4k shutter speed
1021 5 2015-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoDrone.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45928 ft
Malta

Doing something wrong, what settings are you guys using? auto white balance? landscape? colour?

2015-6-11
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

To be honest I've only ever recorded video using default settings (in LOG mode).  All I can suggest is in order to reduce the "stuttering" in the video when panning is to slow the panning speed down.  Slower is better.  Shutter speed can't really be reduced unless you can attach an ND filter to the lens, otherwise it would be overexposed in bright conditions.
2015-6-11
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

What's the problem? The stuttering water at the end of the shot is a limitation of the P3P. The compression is very poor.
2015-6-11
Use props
GoDrone.me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45928 ft
Malta

Indeed the stuttering of the rocks during the panning, really didn't think I was going that fast.
2015-6-11
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Yes slower movements help
2015-6-12
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

GoDrone.me Posted at 2015-6-12 13:28
Indeed the stuttering of the rocks during the panning, really didn't think I was going that fast.

In addition to the P3P I also have a Blade 350 QX3. I initially bought it without a camera (in the BNF mode it came with a fixed mount for a GoPro) but quickly became disillusioned with the lack of stability in the video. If you can shoot long stretches without too much agility by the quad, it's not too bad. Otherwise, it's virtually unusable. So I ultimately broke down and bought the CG02 camera/gimbal.

Just prior to that decision, I had ordered and received my P3P. I was disappointed that I just couldn't seem to rotate/turn slowly enough that the panning was herky-jerky or just too fast. I was lamenting the purchase of the CG02 by then. I figured if the P3P was like it was, the Blade would be even worse. Lo and behold, it isn't!

Using the same slow, careful movements I used with the P3P, I shot some test video with the Blade and CG02 combo - wow! It was very watchable, pretty smooth if I dare say so. The CG02 doesn't have any settings. Everything is preset, auto, etc. You have to have a small mobile app to run the shutter - you can interrupt the video with a still and immediately continue the video. Other than that, you can start/stop the camera and remotely control the camera tilt. So, for the true pro (or the serious amateur) there's nothing to adjust, so there's darn little flexibility.

Maybe there's still just too much light getting into the camera. Eventually, when the ND filters become widely available and I can alter a few more settings on the camera - maybe some of that non-smoothness can be alleviated. If I move any slower, the snails will pass me by!
2015-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules