Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
An amusing tale i heard
681 6 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RK7dronzy
Captain
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

About an armed response team getting their shinny new drone and not reading the manual before flying, after taking off and flying around a bit they then did a rth whereby the drone flew home except the home point  was back at the factory where the drone had been initalised.
2019-11-19
Use props
TruGreen
Captain
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

seems far fetched. DJI drones record the home point from where they take off
2019-11-19
Use props
RK7dronzy
Captain
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 11-19 07:49
seems far fetched. DJI drones record the home point from where they take off

I do not know that it was a dji drone i just thought it was amusing and a lesson on reading the manual before you fly. The main reason i bought a dji drone was because of its capabilities but i still red the manual several times and even then i missed bits. One drone i had before had all the info in the manual it just was not in the right order.
2019-11-19
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Heh, one of the early iterations of Find My Drone showed the drone's location in Shenzhen when activated: https://forum.dji.com/thread-114324-1-1.html
2019-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they were flying for work surely that should have been properly trained first.
2019-11-20
Use props
RK7dronzy
Captain
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-20 01:34
If they were flying for work surely that should have been properly trained first.

Yes you would have thought so but when i read about so many people crashing their drones because they are in a hurry to get into the air and not waiting 30secs because they think they know what they are doing all the trainning goes out the window. Its difficult to know what you shinny drone is going to do on your first flight. I know i was wary until it took off and then sat there at 3ft nice and stable.  based on previous drones that had a tendency to take off at an angle and crash if you did not get control straight away.
2019-11-20
Use props
Neo Supreme
First Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

RK7dronzy Posted at 11-20 03:43
Yes you would have thought so but when i read about so many people crashing their drones because they are in a hurry to get into the air and not waiting 30secs because they think they know what they are doing all the trainning goes out the window. Its difficult to know what you shinny drone is going to do on your first flight. I know i was wary until it took off and then sat there at 3ft nice and stable.  based on previous drones that had a tendency to take off at an angle and crash if you did not get control straight away.

When I first got my Mavic Air, I had it for almost a good two weeks before I flew it.  I wanted to make sure it was properly updated, registered and covered under DJI care before I started to have fun with it.
2019-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules