Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anyone have a tablet that works with DJI Fly app?
1234Next >
69960 148 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hamiltom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82927 ft
Canada

I'm looking for a tablet that works and need advice before I buy one.

Please post if you have a tablet that works or if you know one that does.

2019-11-22
Use props
knguyen9740
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38901 ft
United States

My Samsung tab s5e is working.
2019-11-22
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

The forum has a lot of topics to discuss the working tablet.

But if you do not take tablets 10 inches, the choice of only 2 models of Android and Ipad mini that can be inserted into the existing mount of the remote, all the rest only through special brackets.
2019-11-22
Use props
yorkie9668
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268248 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 10.5" works great with the DJI Fly App in full screen, but sadly the iPad Mini version is just a ported iPhone version, so you don't get full screen, you can 2X it but it is then poor pixel quality and still not full edge to edge, seriously don't understand DJI's stance on this one as I thought Apple were one of their main sellers.
Maybe they will sort it but I wouldn't hold my breath
2019-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Hamiltom. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what mobile device/tablet they are using to fly there DJI Mavic Mini. Just a friendly reminder that DJI recommends to use a recommended mobile device to operate or fly the DJI Mavic Mini for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

2019-11-23
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the iPad Pro with 11 inch screen, works fine.. I tried my 8 inch huawei tablet and although I could side load the DJI fly app it would not work..
2019-11-23
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 11-23 07:08
I use the iPad Pro with 11 inch screen, works fine.. I tried my 8 inch huawei tablet and although I could side load the DJI fly app it would not work..

How is it using the 11" iPad Pro?  I'm torn between it and the iPad Mini 5. Also, are you using the cellular or wifi only iPad?
2019-11-23
Use props
Tripntx
lvl.2

United States

I've been using Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4"
2019-11-23
Use props
djiuser_9YDUGHlRbIdD
lvl.3
United States

I just installed DJI Fly on Android Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and Samsung Galaxy TAB S4 - DJI Fly works on both devices but has issues with sensing the phone or tablets position. With the phone or tablet held in landscape position, power button on top, DJI Fly is upside down and flips as you enter the different parts of DJI Fly. It appears the maps flip to the correct position and some other function also flip to the right position, if I flip the phone or tablet so the power switch is down then DJI Fly positions correctly. I don't know of a case or dock that makes you set the phone or tablet ON the power switch, seems like something was missed during product development.... FYI the S4 pogo pins are on the opposite side of the power switch making the power switch side the top of the device.
2019-11-23
Use props
fliptwister
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22516 ft
United States

I've have also been using Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4". It works great with mini and controller (you will need tablet holder and longer cord) .Great tablet with 4gb of ram and 64gb rom (and a micro sd slot). Screen is also 16:10 so very close to 16:9 of mini video so it fills up most the screen.
2019-11-23
Use props
OkeyDokey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539012 ft
United States

TAB A works to fly but to edit vids the DJI app crashes.
2019-11-23
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

OkeyDokey Posted at 11-23 16:44
TAB A works to fly but to edit vids the DJI app crashes.

The app doesn’t even show up on my tab a 10.1” 2019 version. Even tried pulling up another DJI app so I could tap on DJI as a publisher and see all the apps and it doesn’t show up.
2019-11-23
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

Won't finish installing sideloading the app on SM-T380 Tab A
2019-11-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Alevpi Posted at 11-22 21:08
The forum has a lot of topics to discuss the working tablet.

But if you do not take tablets 10 inches, the choice of only 2 models of Android and Ipad mini that can be inserted into the existing mount of the remote, all the rest only through special brackets.

A little adjustment, at the brackets, oppens (really ;-) the options, here:

I think, the Mini is having the same mechanic
But, on the other hand, there are just a lot of tablet holders
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_sqwT1UeP8O15
New

United States

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860) works fine with the DJI Fly app. I've been flying the whole day and haven't noticed any issues.
2019-11-24
Use props
KryptosXLayer2
lvl.1

United States

JodyB Posted at 11-23 18:27
The app doesn’t even show up on my tab a 10.1” 2019 version. Even tried pulling up another DJI app so I could tap on DJI as a publisher and see all the apps and it doesn’t show up.

App shows up in Google Play Store as incompatible, this is NOT okay!  I've tried to sideload it and it won't finish the installation, failing just before the end.  More devices need to be compatible or at least allowed to install and test!
2019-12-3
Use props
Nunook
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft
United States

I purchase a Dragon K10 due to needing a HDMI output to live stream for work. I was disappointed to find it would not load the app “not compatible “. In messing with the tablet I put it in developer mode and turned on USB bedbug and it appears to work fine so far. I did have to download the app from dji site due to not appearing in the app store
2019-12-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Xiaomi Pad4, celluar version.
Great big screen and performance.

cheers
JJB
2019-12-19
Use props
djiuser_WMKvxQLLs7ce
New

United States

Received a Mavic Mini for Christmas. My LG Stylo 4 phone is evidently not compatible with DJI Fly. No idea why… It’s got an 8 core 64 bit processor running Android 9 (Pie). DJI support said they are working on the software and in the interim I should buy a new phone on their approved list. No way I am going to buy a new phone until 5G has rolled out. But am considering purchasing a 7 or 8" tablet. Only tablets I see that DJI lists as compatible are ipads. I already have an iPad air but feel it’s too big. Besides, it is not listed as compatible.

Prefer a tablet that will fit in the controller and not needing a bracket above it. I understand I will have to get a longer cable for it. Saw a good price on a Lenovo E8. Anyone know if that will work? The only function of this tablet will be to use with the drone so don’t want to spend a fortune.  Would prefer to get a 7" Android tablet.  

Will I lose any features by not having a cell phone connection while flying? I guess I could tether the tablet to my incompatible LG Stylo 4 cell phone when flying but that’s just another annoyance. Disappointed I can't find or get a recommendation from DJI.  One thought is to return the Mavic Mini and buy something else. Any other suggestions? Thanks!   
2019-12-28
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Most folks recommend running one's phone in "Airplane Mode" anyhow.  That keeps you from being interrupted by a phone call or text, and eliminates the radio emissions from the phone itself so it won't interfere with the radio signalling to and from the remote control. So I don't see how you lose anything by NOT having a cell phone connection while flying.

So if we can find tablets that are compatible with the DJI Fly app, those tablets do NOT need to have any cell phone or internet connection for things to work fine.  You could also use a phone that does not have any "plan" associated with it.  An old one, perhaps, to dedicate just to flying.  But the phone or tablet will need to be one of the few that is compatible with the DJI Fly app, unfortunately.

You will need an internet-connected device (WiFi is fine) when you're updating firmware or the Fly app.  But that doesn't need to be happening while you're flying, of course!

Now in four or so years, if and when the FAA's proposed new rules go into effect, you WOULD need to have cellular internet connectivity to fly.  But that's a subject already covered in other threads, and is NOT an issue for any of us right now.
2019-12-28
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_WMKvxQLLs7ce Posted at 12-28 20:49
Received a Mavic Mini for Christmas. My LG Stylo 4 phone is evidently not compatible with DJI Fly. No idea why… It’s got an 8 core 64 bit processor running Android 9 (Pie). DJI support said they are working on the software and in the interim I should buy a new phone on their approved list. No way I am going to buy a new phone until 5G has rolled out. But am considering purchasing a 7 or 8" tablet. Only tablets I see that DJI lists as compatible are ipads. I already have an iPad air but feel it’s too big. Besides, it is not listed as compatible.

Prefer a tablet that will fit in the controller and not needing a bracket above it. I understand I will have to get a longer cable for it. Saw a good price on a Lenovo E8. Anyone know if that will work? The only function of this tablet will be to use with the drone so don’t want to spend a fortune.  Would prefer to get a 7" Android tablet.  

I'm using a Ipad Mini 4 and it works well with the DJI Fly app, it's been very stable, so far not a glitch. AC is on firmware version 0.300
2019-12-28
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_WMKvxQLLs7ce Posted at 12-28 20:49
Received a Mavic Mini for Christmas. My LG Stylo 4 phone is evidently not compatible with DJI Fly. No idea why… It’s got an 8 core 64 bit processor running Android 9 (Pie). DJI support said they are working on the software and in the interim I should buy a new phone on their approved list. No way I am going to buy a new phone until 5G has rolled out. But am considering purchasing a 7 or 8" tablet. Only tablets I see that DJI lists as compatible are ipads. I already have an iPad air but feel it’s too big. Besides, it is not listed as compatible.

Prefer a tablet that will fit in the controller and not needing a bracket above it. I understand I will have to get a longer cable for it. Saw a good price on a Lenovo E8. Anyone know if that will work? The only function of this tablet will be to use with the drone so don’t want to spend a fortune.  Would prefer to get a 7" Android tablet.  

Try downloading the App from DJI directly, then sideloading it into the LG Stylo 4.  There is a good chance it will work.  Report back please.
2019-12-29
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

ipad mini 2 and ipad pro 10.2 are working well, just need zoom the screen to fit the display.

https://app.box.com/s/2ok6n0pxbfmvqe8f984hec09z6zv5yo0

Wifi is terrible at close range in a built up area so i'm using the parabolic reflectors.

Confirmed DJI fan boy, Phantom 2(modified), Spark (no.3), Mavic Pro (no.2), Tello, Mavic Mini and Osmo Pocket

2019-12-29
Use props
Andrew Cholvad
lvl.1

Slovakia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-11-23 06:36
Hello and good day Hamiltom. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what mobile device/tablet they are using to fly there DJI Mavic Mini. Just a friendly reminder that DJI recommends to use a recommended mobile device to operate or fly the DJI Mavic Mini for compatibility and reliability purposes. I will be posting the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

dji recomned also s10+ and it do nor work. There is official  Android 10 not beta version. Also other phones works with dji fly and dji do not recomend it. therefore dji advice are not useless.
2020-1-5
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using an iPad 5 and it works well.
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_7RpssnecsLkP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22349 ft
Canada

Hello everyone,

I'm a rooky, I buy a Mavic mini but my Tablet can't run the app,

is anyone try DJI FLY on this tablet,

Vankyo MatrixPad Z4 10.1 inch Tablet, Android 9.0 Pie, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB Storage, 8MP Rear Camera,Quad-Core Processor, IPS HD Display, Wi-Fi, BT 4.0

Thank you for all reply
2020-1-27
Use props
fans371eb877
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236 ft
Canada

djiuser_7RpssnecsLkP Posted at 1-27 20:22
Hello everyone,

I'm a rooky, I buy a Mavic mini but my Tablet can't run the app,

From my research... Android OS has to be 64 bit and seems like you need at least 4GB Ram (for tablet) .

I bought a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (T510 2019 edition) and it is 64 bit but only has 2GB Ram. Doesn't install.
2020-1-28
Use props
Ethan Tan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1533783 ft
Malaysia

Samsung Galaxy TAb A 8.0 with S Pen (SM-P205) 2019.
2020-2-2
Use props
fans15d4fe1d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

ONN 8 from Walmart works perfectly 65$
2020-2-2
Use props
djiuser_HkJSdf9RP2tr
New

United Kingdom

Tripntx Posted at 2019-11-23 10:10
I've been using Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4"

Does the 8 inch media pad have an inbuilt compass? I know it will work without but I'm struggling to find a smaller tablet with the compass sensor
2020-2-2
Use props
Ethan Tan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1533783 ft
Malaysia

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 with S Pen 2019 (SM-P205) works.
2020-2-15
Use props
Just Bill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9974 ft
United States

I have an older ipad air, the first edition.  Works well and I see that they are pretty cheap on amazon as they are older tech.  Nice to have a bigger screen for my older eyes.
2020-2-15
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37536 ft
United States

Huawei Matepad Pro 10.8" .  Works as dual display-control with Huawei phones
IMG_20200113_131619.jpg
IMG_20200205_115727555~2.jpg
2020-2-16
Use props
fans15d4fe1d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Axotopia Posted at 2-16 22:26
Huawei Matepad Pro 10.8" .  Works as dual display-control with Huawei phones

Dual display is very nice. Is this specific to Huawei or can it be done with simple screen mirror on other android devices..?
2020-2-17
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-11-23 06:36

[view_image]

The list for iOS devices as submitted to Apple  by the DJI developer team is much larger then your list.
2020-2-17
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

List of comparable iOS devices as submitted by DJI iOS software developers.

2020-2-17
Use props
fansf5dee8d4
New

United States

JodyB Posted at 2019-11-23 18:27
The app doesn’t even show up on my tab a 10.1” 2019 version. Even tried pulling up another DJI app so I could tap on DJI as a publisher and see all the apps and it doesn’t show up.

I have a Samsung tab a.  Has this issue been fixed?   
2020-2-18
Use props
velihukka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6421 ft
Finland

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Tab M10 HD, which works.
2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BobWinNV Posted at 2-17 17:52
The list for iOS devices as submitted to Apple  by the DJI developer team is much larger then your list.

Thank you for the information you have shared and thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-18
Use props
Axotopia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37536 ft
United States

fans15d4fe1d Posted at 2-17 03:24
Dual display is very nice. Is this specific to Huawei or can it be done with simple screen mirror on other android devices..?
Works on Honor/Huawei phones that has Android 10 paired with the MatePad Pro or late 2018-present Huawei/Honor notebooks.  My speculation is the M6 tablet will likely be able to do it once it they roll out EMUI 10 firmware update.

Not sure if Samsung or Apple has similar features at this point, but would not be surprised if they add similar features this year or next.

Here's more details:
https://www.reddit.com/r/drones/comments/f2duhh/dual_operator_displaycontrol_for_any_drone_trick/

2020-2-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules