1410 13 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juliflash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2923 ft

Spain

Hello,
I just finished reading the manual for the third time, I´m suposse to recieve my MINI today.
After reading carefuly about the calibration in page 45 of the manual, the information is contradictory.

It says
3.     Hold  the  aircraft  vertically,  with  its  nose  pointing  downward,  and  rotate  it  360  degrees  around  a  vertical axis.

However the image shows the aircraft with the nose pointing upwards, same than most videos I´ve seen so far.
Which one is the correct method?

calibration.jpg
2019-11-19
Use props
Route77
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United Kingdom

Always follow what the in app shows you, when you do the procedure it will show you on the app, in steps and if successful, the app will inform you. HTH.
2019-11-19
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

Route77 Posted at 11-19 04:54
Always follow what the in app shows you, when you do the procedure it will show you on the app, in steps and if successful, the app will inform you. HTH.

Thanks for the info Route77,
Makes sense, I just found weird to have contradictory info in the manual lol
Will report once I find out thanks again!
2019-11-19
Use props
Alan E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6457 ft
  • >>>
United States

I follow the graphic and the calibration is always successful.
2019-11-19
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

Alan E Posted at 11-19 05:01
I follow the graphic and the calibration is always successful.

Thanks Alan!
So I assume is the text that is wrong then, makes absolute sense, since the translation is not perfect in quite a few parts of the manual.
2019-11-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

We've got a great group of people here on this forum. They are right. Here's a video on compass calibration just for the heck of it. Might help out, or at least I hope so!!

2019-11-19
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-19 05:21
We've got a great group of people here on this forum. They are right. Here's a video on compass calibration just for the heck of it. Might help out, or at least I hope so!!

Thanks JodyB!
I saw  quite a few videos and thought that was the correct way, just the manual stating the opposite made me think.

DJI, somebody has to upgrade the manual accordingly.
2019-11-19
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Juliflash Posted at 11-19 06:38
Thanks JodyB!
I saw  quite a few videos and thought that was the correct way, just the manual stating the opposite made me think.

Agreed, manual does need to reflect the proper way of doing things and needs to be changed accordingly. I hear you are to take delivery of your mini today? I really hope so and that everything works like it's supposed to for ya!!
2019-11-19
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

JodyB Posted at 11-19 06:45
Agreed, manual does need to reflect the proper way of doing things and needs to be changed accordingly. I hear you are to take delivery of your mini today? I really hope so and that everything works like it's supposed to for ya!!

Yes, manually must be 100% correct and updated asap. I love manuals but this one... so so, not very clear graphics and some misleading, robotic text. I guess is why most people hate manuals lol

You are correct my MINI is marked for delivery (nothing yet though), I wont have time to fly today but will do all firmware updates, calibrations, charging batteries etc

Will report tomorrow if it finally arrives!
2019-11-19
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Enjoy Dro !! I ll fly tomorrow near my castle

2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. With regards to this matter. The best thing I can do to assists you is to forward this thread  and information to the proper DJI department. For us to be able to rectify and clarify the said matter. For the latest update with regards to DJI  and it's manuals. Kindly please visit our official website at ( www.dji.com )a. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your support.

2019-11-19
Use props
Juliflash
lvl.4

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-19 11:35
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. With regards to this matter. The best thing I can do to assists you is to forward this thread  and information to the proper DJI department. For us to be able to rectify and clarify the said matter. For the latest update with regards to DJI  and it's manuals. Kindly please visit our official website at ( www.dji.com )a. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your support.

No problems caused DJI Paladin, thanks for answering, is just a delicate thing, to calibrate what it guides the drone and having wrong info, but after following the great indications by the community here, it was a very easy matter. All callibrated Ok and actually took my first three short flight inside the house with an awsome experience!

I confirm, the nose indeed point upward like the App indicates.
Thanks to all for the great help!
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Juliflash Posted at 11-19 12:16
No problems caused DJI Paladin, thanks for answering, is just a delicate thing, to calibrate what it guides the drone and having wrong info, but after following the great indications by the community here, it was a very easy matter. All callibrated Ok and actually took my first three short flight inside the house with an awsome experience!

I confirm, the nose indeed point upward like the App indicates.

You're very much welcome and thank you for your values support.
2019-11-19
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2019-11-19 11:17
Enjoy Dro !! I ll fly tomorrow near my castle

[view_image]

Nice picture dro! I never saw it cause I changed account
2020-1-4
Use props