Mavic Mini Stuttering Video
4322 13 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rZySMICu85GG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5433 ft
United States

I am a new drone owner and I noticed some stuttering of the video that I took after I downloaded the videos after my first flight.  I olny happens when I pan the drone quickly left or right.  I am using a U1 Lexar 633x sd card that's 4 years old.  Other than that the drone is perfect.  Do you think I need a new U3 sd card?  I was thinking that the old card is not fast enough although it's one of the recommended sd cards on the list for the Mavic Mini.

Thanks
2019-11-22
Use props
djiuser_rZySMICu85GG
lvl.3
United States

I was recording at 2.7K, 30 fps.  I only noticed stuttering during quick movements of the drone/camera.
2019-11-22
Use props
Elias22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105180 ft
Finland

Can you share some video of it happening?
2019-11-22
Use props
B-man=)
lvl.3
United States

I might have used the cached videos instead from the sd.  I will try again tomorrow and see if it happens again, I will post a video.
2019-11-22
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

are you editing on a mac using imovie ?   There is a known issue with DJI 30fps footage and imovie.   

Also do you only see it after it’s been edited but straight off the card it’s fine?
2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the videos you have filmed using your DJI Mavic Mini. Are you able to use a different suggested SD Card to see if the issue will still persists. For reference I will be posting the list of suggested SD cards for the DJI Mavic Mini. In addition are you able to please post a sample video of the said issue for us to see and assists you further. Thank you.

2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please send us a video sample showing the problem and it must came from SD card. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-11-23
Use props
djiuser_13V6qx40YvOM
New
Flight distance : 61198 ft
Australia

Hi there, I have a similar issue. I uploaded one of the samples on youtube for you to have a look. I don't know why it says I don't have permission to share link, but if you need the link then try below by removing spaces -

h t t p s : / / y o u t u . b e / r A I A w 0 0 e R C k

I used the recommended SanDisk Extreme card recommended for 4k recording, but since Mavic Mini is 2.7k, it shouldn't be an issue. I have used the same card in Go Pro and shot in 4k but haven't seen any sutter there so probably it is not a card issue.

My Mavic Mini's firmware is upgraded to the latest version as well.

I have many more videos with sutter and can upload if you need.
Thanks
2020-2-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

When you see 'stuttering', it will be due to either the playback app or the hardware of your computer being to slow for the job. It is NEVER the speed of the SD cad, as the process of recording to an SD card can NEVER drop frames, it is a continuous MPEG stream file, and it either keeps up with the process, or it stops completely.
2020-2-17
Use props
-Hellsing-
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175738 ft
Belarus

Very often, shooting video in 2.7 30 / 25fps or 1080p stuttering. How can this be fixed? I use the recommended microSD card (SanDisk Extreme SDSQXAF-032G-GN6MA) and good hardware PC/Smartphone, video shutting even on iphone 11 pro max.
I attached a link to the video below, please download and watch it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5yzr8j02za197m/org_86d17b87799adf20_1581771224000.mp4?dl=0
2020-2-18
Use props
djiuser_iVC05n5eyk6Z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17418 ft
United States

Hi, was there ever a fix for this? I have similar issues. The video stutters more during pans but also occasionally on fast moving objects like cars.
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_tSaMdptYIhCU
New
Flight distance : 51204 ft
Turkey

I have the same problem. Video is sttutering at 2.7k captures (especially yaw turnings). This is annoying . Also %100 not involved with read write speed of sd card.
2020-3-26
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Try going frame by frame on your PLAYBACK device. It is likely a playback machine issue, not a recording problem.

Not dropping any frame doesn't ensures you have a smooth playback. It can happen from time to time that frames are presented sooner or later in their relative timeframe, that can also give a perception of stuttering.

For what I could see 1080 is more hardware accelerated than 4K in my machine. But I am not on fresh hardware and my system isn't up to date.
2020-3-26
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Really would need to see your video clip. Don't think its the sd card. either playback on a crappy computer, or. like in my latest video, you're too far out.
We really need more info like ,
how far out were you flying?
did you have plenty of satellites?
Anything like this?
2020-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules