Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone have a tablet that works with DJI Fly app?
503 15 11-22 20:37
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hamiltom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9613 ft
Canada

I'm looking for a tablet that works and need advice before I buy one.

Please post if you have a tablet that works or if you know one that does.

11-22 20:37
Use props
knguyen9740
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38901 ft
United States

My Samsung tab s5e is working.
11-22 20:40
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21946 ft
Russia

The forum has a lot of topics to discuss the working tablet.

But if you do not take tablets 10 inches, the choice of only 2 models of Android and Ipad mini that can be inserted into the existing mount of the remote, all the rest only through special brackets.
11-22 21:08
Use props
yorkie9668
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5" works great with the DJI Fly App in full screen, but sadly the iPad Mini version is just a ported iPhone version, so you don't get full screen, you can 2X it but it is then poor pixel quality and still not full edge to edge, seriously don't understand DJI's stance on this one as I thought Apple were one of their main sellers.
Maybe they will sort it but I wouldn't hold my breath
11-22 22:16
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day Hamiltom. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what mobile device/tablet they are using to fly there DJI Mavic Mini. Just a friendly reminder that DJI recommends to use a recommended mobile device to operate or fly the DJI Mavic Mini for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

11-23 06:36
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the iPad Pro with 11 inch screen, works fine.. I tried my 8 inch huawei tablet and although I could side load the DJI fly app it would not work..
11-23 07:08
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 11-23 07:08
I use the iPad Pro with 11 inch screen, works fine.. I tried my 8 inch huawei tablet and although I could side load the DJI fly app it would not work..

How is it using the 11" iPad Pro?  I'm torn between it and the iPad Mini 5. Also, are you using the cellular or wifi only iPad?
11-23 07:19
Use props
Tripntx
lvl.2

United States

I've been using Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4"
11-23 10:10
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.2
United States

I just installed DJI Fly on Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Samsung Galaxy TAB S4 - DJI Fly works on both devices but has issues with sensing the phone or tablets position. With the phone or tablet held in landscape position, power button on top, DJI Fly is upside down and flips as you enter the different parts of DJI Fly. It appears the maps flip to the correct position and some other function also flip to the right position, if I flip the phone or tablet so the power switch is down then DJI Fly positions correctly. I don't know of a case or dock that makes you set the phone or tablet ON the power switch, seems like something was missed during product development.... FYI the S4 pogo pins are on the opposite side of the power switch making the power switch side the top of the device.
11-23 11:12
Use props
fliptwister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22516 ft
United States

I've have also been using Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4". It works great with mini and controller (you will need tablet holder and longer cord) .Great tablet with 4gb of ram and 64gb rom (and a micro sd slot). Screen is also 16:10 so very close to 16:9 of mini video so it fills up most the screen.
11-23 16:37
Use props
OkeyDokey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539012 ft
United States

TAB A works to fly but to edit vids the DJI app crashes.
11-23 16:44
Use props
JodyB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9321 ft
United States

OkeyDokey Posted at 11-23 16:44
TAB A works to fly but to edit vids the DJI app crashes.

The app doesn’t even show up on my tab a 10.1” 2019 version. Even tried pulling up another DJI app so I could tap on DJI as a publisher and see all the apps and it doesn’t show up.
11-23 18:27
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.2
Canada

Won't finish installing sideloading the app on SM-T380 Tab A
11-24 04:48
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 3740030 ft
Thailand

Alevpi Posted at 11-22 21:08
The forum has a lot of topics to discuss the working tablet.

But if you do not take tablets 10 inches, the choice of only 2 models of Android and Ipad mini that can be inserted into the existing mount of the remote, all the rest only through special brackets.

A little adjustment, at the brackets, oppens (really ;-) the opyions, here:

I think, the Mini is having the same mechanic
But, on the other hand, there are just a lot of tablet holders
11-24 05:49
Use props
djiuser_sqwT1UeP8O15
lvl.1

United States

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860) works fine with the DJI Fly app. I've been flying the whole day and haven't noticed any issues.
11-24 17:53
Use props
KryptosXLayer2
lvl.1

United States

JodyB Posted at 11-23 18:27
The app doesn’t even show up on my tab a 10.1” 2019 version. Even tried pulling up another DJI app so I could tap on DJI as a publisher and see all the apps and it doesn’t show up.

App shows up in Google Play Store as incompatible, this is NOT okay!  I've tried to sideload it and it won't finish the installation, failing just before the end.  More devices need to be compatible or at least allowed to install and test!
12-3 13:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules