MAVIC 2 PRO BEST VIDEO SETTINGS
3028 3 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
United States

Hello fellow Drone Pilots!  Just got a new Mavic 2 Pro and have been playing around with the Video settings.  My photos are great but the videos have been kinda dark and gray tint maybe.
Need some help from you guys on what some of the best settings you guys have discovered.  I am filming Coal /strip Mining jobs in Kentucky.  Lots of mountains for the most part.
Any insight concerning this matter will be greatly appreciated.   Here are some of the video settings I am currently using.

1) - Auto For Camera.

2) - 4K Full FOV @ 24fps for Video Size.

3) - Auto for White Balance.
4) - Standard for Style.
5) - DLog-M for Color.
6) - H.265 for Camera Video Coding
7) - JPEG + RAW for Image Format.

NOTE: Should I change Camera to Manual and use the Histogram to adjust while taking video?  And/or play with the Manual settings on the White Balance to see how that works also?

Thank you in Advance!
TCDrone

2019-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This depends a lot on your workflow.
There is no 'best' or 'one size fits all'.

I usually fly on auto and lower the EV compensation to -0.7
That is because I like to focus on the flying and don't take too long shots, so the changes in exposure / white balance are not too much of a problem.
But, if I'm on a real mission to get my best footage, I always shoot full manual and watch the histogram.

For the settings part, I use D-cinelike on my Mavic pro, but there are many people that like to work with D-Log.
That really depends on the rest of your workflow (post processing / color grading etc)
2019-11-22
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
United States

Hello Montfooij!  I don’t really have the time to do post processing.  Should I not be using DLog-m?
Thanks man!
2019-11-22
Use props
Matt Wilson_09
lvl.3

United States

Hi,

since it depends on the specific shooting environment, the best exact values may work excellent with my footages, but it might not proper to yours.

The best solution is to get to know how these settings influence your footages. Here is an ultimate guide on DJI settings: https://www.videoproc.com/dji-video-processing/dji-go-4-manual.htm

It covers the general camera settings, gimble settings, remote controller settings, and other advanced settings in the main controller panel, which I think are all important for aerial photography and filming.

Hope it can help you a little bit.
2020-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules