Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystalsky
958 13 2019-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Could I ask  if Crystalsky doesn't work with the mini  because it's not 64 bit compatible.
If so an upgrade seems unlikely /uneconomic.
It may be already discontinued - a new version would be great!
2019-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

The crystal sky uses a Rockchip 3288 CPU which is 32bit.  So far the Fly app is only for 64bit CPUs.
2019-11-21
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks for that, wait and see I guess.
2019-11-21
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-21 02:20
The crystal sky uses a Rockchip 3288 CPU which is 32bit.  So far the Fly app is only for 64bit CPUs.

If Crystal Sky is only 32bit then I would be safe to assume that all future drones from DJI will not work on the current Crystal Sky?
2019-11-21
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 11-21 08:09
If Crystal Sky is only 32bit then I would be safe to assume that all future drones from DJI will not work on the current Crystal Sky?

There is that possibility, which is a pity really.
2019-11-21
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 11-21 08:14
There is that possibility, which is a pity really.

Gotta love DJI and their forward thinking on future compatibility.
2019-11-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Reading the replies, seems CrystalSky is a door-stop when it comes to DJI's newest drones.   If true, more money down the drain...   
2019-11-21
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

It's also not available apart from a few old stock, so looks discontinued like spark.
But could be about to be upagraded , - guesswork as often with DJI

Will give up without it.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for posting your inquiry about the DJI Crystal Sky. With regards to the future products. As of now we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-21 15:05
Hi. Thank you for posting your inquiry about the DJI Crystal Sky. With regards to the future products. As of now we don't have any information regarding DJI's future products, please stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media. Thank you for your valued support.

How about DJI provide customers with a Product Roadmap?   

Roadmap that shows future required Specs for Smartdevices and heads up viewers.

Be really benefit for DJI's customers to make informed decisions when buying devices for current and next generation drones.  Versus DJI's customers sinking a thousand dollars into device that only is good for current generation of drone.
2019-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-21 15:38
How about DJI provide customers with a Product Roadmap?   

Roadmap that shows future required Specs for Smartdevices and heads up viewers.

Hi. Thank you for your response. I do understand that you want to be informed about the latest updates and features from DJI. With regards to the DJI's future products and future feature. Our DJI R&D team are continuously testing products and features to ensure that all features and function will work properly  before the release to be sure that this will bring any harm to the said DJI product when in use. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-22
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
United Kingdom

Dear paladin, I would express disappointment over this.

I, wrongly as it turns out, natually expected my crystal sky to work with the mini.
What would it have taken to put out a 32 bit app, or at least advise whether and when that would ever happen?

Auto answers containing no inormation are completely non productive.

2019-11-22
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Surely a 32bit app can be written for the Mini. I didn't buy a Crystalsky to use my phone. This is a deal breaker for me...very disappointing.
2019-11-22
Use props
Forestjim
Captain
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 11-22 17:42
Surely a 32bit app can be written for the Mini. I didn't buy a Crystalsky to use my phone. This is a deal breaker for me...very disappointing.

Here here.... I totally agree with you Hugh.
2019-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules