DJI Mavic Mini Registration in Thailand
4805 5 2019-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dbshetty
lvl.1
United States

Does the DJI Mavic Mini require a registration to fly in Thailand? Im going there for vacation in a few days and the information online is a bit contradictory. I'm wondering if someone here knows some information about this.

Thank you in advance.
2019-11-20
Use props
djiuser_EPFNyhLoTvBp
New
Denmark

I would also like to know the answer to this question as I will be traveling to Thailand at the end of January 2020.
2019-12-10
Use props
djiuser_ZdKCVFw6ua3r
New

Thailand

Might be too late, but I just "arrived" at this dji forum. Anyway, every drone equipped with a camera has to be registered at CAAT and NBTC in Thailand before you enter the country! They will not allow you in to the country with an un-registered drone
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_9ESCPnY8biPr
New

Portugal

But I think that rule is just applied for drones with more than 250g... no?
2019-12-26
Use props
Twizzian
lvl.1
Thailand

I bought the Mini, I also live in Thailand. Have been in contact with the seller, You need all 3 criteria,  CAAT, & NBTC-( because it has a camera and transmits a frequency) no waver on the weight I’ve been informed, and compulsory insurance, so you can’t register without insurance of min baht1,000,000. Also a self declaration ODC form, & possibly a power of attorney doc, plus min 7 photos of drone & serial numbers & purchase receipt.
It’s ridiculous! all these docs for a pocket size flying machine. I’ve got a Phantom 2 & can’t even give it away lol.
I'm using the insurance company provided from the drone seller shop that will do most of the donkey work, send them all the docs, but the NBTC require all originals. If your a tourist, you could be waiting far far longer for your licence than the duration of your holiday.
2019-12-29
Use props
Aguancafe
New

Thailand

If you go on youtube you will find many drone videos of the Southern Islands uploaded by amateurs. Depending on exactly where you want to fly, these strict regulations are not likely to be a real world problem.
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules