Bulging batteries
720 2 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mirage711
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1206969 ft
United States

I contacted DJ a few days ago and they replied immediately I informed them that my battery is all four of them or bulging. I sent them pictures and I also sent them a video proving that they were balls you because they requested a video. According to DJI the warranty only covers 6 months. I informed them I didn't care about their warranty I wanted to know how come four of my four batteries were bulging and I keep reading about more and more people having the same problems and they're not doing anything to fix this but yet I buy a third-party battery on Amazon and it works fantastic without the bulge. They gave me a scientific excuse and a little bit of the runaround. I informed them also that two of my drones fell out of the sky because of the battery falling out of the drone because it was bulging still no replacement for the battery. now they did replace both of my drones that were damaged because I had to refresh plus warranty if not I probably would have lost a drone or two. I wish they had just investigated my battery problem but they can get away with it with such a short warranty I showed warranty you should wonder why why only 6 months maybe they know about this problem and they don't want to fix it anyway I thought I’d let people know out there.
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We're sorry to know about this. To avoid this, we recommend that you discharge the battery to 40% to 65% of its total power and store it in a cool, dry space (at an ambient temperature of 22°C to 28°C) when it is going to be idle for more than 10 days. Check the battery’s power every three months and fully charge and discharge it at least once. Please perform routine maintenance to keep your battery healthy.

You may also check this link for more safety tips and guidelines:
Mavic Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines

Thank you for understanding.
2019-11-23
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have 3 batteries manufactured in Juy 2018. 2 of them started swelling and they only have 30 and 25 charges.  Apparently, the first batch of batteries were bad.  Is DJI going to replace these?

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... in-july-2018.73817/
2019-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules