Anyone have a tablet that works with DJI Fly app?
1234Next >
70021 148 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-18 12:16
Thank you for the information you have shared and thank you for your valued support.

I always thought that DJI always fills in the lists of compatible devices with its software...
And by the way, iPad mini is not fully compatible, as I gave an example in the post The main DJI Fly problems that need to be fixed on the iPad, DJI Fly does not work in full screen mode, only with a 2-fold increase in the built-in OS tools!
2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alevpi Posted at 2-19 01:37
I always thought that DJI always fills in the lists of compatible devices with its software...
And by the way, iPad mini is not fully compatible, as I gave an example in the post The main DJI Fly problems that need to be fixed on the iPad, DJI Fly does not work in full screen mode, only with a 2-fold increase in the built-in OS tools!

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for the additional information. With regards to the iPad it is not listed on the compatible device list. The said mobile device may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility when used with the DJI Fly application and DJI Mavic Mini. For the updates on the recommended mobile device list. I do apologize that I don't have the information, when the compatible device list will be updated. Rest assured that our DJI R&D are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the future. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-2-19
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2019-11-24 05:49
A little adjustment, at the brackets, oppens (really ;-) the opyions, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHY7KD8YFuk

Off to the store to get a Dremel!

Thanks for sharing. Mini controller is not exactly the same but it's close enough that this should work.

Cheers!
=C=
2020-2-19
Use props
wricks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39783 ft
United States

Another vote for the iPad Mini 4.  Fits either in the controller on above with bracket.
2020-2-20
Use props
fans8ab8fe03
lvl.4
Canada

Works great on my iPad Mini 2 with WIFI/Cellular 128GB (even though it is not listed in compatible devices list).
2020-2-21
Use props
fans4f8a6ca0
New

United Kingdom

I've just installed it on the samsung tab s2 the revised t813 9.7" screen and has seemed to install fine, I've logged into my account fine but not tried connecting the mini yet, I dont see any problem though as the app seems to run fine and is full screen.
Not an expensive tablet I just got mine from CEX £125
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_U3qLZjzuponk
New

Australia

djiuser_sqwT1UeP8O15 Posted at 2019-11-24 17:53
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860) works fine with the DJI Fly app. I've been flying the whole day and haven't noticed any issues.

Hi,  are you still successfully using your S6 SM T860 with DJI FLY and the Mavic Mini?
I would love to know if they are actually compatible before i buy the tablet.  
I already bought the drone without doing my homework..
Thanks
2020-4-23
Use props
disarmm
New

United States

I just setup a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8.0", 2019) on android 9.0+ using the apkpure app HTTPS //apkpure.com/apkpure-app.html and their XAPK package HTTPS //apkpure.com/dji-fly/dji.go.v5/download and the app works great. video is smooth, no issues so far. It told me in the app store it wasn't compatible and i bought this tablet just for flying my drone, so i was annoyed at first. Hope this helps someone else looking for the same info.
2020-4-23
Use props
JTrottaNY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32795 ft
United States

When I purchased my new mini I had all intentions of using the LG V410 tablet that is sitting idle in a spare bedroom. Unfortunately, I soon realized that it was not at Android 6.0 and would not run the DJI Fly app. Thank to everyone on here (and several other sites) that offered tablet suggestions. After hours of research, spec comparison and price shopping for various LG, Samsung, Dragon Touch, Nvidia etc models I came across the (newer) Lenovo M8 FHD, which seems to have all the specs to make a great drone tablet; Android 9, 2.3 GHz processor, 3GB RAM, GPS, solid display and expandable memory. At $127 brand new, I'm thinking it's a winner- hoping that someone doesn't point out a glaring deficiency that I missed...
2020-4-24
Use props
fans3fdda8ec
New

United States

Nunook Posted at 2019-12-19 06:34
I purchase a Dragon K10 due to needing a HDMI output to live stream for work. I was disappointed to find it would not load the app “not compatible “. In messing with the tablet I put it in developer mode and turned on USB bedbug and it appears to work fine so far. I did have to download the app from dji site due to not appearing in the app store

Hello, I recently ordered a Dragon K10 from Amazon for $100 and I am to receive it today, so im  online making sure it should work and I ran across your post. So when I get it, it will say incompatible, but do what you did and it should work? Were exactly do I get the app from the DJI website? I do not see it yet? Also since you posted, have you had any issues so far? If it does not work, this will be the 3rd tablet that I have purchased that wont work, my first 10inch though and hopefully the last tab that I buy. .I have a Samsung A20 phone I'm currently using but recently it has started to over heat and the phone shuts the app off due to overheating, a few times I was out in the sun, but recently, I've been in the shade. I do have almost no memory left on my phone also. It seems to me that I need every app on my phone I have no app I can delete, so now I hope to have a 10inch dedicated tablet for my Mavic Air 2.
2020-6-9
Use props
Brad78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 782129 ft
United States

This tablet works perfect with the Mavic Air 2 and works with the short cable with my homemade mount.

ASUS ZenPad Z8s (P00J) 7.9" w/Super-IPS LCD Display - 16GB Wi-Fi + Verizon 4G LTE
Tablet PC - Slate Gray

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZS3S1HX?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

1st Choice Pack of 2 Over-The-Door Hook, White, W

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TR5QSFA?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

0601201625b.jpg
0601201625a.jpg
0601201625.jpg
0601201606.jpg
0601201609a.jpg
0601201612.jpg
2020-6-10
Use props
IG-daVelostern
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24715 ft
Canada

Brad78 Posted at 6-10 16:22
This tablet works perfect with the Mavic Air 2 and works with the short cable with my homemade mount.

ASUS ZenPad Z8s (P00J) 7.9" w/Super-IPS LCD Display - 16GB Wi-Fi + Verizon 4G LTE

Or you can just get any tablet mount holder. like this random 20$ one and save yourself the headache of doing it yourself. But good on ya for being creative.

https://www.amazon.com/Skyreat-Foldable-Aluminum-Alloy-Accessories-Controller/dp/B01N7RFDBA/ref=sr_1_20_sspa?crid=I3DN0OKF0R8H&dchild=1&keywords=drone+tablet+holder&qid=1591909086&sprefix=drone+tablet+%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-20-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFQU0JVTlJMR0o3V08mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3ODk4OTAzMERaNTQzTlRTUzRMJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwOTMyMTMxUldIUEIwOExIV05QJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfbXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
2020-6-11
Use props
pitzer
lvl.1

United States

disarmm Posted at 4-23 17:20
I just setup a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8.0", 2019) on android 9.0+ using the apkpure app HTTPS //apkpure.com/apkpure-app.html and their XAPK package HTTPS //apkpure.com/dji-fly/dji.go.v5/download and the app works great. video is smooth, no issues so far. It told me in the app store it wasn't compatible and i bought this tablet just for flying my drone, so i was annoyed at first. Hope this helps someone else looking for the same info.

I was hoping that this was the solution, but sadly, installation failed.  Tried it a number of times.  I have 16GB internal mem and 64 SD card.  Tab A
2020-6-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

pitzer@williampitzer.com Posted at 6-24 16:52
I was hoping that this was the solution, but sadly, installation failed.  Tried it a number of times.  I have 16GB internal mem and 64 SD card.  Tab A

I forget how many times I have posted this....but here it is again. Just knowing it is a Tab A is not enough information. There are several Tab A sub models and some work and others do not. All I can tell you is that my Tab A model SM-T290 works for the Mini but not well for the MA2, even though both use the Fly app. Unfortunately the SM-T290 does not have an internal compass and that will limit the display features of the remote. I would not get one if there is any likelihood you will want to use it on an MA2 later.
2020-6-24
Use props
pitzer
lvl.1

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 6-24 18:56
I forget how many times I have posted this....but here it is again. Just knowing it is a Tab A is not enough information. There are several Tab A sub models and some work and others do not. All I can tell you is that my Tab A model SM-T290 works for the Mini but not well for the MA2, even though both use the Fly app. Unfortunately the SM-T290 does not have an internal compass and that will limit the display features of the remote. I would not get one if there is any likelihood you will want to use it on an MA2 later.

My tab is T580.  I'm thinking that DJI is just another Chinese company selling crap to stupid Americans and the world.  We have been seduced with cheap crap until 75% of our RX is coming from them.  How damn stupid can we get?
2020-6-26
Use props
djiuser_tRIrq6j14ic8
New

United States

I just picked up a Lenovo M8 FHD. It’s an 8” tablet. Downloaded and runs the Fly app straight from the Playstore.
2020-6-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

pitzer@williampitzer.com Posted at 6-26 15:33
My tab is T580.  I'm thinking that DJI is just another Chinese company selling crap to stupid Americans and the world.  We have been seduced with cheap crap until 75% of our RX is coming from them.  How damn stupid can we get?

DJI does not say that any model of Samsung Tab A tablets will work. If you get lucky and have one that does, good for you. But don't blame them for telling you they can't guarantee that.
2020-6-26
Use props
floridapete
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45115 ft
United States

I'm using an 8" tablet from Walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-8-Android-Tablet-16GB-Storage-2GB-RAM-1-3-GHz-Quad-Core-Processor-LCD-Display/985413352

with an 8" cable from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CKW6RYD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mavicpilots-20

DJI Fly is working well and the tablet just fits into the RC holders. The longer cable is not stretched at all and fits inside the Flymore case while still connected to the RC with no stress on the mini USB connector.

For transport, the tablet is smaller than the case so a rubber band will hold it well. Thinking of adding a waterproof pocket to the outside of the case to hold the tablet better.

The Walmart ONN 7 inch tablet does not work as it's running 32 bit Android

ONN8 RC

ONN8 RC
2020-6-26
Use props
pitzer
lvl.1

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 6-26 18:22
DJI does not say that any model of Samsung Tab A tablets will work. If you get lucky and have one that does, good for you. But don't blame them for telling you they can't guarantee that.

You would expect any tablet to work that meets the criteria.
2020-6-27
Use props
pitzer
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_tRIrq6j14ic8 Posted at 6-26 16:44
I just picked up a Lenovo M8 FHD. It’s an 8” tablet. Downloaded and runs the Fly app straight from the Playstore.

That tablet only has 1GB of ram, I thought that it needed 4GB?
2020-6-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

pitzer@williampitzer.com Posted at 6-27 12:12
You would expect any tablet to work that meets the criteria.

Well, no I would not expect that. You have to remember that the tablets were not designed with this type of use in mind.
2020-6-27
Use props
hyperspace
lvl.1

Belgium

Looking for a compatible 7" or 8” android tablet with hdmi port for use with Mavic Mini. Anyone a recommendation?
2020-6-28
Use props
Keith S.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14824245 ft
United States

I use an iPad generation7 10.2 . Works great Also used a Samsung galaxy’s that I really liked because when viewing the cached video you can zoom in while playing the video as well as when paused. So far, I’ve been unable to zoom while in play video with I pad...
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_fWnm15REJJ7X
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16736 ft
Puerto Rico

I have mavic mini for 4 month and I have a tablet Apple mini4 works greats .
2020-6-30
Use props
ChriPop
lvl.1

United States

So, I was using my iPad Pro as well as my iPad Mini 4 and things were working great...until I downloaded the latest version of the DJI Fly app AND the latest iOS from Apple.  I should have known better than to download both updates on the same day.  So I am not sure which is the problem.  But I can no longer do video editing on either iPad.  I can still edit videos on my iPhone.  But would really prefer to still be able to use my iPads for video editing.  

Anyone else seeing this?

Is DJI planning to address these issues in a subsequent firmware update?  

Please help!  
2020-7-1
Use props
TomAir9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314144 ft
United States

Yes, the Apple iPad Mini 4 works.  I bought one in A1 condition at ebay for $285.
2020-7-15
Use props
DJRobNM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27113 ft
United States

floridapete Posted at 6-26 20:13
I'm using an 8" tablet from Walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-8-Android-Tablet-16GB-Storage-2GB-RAM-1-3-GHz-Quad-Core-Processor-LCD-Display/985413352

with an 8" cable from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CKW6RYD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=mavicpilots-20

Thanks!

I ordered the 8 and the 10.1 so I can see which one is better.  Worried the 10.1 might be too heavy.

7 tablets over here and none of them worked!

2020-7-30
Use props
CatsFPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51493 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 6-24 18:56
I forget how many times I have posted this....but here it is again. Just knowing it is a Tab A is not enough information. There are several Tab A sub models and some work and others do not. All I can tell you is that my Tab A model SM-T290 works for the Mini but not well for the MA2, even though both use the Fly app. Unfortunately the SM-T290 does not have an internal compass and that will limit the display features of the remote. I would not get one if there is any likelihood you will want to use it on an MA2 later.

Interesting. I didn't find this thread until today; last week I got the same SM-T290 from Costco primarily for using with the Mavic Mini. Everything "works", but it takes the thing anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds (after the Mini connects to the controller) to display the camera feed, and I'm seeing severe latency problems, as well as very slow reaction time of the camera to changing light/dark conditions. None of this happens with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+), so I'm returning the tablet because I'd rather have an image I can count on than one that's bigger and slower.
2020-7-31
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CatsFPV Posted at 7-31 19:52
Interesting. I didn't find this thread until today; last week I got the same SM-T290 from Costco primarily for using with the Mavic Mini. Everything "works", but it takes the thing anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds (after the Mini connects to the controller) to display the camera feed, and I'm seeing severe latency problems, as well as very slow reaction time of the camera to changing light/dark conditions. None of this happens with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+), so I'm returning the tablet because I'd rather have an image I can count on than one that's bigger and slower.

That's not right. I see none of those problems with my minis. Are you using a tablet with phone hardware or WIFi only? Are you using airplane mode?
2020-7-31
Use props
CatsFPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51493 ft
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 7-31 20:19
That's not right. I see none of those problems with my minis. Are you using a tablet with phone hardware or WIFi only? Are you using airplane mode?

It's a WiFi tablet with WiFi turned off.
2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_q9ayyZ7wVy9h
New
Flight distance : 29790 ft
Australia

Im using a Lenovo M8  8" Tablet Android 9.0 & Dji Fly App
Mavic Mini & Sandisk Extreme 64GB MicroSDXC Card,
No problems so far.
2020-8-1
Use props
RedHawk420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

iPad mini works great
2020-8-1
Use props
scs3325
lvl.1

United States

My Samsung 2019 A tablet works with a special holding bracket
2020-8-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CatsFPV Posted at 8-1 00:10
It's a WiFi tablet with WiFi turned off.

I never have turned off the WiFi, but I don't see how it would matter anyway.

Just to be clear, I do NOT recommend the use of a Samsung Tab A model SM-T290 for purchase because it has no internal magnetic sensor (compass). There are plenty of others with the sensor that will work.

2020-8-2
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Alevpi Posted at 2-19 01:37
And by the way, iPad mini is not fully compatible, as I gave an example in the post The main DJI Fly problems that need to be fixed on the iPad, DJI Fly does not work in full screen mode, only with a 2-fold increase in the built-in OS tools!

Can you please specify What version of iPad Mini and iOS version?
My iPad Mini 4 on Latest iOS works perfectly.
2020-8-3
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

bjr981s Posted at 8-3 00:28
Can you please specify What version of iPad Mini and iOS version?
My iPad Mini 4 on Latest iOS works perfectly.

Features of the work were corrected in one of the latest versions of DJI Fly.
2020-8-3
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Alevpi Posted at 8-3 19:02
Features of the work were corrected in one of the latest versions of DJI Fly.

I see,

From your description it looked like you were running an iPhone version on an iPad.

So you have no issues now?
2020-8-6
Use props
EricGrand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8337 ft
France

I'm using a Teclast P80 Pro 3/32. Cheap tablet from Aliexpress with GPS and HDMI out. Around 80€ shipped to France and working well so far.
2020-8-6
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

bjr981s Posted at 8-6 07:44
I see,

From your description it looked like you were running an iPhone version on an iPad.

I had an iPad mini 5 with iOs 13.3, now everything works fine.
2020-8-6
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Alevpi Posted at 8-6 17:23
I had an iPad mini 5 with iOs 13.3, now everything works fine.

Thats good.

You may want to think about editing you post and updating that all has been corrected.

Cheers
2020-8-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules