Dji fly wifi channel
3098 3 2019-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MQIjiGH7Gp79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372982 ft
Netherlands

Flew the drone over the beach, after 100m got Signal Interference warning. Brought the drone back, on the connection screen I saw that 1 of the only 2 busy 2.4ghz channels was selected, on auto mode! Why doesn't the drone select a free WiFi channel? I switched to manual, chose a free channel and it went over 1000m...!

The drone should pick a free channel automatically, right?
2019-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we appreciate your feedback, your concern has been reported to our engineers for attention, we will let you know once there is any updated.
On your daily flight, please make sure the drone is flying in a free WiFi channel for a better experience.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may we verify if you still have the same problem? How's its performance recently?
Usually the drone will select the channel with less interference automatically once starting the motor, it is not available to select the channel manually at the first beginning, if you get Signal Interference warning during the flight, please land the drone and turn off the motors, then you can select the free channel as you want.
If the issue persists, could you please connect the drone to the DJI Assistant 2 and export the flight data. We also need the APP logs for further analysis. Thank you in advance. Android.png
iOS 1.png iOS 2.png
2019-12-17
Use props
Blithe74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254367 ft
Russia

Hi dear friends from DJI!

Thank You for Mavic Mini — very good drone, but I have a similar problem. I 've done experiments and established some pattern for repeating the errors. Wrote by email in support, but DJI did not respond to me, and so I write here.  I hope that you will correct them soon, thank you in advance.

Initial state:
Smartphone Xiaomi RedMi Note 6 Pro, MIUI Global  11.0.2 Stable (Android 9PKQ1.180904.001) Russian location and language; DJI Mavic Mini CE v.01.00.0400 (v.01.00.0300 had these problem, older version do not tested), DJI Fly v.1.0.4 (1.0.3 had these problem, older version do not tested).
All actions take place in the same room. An exemplary state of the radio air is shown at picture:

Application started, the connection with drone is established, opened tab "Transmission", channel mode "Manual".
The problem I record in file:

Explanation to video:
1) I switch to the smartphone desktop (time 00:00), then back to application DJI Fly and open the tab "Transmission" (time 00:10). Dbm/MHz histogram show true situation with noise (see file 1 too).
2) I switch the mode to "Auto" (time 00:40). The drone is overloaded and all channels on histogram turn red, with a level of 60dbm.
3) I switch to "Manual" mode (time 01:46),  but all channels are red.
4) I select a new channel (2:18). The item menu on screen change to "Auto" (02:26) Why? I am in "Manual" mode not "Auto"!!!  The drone is overloaded (02:44), but all channels are red too.
5) I switch smartphone to the desktop (03:00), and return to DJI FLY (03:08), the noise histogram is show true situation.

Video is long, because I started the motors after each step for a few seconds to cool the drone.

In video I choose channel 1 and 13 is manually.  See radio noise (file 1) free channel 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14. But when DJY Fly is started,  in auto mode the app choose channel 4 with maximum noise. On channel 4 work my WiFi router (two meters from drone).
Errors:
1) Noise histogram. Description for axis is wrong: dbm/MKz. True description: dbm/MHz   or  dbm/GHz
2) DJI Fly application wrong show channels noise histogram.
3) When I change channel in manual mode the Menu item is change status form "Manual" to "Auto" and return to "Manual" at next time.
3) DJI Fly and Drone wrong choose to work channel with maximum noise instead of channel with minimum noise.
4) When drone is drop the connect with RC and return to home drone might be change modes S to P to S many times each seconds, I think it is not normal:

If You have some question or You need some help for test, will write to me.

Thank You for Your job!

With best regards Alexandr.
WiFi_analyzer.jpg
WiFi_analyzer.jpg
S-P-S_mode.jpg
WiFi_analyzer.jpg
S-P-S_mode.jpg
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules