Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly app - can't read white text at top of screen
12Next >
6675 45 2019-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichRob
United Kingdom

I love the uncluttered look of the DJI Fly app - however I'm really struggling to read the white text at the top of the screen when flying, as its often overlaid on top of an image of grey sky.
Please DJI fix this so that I can see: battery life, flight time remaining, signal strength etc. The text needs to be against a fixed coloured background so its always visible regardless of the image on screen.
2019-11-20
Use props
Uptowndisco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yep me as well . could do with a black or dark bar behind the text
2019-11-20
Use props
fans439e3eff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 113694 ft
United Kingdom

I’ll add my vote for that as well
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi RichRob, appreciate your feedback, your concern wil be escalated to our engineers for consideration, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-11-20
Use props
jh8
First Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Agreed, must be changed!
2019-11-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

It will be fixed in next update.  

Or update after that.  Or update after update after that.   Or update after update after update after that.
2019-11-21
Use props
Minnesota
Second Officer
United States

Why not put much of the TOP line info in the 2 Bottom lines?
2019-11-21
Use props
miniger
lvl.1
Germany

I´m pretty sure, that this issue is well known @DJI. Obviously.

Just a small black background behind the characters and symbols will do
2019-11-21
Use props
Funn 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 92126 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drives me NUTS... Need to be able to see the Telemetry!!!!!
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_WjhttU4f9lli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-21 09:04

Or update after that.  Or update after update after that.   Or update after update after update after that.

Hope it doesn't. take that long I also have the same problem like the rest of you.
2019-11-24
Use props
Minnesota
Second Officer
United States

It's odd to me they didn't use the same Graphical User Interface they have on the other Mavics (where text has its own background), minus parts that don't apply.  Since MM is marketed as "your first drone," they hope a number of people will buy higher end models in the future.
2019-11-25
Use props
Nick Poverman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122185 ft
United States

I agree they need to make these red or green. Poor app design.
2019-11-25
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

RE: DJI Fly app - can't read white text at top of screen

Here here! this drives me batty! (Nuts, bonkers, mad, crazy, bananas<insert quirky term here>) Please, DJI, for the love of god, change this. Put letters on a flat black background like a box around the info. Better yet, give us the option to choose box, box color and text color! Thanks in advance!
2019-11-25
Use props
K9JDN
Captain
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would vote for a change here, also.  Almost impossible to read battery percentage when flying on a light or gray sky day!  This should be an easy fix for the DJI Fly application folks.
2019-11-25
Use props
jh8
First Officer
Flight distance : 39685 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

IMO The best solution would be to give an option to use an outlined font with a thin dark border around characters, similar to subtitles.
2019-11-25
Use props
Skullrider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26991 ft
United States

I wish that it had the color bar behind it like on the DJI Go app does.
2019-12-13
Use props
Sigmo
Second Officer
United States

I will add my vote for this as well.  The telemetry text needs to be on a contrasting background regardless of what's being viewed by the camera.

2019-12-13
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree. The most issue I have with the text being legible, is in the upper right corner. The battery and signal levels. Very hard to see.
2019-12-13
Use props
the1shark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43156 ft
Israel

Same here, it is a simple fix I believe.
2019-12-13
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

A good point, I wonder why ALL of the outfits that make something that has graphics people are going to read do not take this into consideration.  Backgrounds and choice of colors I have been complaining about since the 1980's, but very few developers take it into consideration.  I was with one of the first Bulletin Board Systems and then went to an Internet Service, and they had an automated color generator in their programing - hahaha - I had to telephone them and alert them to the fact that their program was generating things like LIGHT YELLOW text on LIGHT GREY BACKGROUND, LIGHT GREY text on BLACK BACKGROUND, and today we are still putting up with things like that in the different devices.  ALL companies should have an OPTICS EDITOR that deals with readability and other issues.  Sorry  to run on - pet complaint
2019-12-13
Use props
djiuser_WjhttU4f9lli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156709 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-21 09:04

well is wasn't in the .300 update maybe in the .700 update, DJI please fix this.
2019-12-13
Use props
Cadbob
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18360 ft
United States

Yes I cant see text myself I googled problem and found this thread
2020-2-28
Use props
AnotherDave
United States

This is a very serious interface design flaw. I'm surprised more haven't complained about it, and more loudly. So distracting and annoying. Have to expend far too much time and critical awareness bandwidth on deciphering that top row. It's virtually invisible when against a bright sky, which strangely, is a good part, if not most of the time flying...

Gimballing down or yawing onto something dark for a sec so you can read that top row is not the workaround needed.

I can think of several in-flight scenarios where this loss of situational awareness would be instrumental in creating less-than-optimal consequences.

I think if I was DJI I would re-prioritize this fix and get it done as fast as possible. JMHO...

I'm seriously baffled how this was missed.

2020-4-28
Use props
JGFly
lvl.4

Canada

AnotherDave Posted at 4-28 12:59
This is a very serious interface design flaw. I'm surprised more haven't complained about it, and more loudly. So distracting and annoying. Have to expend far too much time and critical awareness bandwidth on deciphering that top row. It's virtually invisible when against a bright sky, which strangely, is a good part, if not most of the time flying...

It makes no sense. So many complaints about it and nothing done to date.

DJI, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE .... What the hell are you waiting for ???

2020-4-28
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

it's fixed now; you have to wonder how no one noticed or saw this before launch.  how to you test a device in the field and have a ton of trouble reading the screen but go ahead and decide to go with it regardless.  most of us spent 6 months and at this point, I'm used to just not looking at it.  I'll check to see what I have been missing. ;)
2020-4-28
Use props
Frehme
lvl.3
Flight distance : 25617 ft
Brazil

This is a point we have to keep claiming.
I saw that this week was released the Dji Fly version 1.1.0 and I do not see any relevant modification at the visility of  the upper information.
If the number of satellites is important to take off, why not make this information clearly visible?
An option could be to highlight it in the same way as when you click on the battery and the data is shown in a small box.
Wenn we fly at a cloudy day, as the picture below, this information are really difficult to see.  The number of satellite has a white font and it is so small that it is practically invisible.

2020-4-29
Use props
Francoisd
Captain
Flight distance : 66352 ft
France

The Saint Posted at 4-28 18:42
it's fixed now; you have to wonder how no one noticed or saw this before launch.  how to you test a device in the field and have a ton of trouble reading the screen but go ahead and decide to go with it regardless.  most of us spent 6 months and at this point, I'm used to just not looking at it.  I'll check to see what I have been missing. ;)

Hi,

It is not fixed for everyone apparently. To my experience, on my Iphone 8, there are no black line on the top and bottom screen
2020-4-29
Use props
Frehme
lvl.3
Brazil

Francoisd Posted at 4-29 04:50
Hi,

It is not fixed for everyone apparently. To my experience, on my Iphone 8, there are no black line on the top and bottom screen

Hello,
The black line at the top and bottom of screen is visible just at tablets due the screen format. For mobiles, the visibility problem persist.
2020-4-29
Use props
marktottymy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 91860 ft
United States

New Dji Fly version for Android version on Samsung does not have black bar to see battery status Dji Moderator Please advise
2020-4-29
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

Francoisd Posted at 4-29 04:50
Hi,

It is not fixed for everyone apparently. To my experience, on my Iphone 8, there are no black line on the top and bottom screen

I think you are right, I don't see a major change on my phone either.  but as I mentioned in a different thread, for some reason, my info appears to be more readable.  it's as if the icons are highlighted or outlined to make them more visible.  it might be my imagination but I am able to view the details a bit better than previously.
2020-4-29
Use props
Frehme
lvl.3
Brazil

The Saint Posted at 4-29 06:45
I think you are right, I don't see a major change on my phone either.  but as I mentioned in a different thread, for some reason, my info appears to be more readable.  it's as if the icons are highlighted or outlined to make them more visible.  it might be my imagination but I am able to view the details a bit better than previously.

Hello,

Yes, you are correct. At the version 1.1.0 of the Dji Fly is visible a light change in the battery icon, which has become a little more visible, although still represented in white.
See some pictures taken today using the new App at an iPhone 6.

I don't understand why the satellite icon is so small. If the ideia from Dji is to keep the interface clean, they could use the same proposal that was used at the battery, where the data is shown more detailled when we touch at the icon.

2020-4-29
Use props
fansa3ca2932
First Officer
Flight distance : 1614416 ft
Russia

Same on my Android: vote for translucent grey bar on top.
2020-5-11
Use props
GrumpyJoe
lvl.1

Canada

Using a Samsung Galaxy phone running the latest Android with my Mavic Mini and not being able to see the remaining battery level is frustrating and frankly it could be dangerous if you don't know how much battery you have left.  Something still needs to be done for the people using mobile phones with a Mavic Mini (which is most people IMO).  I rely on telemetry in a lot of my RC models and even an audio event indicating remaining battery level that could be triggered somehow or called out at set intervals would be helpful.

PLEASE fix this DJI.

Best regards
2020-6-28
Use props
DG Boiler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39938 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-11-20 02:27
Hi RichRob, appreciate your feedback, your concern wil be escalated to our engineers for consideration, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Since all comments get referred to engineers and programmers, how about having them respond regularly or post a list of the priorities they are addressing from their user base.
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DG Boiler Posted at 6-28 08:30
Since all comments get referred to engineers and programmers, how about having them respond regularly or post a list of the priorities they are addressing from their user base.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused that this issue still hasn't been solved. It has been optimized and each time we have forwarded our customers' voice to the development team. We will push the team again.
2020-6-29
Use props
TDZHDTV
First Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-29 01:44
Sorry for the inconvenience caused that this issue still hasn't been solved. It has been optimized and each time we have forwarded our customers' voice to the development team. We will push the team again.

Hi Mindy, apart from the odd Fanboy, customers have been complaining about this since the launch of the Fly App.  It’s such a shame as DJI had a solution in the GO4 App, I don’t know why DJI App team are being so stubborn about this?
2020-6-29
Use props
Art Vandelay
First Officer
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 6-29 01:57
Hi Mindy, apart from the odd Fanboy, customers have been complaining about this since the launch of the Fly App.  It’s such a shame as DJI had a solution in the GO4 App, I don’t know why DJI App team are being so stubborn about this?

It's clear to me, at this point, that DJI is deliberately not making this VERY EASY code change because they want us to buy a pricier drone.  If they fix/improve too much on the Mini, we won't buy a higher end model.  Management decision.  They'll keep feeding us "We'll tell our developers..." crap forever.  They have no intention of fixing it.  
2020-6-29
Use props
Ralle
First Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

Fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2020-6-29
Use props
TDZHDTV
First Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Art Vandelay Posted at 6-29 03:41
It's clear to me, at this point, that DJI is deliberately not making this VERY EASY code change because they want us to buy a pricier drone.  If they fix/improve too much on the Mini, we won't buy a higher end model.  Management decision.  They'll keep feeding us "We'll tell our developers..." crap forever.  They have no intention of fixing it.

The new Mavic Air 2 uses the same App and therefore has the same issue
2020-6-29
Use props
Art Vandelay
First Officer
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 6-29 07:26
The new Mavic Air 2 uses the same App and therefore has the same issue

Hmmm.  Didn't know that.  Thanks.  I just couldn't believe that they were that lame so I figured it was deliberate.  
2020-6-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules