Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another shaky video.
1071 12 2019-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Knapweed
lvl.4
Canada

Here's a short video showing two examples of shaky video syndrome. Anybody else with this problem, please chip in:

Weather +8 degrees Celsius, wind 4-8 kts, Sunny and dry.

Timeline:

0 -9 seconds Shaking.
9 - 21 seconds, Mini yaws to port and back again shaking stops.
21 - 31 seconds. Shaking. Mini is on a very solid concrete bench, props are stationary.
31 seconds. Props started, shaking stops.

Video looks marginally clearer on YouTube.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Knapweed, thanks for your feedback, may we verify more details?
1. Did you attach the propeller guards?
2. Did you ever change the propellers?
3. Was it working after the gimbal calibration?
2019-11-21
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-21 00:43
Hi Knapweed, thanks for your feedback, may we verify more details?
1. Did you attach the propeller guards?
2. Did you ever change the propellers?

No prop guards, I have never changed the propellers. The second scene on the concrete bench is after the  gimbal calibration. I used the concrete bench to do all the calibrations again after noticing the first shaky video.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Knapweed Posted at 11-21 00:52
No prop guards, I have never changed the propellers. The second scene on the concrete bench is after the  gimbal calibration. I used the concrete bench to do all the calibrations again after noticing the first shaky video.

In this case, it is recommended to send in the device for further test and evaluation, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket. Our repair center will take care of it.
2019-11-21
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-21 01:20
In this case, it is recommended to send in the device for further test and evaluation, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket. Our repair center will take care of it.

That's a shame, I've grown rather attached to the little feller.

I will contact support.
2019-11-21
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.4
Canada

Knapweed Posted at 11-21 01:27

I will contact support.

Done.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Knapweed Posted at 11-21 01:27

I will contact support.

We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, our repair center will help get it solved.
2019-11-21
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 11-21 23:00
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused, our repair center will help get it solved.

Thanks, Mindy, I do hope so.
2019-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That’s rough, but I’m afraid eventually that would have you pulling your hair out, this is the third one I’ve seen so far .
2019-11-22
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 11-22 05:14
That’s rough, but I’m afraid eventually that would have you pulling your hair out, this is the third one I’ve seen so far .

Thanks, Hallmark007, I've actually seen quite a few more Minis with the same problem on YouTube so I am inclined to believe this is a firmware problem with the gimbal.

Unfortunately, I am having problems seeking clarification with support about the next step, as I don't expect to have to use up one of my 'Refresh' replacements or pay the $40 in order to replace a drone that was faulty out of the box. This was my first flight as my flight logs will demonstrate. It's not just an academic point as the procedure for replacement under 'Refresh' is very different from a replacement under DJI's 'Replacement Policy' that is in operation for the fifteen days following delivery.

In addition, I would rather DJI spend a bit more time identifying what the actual problem is, i.e. whether the problem is firmware or hardware, which I am fully prepared to contribute to. If it can be fixed with an update to the firmware, there is no point in sending it back. If it's hardware then I need to send it back. It's a dilemma for sure.

Here's hoping for some clarity on this subject.

2019-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Knapweed Posted at 11-22 12:21
Thanks, Hallmark007, I've actually seen quite a few more Minis with the same problem on YouTube so I am inclined to believe this is a firmware problem with the gimbal.

Unfortunately, I am having problems seeking clarification with support about the next step, as I don't expect to have to use up one of my 'Refresh' replacements or pay the $40 in order to replace a drone that was faulty out of the box. This was my first flight as my flight logs will demonstrate. It's not just an academic point as the procedure for replacement under 'Refresh' is very different from a replacement under DJI's 'Replacement Policy' that is in operation for the fifteen days following delivery.

Once you’ve raised a case make it very clear you are looking a warranty claim, they may ask when they receive your drone, just make it clear to them.
My advice when you know your drone has arrived back with them contact administrator here dji Mindy explain your case and ask if she can escalate it for you, it can sometimes quicken the whole thing up .

Hopefully you get back soon .
2019-11-22
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 11-22 13:26
Once you’ve raised a case make it very clear you are looking a warranty claim, they may ask when they receive your drone, just make it clear to them.
My advice when you know your drone has arrived back with them contact administrator here dji Mindy explain your case and ask if she can escalate it for you, it can sometimes quicken the whole thing up .

Thanks, mate, that's good advice. I'm just hoping that Mae will call me before the weekend, so we can discuss the unanswered questions I posed. Currently I'm just getting stereo responses that don't cover my queries.

I also received a label from UPS for a 0.1 lb shipping weight. The drone alone weighs five times that so, unless I'm missing something, there will be problems at the UPS drop off point if and when I turn up with my overweight parcel.

Mae hasn't answered the question if the Mini is being returned under 'Refresh' conditions or 'Replacement Policy' conditions. As both sets of conditions are mutually exclusive, I can't even ship anything back until I get an answer. I'm hoping this isn't going to be the start of a nightmare.
2019-11-22
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.4
Canada

Knapweed Posted at 11-22 13:44
Thanks, mate, that's good advice. I'm just hoping that Mae will call me before the weekend, so we can discuss the unanswered questions I posed. Currently I'm just getting stereo responses that don't cover my queries.

I also received a label from UPS for a 0.1 lb shipping weight. The drone alone weighs five times that so, unless I'm missing something, there will be problems at the UPS drop off point if and when I turn up with my overweight parcel.

UPDATE: I just got confirmation this was a return under the 'Replacement Policy', which means I won't have to sacrifice one of my 'Refresh' claims. Thanks, DJI, that's a great solution for me and has put my mind at rest.
2019-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules