Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Mini controller charging my android phone.
539 2 11-19 09:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bogarncz
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi, I've found out that my new DJI Mavic Mini controller is actually charging my phone, which depletes the controller battery quiete fast. Is there anything I can do about it?
I looked it up and I found out that the controller doesn't charge iOS devices. Why does it charge Android then?
There is an app for rooted android, which stops the phone from USB charing, but I won't root my phone for security reasons. Some people said that I can make a "data only" cable by cutting the 5V (or ground) cable, but that's invasive method to sort this out and not a 100% sure that it will work. Can anybody help me with this issue?

I also tried different cable (Micro USB B to USB C) but the controller won't recognize it (funny thing is that with this cable, the phone charges the controller). I was able to have connection to the controller only with the original Micro USB A to USB C cable.

DJI Mavic Mini (Europe version)
Phone: Huawei P30 Pro (newest updates)
11-19 09:28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with regards to the DJI Mavic Mini's remote controller charging the Android devices. In relation to this matter the Android mobile device needs on going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.
11-19 09:51
Use props
Bogarncz
lvl.1
Czechia

Wow, that's unfortunate. So, cutting the 5v or the ground cable (only one of them) won't work and my only way to not get the controller battery completely depleted is to buy an iOS device?
11-19 10:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules