Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly incompatible with Motorola G6
12196 20 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frggr
New

Czechia

Well, leave it to DJI to have a shocker of a launch.

I bought a Mavic Mini to replace my recently lost Spark while on holidays. It takes a while to arrive, that's OK.

Download the App. Try to install. No dice.

Try to find it on Google Play on my phone, it's not coming up.

Log onto the Play store on my laptop and find the app, only to discover it's incompatible with my less than 6 month old phone.

Are you serious? Why on earth would it be incompatible with a modern Android phone?

2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. As of the moment, the Motorola G6 is not yet optimized with the DJI Fly application. It may work however, we cannot guarantee the stability of the application on the said mobile device since it is not fully tested and not yet optimized with the application. I will highly recommend you using a recommended mobile device listed below for us to avoid any issues and problems. Please note that support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you for your understanding and support!

2019-11-22
Use props
Hawcara
New
Flight distance : 10856 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 08:13
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. As of the moment, the Motorola G6 is not yet optimized with the DJI Fly application. It may work however, we cannot guarantee the stability of the application on the said mobile device since it is not fully tested and not yet optimized with the application. I will highly recommend you using a recommended mobile device listed below for us to avoid any issues and problems. Please note that support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you for your understanding and support!

[view_image]

I have a Motorola G5 excellent phone, but no fly app available for it in playstore. Ordered the mini and very disappointed that have to get rid of a good phone just to fly the Mavic.
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hawcara Posted at 11-22 11:59
I have a Motorola G5 excellent phone, but no fly app available for it in playstore. Ordered the mini and very disappointed that have to get rid of a good phone just to fly the Mavic.

Hi, thank you for your prompt reply. As of the moment, these are the only mobile devices that are compatible with the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly app. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile device to be added on the list of recommended mobile device in the future. Again sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-23
Use props
Berhatz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 16:28
Hi, thank you for your prompt reply. As of the moment, these are the only mobile devices that are compatible with the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly app. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile device to be added on the list of recommended mobile device in the future. Again sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding and support!

Are you kidding? Your support didn’t manage to answer my question about requirements for your awful Fly App! Shame on you DJI !
2019-12-17
Use props
Berhatz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

The same situation!
2019-12-17
Use props
jazzyjeff
Second Officer
United States

Guys, dont feel to bad. They do not even support their own tablet, the Crystal Sky. Oh well, to bad, time to buy another tablet. DJI does not care and its your problem. Their customer support is the worst in the industry.
2019-12-17
Use props
Paqo Bebeto Maryann
New

Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-11-22 08:13
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. As of the moment, the Motorola G6 is not yet optimized with the DJI Fly application. It may work however, we cannot guarantee the stability of the application on the said mobile device since it is not fully tested and not yet optimized with the application. I will highly recommend you using a recommended mobile device listed below for us to avoid any issues and problems. Please note that support for additional devices available as testing and development continues. Thank you for your understanding and support!

[view_image]

Please, solve, motorola g6 is a awesome device
2020-3-30
Use props
djiuser_vX1VSIZJPIht
New

Ireland

Is the Moto g 6 being tested now ?
2020-4-21
Use props
LT.MAVERICK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45830 ft
Belgium

I think the compability list is quite acceptable, but you should do your homework before buying. It's best to check the specs first.
2020-4-22
Use props
jormart
lvl.1

Argentina

I have the same problem with an unlisted LG, I ask: does anyone know if the Dji Fly app works well on the samsung galaxy S10e?
2020-4-28
Use props
Djmabq
lvl.1

United States

Just received the DJI Mavic Air 2 and was extremely excited to get flying just to find out that my Moto g6 in NOT compatible with either the Fly or Go 4 apps! I researched compatibilities noticing that it needs a android 6 or better and the Moto g6 is a android 9 so I thought it would work! Much to my dismay, IT DOES NOT! In fact, not a single motorola is on the list? I am a professional photographer looking to get into the world of aerial photography but now it looks like i'll be returning this useless toy immediately! Very, VERY UNHAPPY!
2020-5-26
Use props
djiuser_IR7rdjZx3YGp
New

Germany

I have also bought a Mavic Mini and did not check compatibility list before. I am using a Motorola Moto G6 (not plus) and the App does not install. Did someone successfully flash Lineage or Pixel Experience Custom ROM? Possibly, the fly app will run under these ROMs.

2020-7-13
Use props
djiuser_O9xKIK7FdiFQ
lvl.1
United States

This is absurd. If it can ONLY be used on certain phones, you need to say that upfront. You say it requires Android 6 and give a list of recommended phones, not a list absolutely required, you're SOL if you don't have, phones.

Requires Android 6.0 or above.
Recommended models:
2020-8-6
Use props
djiuser_uarY2weavGU5
lvl.1

Mexico

All my family have a Motoriola Device... What can we do? return de Drone? Please Fix before Night Christmans! (of 2020)
2020-11-27
Use props
frggr
New

Australia

djiuser_uarY2weavGU5 Posted at 11-27 06:35
All my family have a Motoriola Device... What can we do? return de Drone? Please Fix before Night Christmans! (of 2020)

It does work for newer Motorola Phones. I have a G8 now and it works on that. It just seems that the G6 is a problem because Motorola don't run 64-bit Android, which (for some reason) DJI Fly needs.
2020-11-27
Use props
carl0sg0mez00
lvl.1

Mexico

frggr Posted at 11-27 16:11
It does work for newer Motorola Phones. I have a G8 now and it works on that. It just seems that the G6 is a problem because Motorola don't run 64-bit Android, which (for some reason) DJI Fly needs.

Thanks frggr!
2020-11-29
Use props
bikerwales
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22513 ft
United Kingdom

Oh well what's anoither 150+quid to buy  to buy the latest motorola phone to go with my new mini 2 even though my G6 works fine with everything else (!!!).
Add to this the fact that I had to find and download the APK as it isn't available on the App Store.

I've had 4 DJI drones previously:
One - DOA- and took months to get it returned.
The last one the Mavic Air 2 the IMU and battery failed as I hadn't used them for a few months and now you can't buy the battery or an IMU anywhere.

You should be ashamed of yourself DJI!
2021-11-26
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.4
United States

I was just talking with  someone that was looking at a Mavic Mini 2, which means DJI Fly, they have a Motorola Moto G Power (2020) - I note (2020) since Motorola has released a Moto G Power 2021 with a different CPU by a different manufacture.
I think I'll tell her to install DJI Fly, if it actually installs it may work.. Why isn't DJI Fly in play.Google ?

2021-11-26
Use props
WaterMaster
lvl.4
United States

LT.MAVERICK Posted at 2020-4-22 23:34
I think the compability list is quite acceptable, but you should do your homework before buying. It's best to check the specs first.

Buying anything from DJI without researching the product ends up creating many pet rocks that collect dust, sometimes even with research (Goggles RE) you end up with pet rocks.
2021-11-26
Use props
Devin1955
New
United States

WaterMaster Posted at 2021-11-26 18:15
Buying anything from DJI without researching the product ends up creating many pet rocks that collect dust, sometimes even with research (Goggles RE) you end up with pet rocks.

This is problematic for first time DJI customers. I bought a DJI Mavic Air 2 in part because I *thought* they were the Cadillac of personal drone makers. I too have a Motorola G(6) and now I have to buy a new phone to fly it? I ASSumed that Andriod 9 would be good enough. Silly me. Lesson learned, the hard way.
2022-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules