Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Newbie Questions and Help
1926 7 2014-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cheong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2778799 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi

I have just ordered the P2V+, while waiting can I get the following the advise from you

1. Should I remove the camera for my first few flights ? If yes can show me a video link on how to do that ?
2. If I remove the camera and put I back, is there any things that I should be careful about or carry out after that ?
3. Is that any video link that show the complete steps on how to do / check the firmware update ?
4. Anyone have a colour user manual (ver 1.6) from the DJI website, I have seen older ver with colour but not this version from DJI website
5. Anyone have use the camera ribbon guard from the link below ? any review

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEROGuar ... hash=item4d27db6657

Any advise will be appreciated and thanks
2014-11-15
Use props
cheong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

any advise on the above ?
2014-11-16
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.4

United Kingdom

cheong Posted at 2014-11-16 23:32
any advise on the above ?

If this is your first unit, I would recommend removing the gimbal until your confident at landing and taking off.

Its your choice, but flights need practice and one mistake is $400 for new gimbal or a lot of chin wagging to get DJI to fix it for free.....( maybe...)

Youtube has a lot of info, but its very easy,  4 screws from baseplate and 3 plugs from gimbal....

As for ribbon guards,  don't know...  My Ribbon died and as of yet I still cant get one from DJI.......
2014-11-16
Use props
away-point
lvl.4

United States

You can download the Assistant Software and become familiar with it, without a Phantom connected.  Obviously it won't do anything, and there will be no information from the quad, but at least you can learn the layout.  Not that it's difficult or complicated, but can't hurt.
2014-11-16
Use props
away-point
lvl.4

United States

I don't have a Vision, but if it's easy to remove the gimbal, not a bad idea to fly without it at first.  Just don't be rushed in the removal and reassembly process.  

Biggest tip I think to remember early on is to keep the back of the Phantom facing you, so the controls are most intuitive.   Fly in wide open spaces.  Trees are the enemy!  lol
2014-11-16
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Personally I would not remove the camera, you will lose all the advantages of the Vision app and telemetry.
The Phantom really does fly its self, wait for confirmed GPS lock and fly out in the open.
Take it slow to start with and you will not have any problems.
Reading the manual and following the quick start and pilot training guides is a must...  
2014-11-16
Use props
cheong
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi All,

Thanks for the camera advise, I think I will not take out the camera, any advise for the rest

3. Is that any video link that show the complete steps on how to do / check the firmware update ?
4. Anyone have a colour user manual (ver 1.6) from the DJI website, I have seen older ver with colour but not this version from DJI website
5. Anyone have use the camera ribbon guard from the link below ? any review

The firmware update have 2 major issues, the gimbal and battery, have this been solved or any solutions for this ?
2014-11-16
Use props
adesmond2
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi, just my 2 cents of comments.

1) Nope, you might damage some stuff. It's too high risk unless you are well trained in this kind of stuff.
2) As above.
3) As above,
3) Have to check youtube.
4) Never see manual.
5) Yes, I'm using some other gimbal protector but I'm flying safe to prevent crash.. Thus I do not know if they works or not.
2014-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules