi there I'm struggling with the Ronin S as well you could try creating a new thread and describe why you think it's faulty.

Usual advice is:
Make sure it's balanced (Excellent on all Axis)  watch a few YT videos about it.  
System calibration
Auto tune  
2019-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules