dji fly and ipad mini 3??
6511 6 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cavids
lvl.3
United States

so I have a ipad mini 3 and used it with the old dji go, but the fly app is not showing up.  Anyone know if it will at somepoint or am I stuck?  What android specs do I need I might buy a 7 or 8 inch samsung tablet for this
2019-11-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

At this point best we can
2019-11-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

is check the compatibility list for the fly app on DJI’s website. Tablets are few at this point. There’s a couple threads about that including one I started where some folks posted ones they’ve got to work.
2019-11-22
Use props
Cavids
lvl.3
United States

Well I ordered a samsung tablet, I will needa longer otg cable but I will try tomorrow and post back
2019-11-22
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

For Android you need to have 4Gb or more RAM.

The forum has a lot of topics to discuss the working tablet.

But the main question in the tablet you want to use it by inserting into the existing mount of the remote control, or through a special bracket.
2019-11-22
Use props
miniger
lvl.2
Germany

The iPad Mini 3 does work with DJI Fly, but use the latest iOS (12.xx). It does not support full native resolution.
Mini fits fine.jpg
2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Cavids. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device ( iPad mini 3 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. I would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad mini 3 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic MIni and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2019-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules