Mavic Mini RC not connecting to my Samsung S9
11963 25 2019-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
59gibson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36 ft
Canada

Just received my mini fly more combo (looks great btw!) and after several hours of trying, I could not get the controller to connect to my Samsung Galaxy S9.  It works perfectly with my wife's iPhone 8 but the RC will not connect to the Samsung S9.  I am getting a "charging" percentage indicator when I plug the cable into the Samsung and the RC though.  I tried the USB debugging thing but to no avail.  Am I missing something?

2019-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi 59gibson, sorry to read about the troubles, Samsung Galaxy S9 should be able to compatible with DJI Fly, what is your OS version? Please make sure the Android version is 6.0 or above. If the issue persists, any chance to try another cable?
2019-11-20
Use props
59gibson
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-20 02:37
Hi 59gibson, sorry to read about the troubles, Samsung Galaxy S9 should be able to compatible with DJI Fly, what is your OS version? Please make sure the Android version is 6.0 or above. If the issue persists, any chance to try another cable?

Hi Mindy, thank you for the fast reply!

My S9 is running Android Version 9.  I ordered another cable from Amazon this morning and will report back if that fixes the issue.  Fingers crossed!
2019-11-20
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Hi 59gibson, I have the MM flying on my S9+ with no problems - Once the drone, controller and S9 connected a few updates had to be installed from DJI
2019-11-20
Use props
59gibson
lvl.3
Canada

Droneflier Posted at 11-20 09:47
Hi 59gibson, I have the MM flying on my S9+ with no problems - Once the drone, controller and S9 connected a few updates had to be installed from DJI

No luck for me on my S9.  Even with a new cable and all of the updates, still no go!  It's bizarre since it works perfectly with my wife and daughter's iphones.  
2019-11-20
Use props
fans6b3dc468
New
Flight distance : 270837 ft
Canada

I just got my mavic mini and can't connect 2 to galaxy's s9 just wondering any fix or solutions...thx
2019-12-11
Use props
59gibson
lvl.3
Canada

fans6b3dc468 Posted at 12-11 15:57
I just got my mavic mini and can't connect 2 to galaxy's s9 just wondering any fix or solutions...thx

I could not get my S9 to work and I tried everything.  I ended up buying an iphone 6 just for flying the Mini.  It's really a shame because if I knew ahead of time, I wouldn't have purchased the MM.
2019-12-12
Use props
djiuser_RZKOx68fX1iO
lvl.2

United States

I have experienced (perhaps) a similar problem. My phone (Galaxy Pure) is ARM V8, with 64-bit capability. However, my cellular provider does not implement 64-bit, making the DJI Fly app a no-go, and the Mavic Mini the world's most expensive paperweight. Just because your phone CAN do 64 bit, doesn't mean it WILL. I suggest checking with your cell provider.
2019-12-15
Use props
djiuser_RZKOx68fX1iO
lvl.2

United States

59gibson Posted at 12-12 00:03
I could not get my S9 to work and I tried everything.  I ended up buying an iphone 6 just for flying the Mini.  It's really a shame because if I knew ahead of time, I wouldn't have purchased the MM.

I'm in the same situation; I could get a deal on an I-phone 6S from my cell provider ...in two months. I'm starting to lean towards a Parrot ANAFI until my Sky Dio arrives, and just call the DJI experience a bad bet and a costly mistake on y part.
2019-12-15
Use props
fans6d47eb58
lvl.1

United States

I just got my MM today. I have spent all day trying to connect to my Galaxy S9 plus and nothing. So frustrated
2020-1-3
Use props
59gibson
lvl.3
Canada

fans6d47eb58 Posted at 1-3 17:37
I just got my MM today. I have spent all day trying to connect to my Galaxy S9 plus and nothing. So frustrated

I here you.  Like I said in a previous post, I tried everything under the sun but no go.  It's really bizarre because I'm able to launch the app but it just won't connect to the RC.  The RC and Mini are perfectly paired up.  

I purchased a used Iphone 6 just to to be able to fly the mini   If your luck changes, let me know.
2020-1-3
Use props
HoPro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70958 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

59gibson Posted at 1-3 22:27
I here you.  Like I said in a previous post, I tried everything under the sun but no go.  It's really bizarre because I'm able to launch the app but it just won't connect to the RC.  The RC and Mini are perfectly paired up.  

I purchased a used Iphone 6 just to to be able to fly the mini   If your luck changes, let me know.

Same, here but with android phone,

did you solve the problem?
2020-1-7
Use props
fans461cbed1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8117 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I have no issues with Samsung Galaxy S9.
Worked straight out of the box from the beginning with Mavic Mini.
2020-1-7
Use props
TooManyHobbies
lvl.1

United States

Just to add if it will help troubleshoot, my S9 and my wifes S9 worked out of the box with no issue.

Details
Phone: Galaxy S9
Model: SM-G960U
Hardware version: REV1.1
Android Version: 9
2020-1-7
Use props
59gibson
lvl.3
Canada

TooManyHobbies Posted at 1-7 17:44
Just to add if it will help troubleshoot, my S9 and my wifes S9 worked out of the box with no issue.

Details

Thanks and glad to hear your S9 is working with the mini.  I wonder if it's the processor in my S9?  It' has a Qualcomm.  What processors are your S9's running?
2020-1-7
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

59gibson Posted at 1-7 21:34
Thanks and glad to hear your S9 is working with the mini.  I wonder if it's the processor in my S9?  It' has a Qualcomm.  What processors are your S9's running?

Some  Ekynos chipsets have the problem with DJI Fly, Qualcomm are fine.
2020-1-8
Use props
TooManyHobbies
lvl.1

United States

59gibson Posted at 1-7 21:34

Yes, ours are both Qualcomm.  We are in the U.S. purchased from Verizon.
2020-1-8
Use props
fans461cbed1
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

lannes Posted at 1-8 00:31
It's Ekynos chipsets that have the problem with DJI Fly, Qualcomm are fine.

My Samsung Galaxy S9 is modelnumber SM-G960F.
According specs this is Exynos 9810 processor type.
As mentioned before in this topic, my S9 worked perfect with the Fly App straight out of the box.

Modelnumbers SM-G960F and SM-G960N have Exynos processor
Modelnumbers SM-G960U and SM-G960U1 have Qualcomm processor
2020-1-8
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans461cbed1 Posted at 1-8 04:51
My Samsung Galaxy S9 is modelnumber SM-G960F.
According specs this is Exynos 9810 processor type.
As mentioned before in this topic, my S9 worked perfect with the Fly App straight out of the box.

Are you on Android 10, the latest AC/RC  firmware 0.400 and the DJI Fly app 1.0.4 ?

Maybe the problem relates to a specific Exynos processor, it is not clear from DJI.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 906&pid=2045613

2020-1-8
Use props
fans461cbed1
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

lannes Posted at 1-8 05:04
Are you on Android 10, the latest AC/RC  firmware 0.400 and the DJI Fly app 1.0.4 ?

Maybe the problem relates to a specific Exynos processor, it is not clear from DJI.
I'm running Android 9 on the S9
Latest firmware .400 on rc, ac and batteries.
Fly App 1.0.4
Never had a single problem.
2020-1-8
Use props
djiuser_rDZ9fC7Nt4NO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192585 ft
Hungary

I have the exact same issue on my LG G6 with Android 9. I plug in the RC in the phone, it tries to connect 3 times then just starts charging my phone and not connecting to the RC. Works fine with my mom's old iPhone 5S though
2020-3-3
Use props
djiuser_Epz55TVKDMOe
New

United States

I have had the same problem with my S9+.  After some experimentation I found that the orientation of the "reverseable" USB C connection matters.  When using the supplied cable plugged in normally, the phone continuously flashes the % charged and the RC never connects.  With the connector flipped 180 degrees, the % charge flashes once and then the phone connects to the RC.  I verified this with a second cable and saw the same results.  On my wife's S9 the cable works in either orientation.  Strange...
2020-4-12
Use props
Kash Quartermaine
lvl.1

Australia

Has anyone fixed this issue or heard anything from DJI. I'm having this issue with my S8+. My gf got the same phone on the same day as me just a different colour. Works on her phone but didn't work for 4 days after purchase (whole Easter long wkend) but on the Tue after work she connected straight away. I was so happy! Now its Thursday (Wed was rainy) and I've gone to connect but we're back to square 1. RC not connected to mobile device. Ive tried flipping the cable, doing resets on the phone. Starting the drone and rc in different patterns. Nothing. Has anyone out there found anything helpful about this problem?
2020-4-15
Use props
MaTiCeK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545236 ft
Slovenia

I have the exact same problem on an Exynos S10 plus. I have tried customer service to no avail. Luckily I also own an iPhone which I can use for flying. But it's a shame.
2020-4-27
Use props
bervin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192585 ft
Hungary

djiuser_rDZ9fC7Nt4NO Posted at 3-3 06:29
I have the exact same issue on my LG G6 with Android 9. I plug in the RC in the phone, it tries to connect 3 times then just starts charging my phone and not connecting to the RC. Works fine with my mom's old iPhone 5S though

Update: I found a solution. After cleaning the USB C port on my phone (It was full of dust as it turned out) it connected to my Mavic Mini without a problem on first try
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_z9YdMLfhckXO
New

India

djiuser_Epz55TVKDMOe Posted at 4-12 09:51
I have had the same problem with my S9+.  After some experimentation I found that the orientation of the "reverseable" USB C connection matters.  When using the supplied cable plugged in normally, the phone continuously flashes the % charged and the RC never connects.  With the connector flipped 180 degrees, the % charge flashes once and then the phone connects to the RC.  I verified this with a second cable and saw the same results.  On my wife's S9 the cable works in either orientation.  Strange...

Thank you so much for this. I just bought a new Mavic Mini Combo and was utterly disappointed to find out that it simply wouldn't connect to my Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android 10. I spent two days scouring through portals and forums trying to find out what was causing the problem, until I saw your comment & tried reversing the C-type connector to the RC and Voila! Turns out that the reversible C-type cable that connects the phone to the RC has some issue in the standard alignment and the only way the RC recognizes it is if the connecting alignment is reversed! DJI really needs to address this issue, as I found a lot of disappointed customers who were grappling with the same issue!
2020-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules