1145 8 2019-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I read in the forum that mavic mini may have the ambarella H22 which can 4K60p!
I understand that Dji will not sell 4k for 399.- dollar but when somebody will have 4K he must buy the Air for double amount.

So it would be perhaps a possibility for dji AND the customers to unlock 4k at mavic mini via software  ..against money...

I think many customers would be glad to have a mavic mini with 4K and will pay for it some more dollars.
Could be a new 'solution' for both.

2019-11-22
Use props
nerkaid
lvl.1
Spain

The Ambarella chip is not all, there are many factors like the camera sensor, bus bandwith between both, temperatures when recording to 4K on both component (the Mavic Mini have not fans, so the dissipation is passive), etc.
2019-11-23
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

it wouldn’t surprise me if the chip could do 4K, but if the mavic mini did all the thinks people wanted it to do, then who would by the Air.  They are just protecting their profit.  I can’t blame them for that and i’m happy with the upgrades I got coming from the spark.

I was tempted by the Air as it literally has everything I want, but it’s twice the price of the mini.
2019-11-23
Use props
Gu5s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 284728 ft
Czechia

Honestly, editing a 4k footage on average computer (not a powerful workstation) Is a chore. 2.7k will be good enough for most people interested in "entry-level" drones, I'd even say, that working with 4k files would worsen UX for BFUs (IMO).
2019-11-23
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Will 4K in the Mavic mini Platinum
2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Heavenone. Thank you for sharing these information with us and for giving us your insight with regards to this matter.I will forward this thread/information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-23
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-23 06:49
Hello and good day Heavenone. Thank you for sharing these information with us and for giving us your insight with regards to this matter.I will forward this thread/information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you very much! Dji Stephen!
Time ago i proposed to the service line:
What would also  be a very great thing:
a new mavic air with the osmo pocket cam (osmo pocket is fantastic)
Ocusync and longer flight time...results another perfect new drone.
2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Heavenone Posted at 11-23 08:02
Thank you very much! Dji Stephen!
Time ago i proposed to the service line:
What would also  be a very great thing:

You are very much welcome Heavenone. I am very glad to help. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2019-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Probably won't happen.
For the obvious reason.
They need 'us' to have a 'need' to buy a more expensive brother.
But, 2.7K is more than enough for this plastic lens.
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules