Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Got my repair bill ...
1444 10 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GuttaMind
lvl.1
United States

Hey everyone I’m new here. I’m also new to flying Drones. Recently picked up a Mavic Pro Platinum and was really enjoying it for a few days ... flying a drone definitely lives up to the hype lol. Welp as probably most new drone pilots do, I was showing it off and putting it through its paces for my little brother who was pretty stoked that I had a drone and just utterly smashed it into the side of my house, then into the roof of my bay window, and finally onto the cement walkway leading into my back patio .... I couldn’t have planned a bigger disaster, it hit everything and anything it possibly could on it’s way down and hit hard. I almost threw up on the spot lol, but I just shrugged and suppressed my pain, picked up the pieces and walked back into the house lol.

I knew where I was flying the drone that day was dumb, up until that point I was anal about making sure I had infinite room to fly it, but when you gotta flex you gotta flex I guess lol.

Just got my repair quote back today ... no DJI Refresh either .... I had no idea what refresh was and must’ve looked right past the email or app prompt I guess in excitement of owning the drone so I had to pay out of pocket $664 in damages. Lol I’m pretty butt-hurt about it lol but what can you do, I’m just ready to get the drone back and get back to flying it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to acquire DJI Refresh on a repaired Drone before you fly it again?

Lol what’s the most you’ve paid for repairs?
2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sincerely sorry to hear about the crash accident, and hope it will not happen again.
DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.

Yes, you can purchase it after you get the drone back, please check the criteria below. DJI Care Refresh.png
2019-11-19
Use props
GuttaMind
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-19 19:05
We are sincerely sorry to hear about the crash accident, and hope it will not happen again.
DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.

[Image]

Awesome! Thanks Mindy! Eagerly awaiting that email.
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GuttaMind Posted at 11-20 18:02
Awesome! Thanks Mindy! Eagerly awaiting that email.

You are welcome, please keep me updated if you have any further question.
2019-11-21
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear about your troubles. DJI drones are not a toy, as you have now realized.... i'm glad to hear you're considering protecting your purchase.

Their refresh program allows you to get a refurbished drone twice within a year, for MPP it costs $89 fo the first replacement and $139 for the second, plus the intial purchase fee of 4129.

The replacement process is the same as you have already encountered, but cheaper for you.

Good luck!!
2019-11-22
Use props
SupCarlos
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Initial cost of *$129 not 4129
2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_71tE9ODldGNx
lvl.1
United States

I feel your pain!!

I registered mine with the FAA  and then read some instructions.  It said 'always fly by line-of-site', not your view finder (iPhone in my case).   I flew over a swamp in our back yard right into a tree, by line-of-sight!!  It chewed up the tree, broke off a propeller arm and fell into the swamp cracking the body.  LUCKY for me the swamp was lightly frozen over and it didn't get wet!!!

I sent it off the next day for repair.  The moral of the story is DON'T RELY ON LINE OF SIGHT!!
2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_71tE9ODldGNx Posted at 11-23 13:49
I feel your pain!!

I registered mine with the FAA  and then read some instructions.  It said 'always fly by line-of-site', not your view finder (iPhone in my case).   I flew over a swamp in our back yard right into a tree, by line-of-sight!!  It chewed up the tree, broke off a propeller arm and fell into the swamp cracking the body.  LUCKY for me the swamp was lightly frozen over and it didn't get wet!!!

Sorry for the crash accident, our repair center will help you out, if you need any assistance, please keep us updated with the case number.
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_71tE9ODldGNx
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-24 21:05
Sorry for the crash accident, our repair center will help you out, if you need any assistance, please keep us updated with the case number.

Thanks DJI Mindy
It was received and being looked at as I speak.  Hopefully it won't cost an 'arm and a leg'.
2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_71tE9ODldGNx Posted at 11-25 13:23
Thanks DJI Mindy
It was received and being looked at as I speak.  Hopefully it won't cost an 'arm and a leg'.

I also hope so. Feel free to let us know if you need any help.
2019-11-27
Use props
Rogersk8ter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1923 ft

Indonesia

Im sorry to hear
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules