1234Next >
28112 139 2019-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1126345 ft
Italy

hi all my remote control of the mavic mini makes a constant beep, I try to calibrate the controller the beep disappears, if I turn off and on again the controller the beep returns and I have to calibrate again, maybe I'm wrong to calibrate the controller?
2019-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. When calibrating the controller please make sure that: You need to calibrate the RC away from any metal objects also while moving the sticks you need also to move the wheel on the controller (gimbal dial) for us to make sure that the calibration will perfectly completed. If the problem persists, kindly please send us a video showing the problem for us to further isolate this concern of yours. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2019-11-23
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 11:28
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. When calibrating the controller please make sure that: You need to calibrate the RC away from any metal objects also while moving the sticks you need also to move the wheel on the controller (gimbal dial) for us to make sure that the calibration will perfectly completed. If the problem persists, kindly please send us a video showing the problem for us to further isolate this concern of yours. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I tried several times to calibrate but it remains so, exceeding 6%, how can I do?  thanks
Screenshot_20191123-203744.png
2019-11-23
Use props
aru
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there, I also got this problem on my remote control. I have the mavic mini for 2 days now.
Its exact the same behavior.
2019-11-23
Use props
aru
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there, I also got this problem on my remote control. I have the mavic mini for 2 days now.
2019-11-23
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

aru Posted at 11-23 11:52

what should you do?  it's a controller or firmware problem, I just bought it and I couldn't even try it
2019-11-23
Use props
aru
lvl.1
Germany

creazionivideo Posted at 11-23 12:01
what should you do?  it's a controller or firmware problem, I just bought it and I couldn't even try it

I have read that this problem has already occurred with the previous Mavic models. Its a hardware problem with the Potentiometer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentiometer). I guess we have to sent the Remote Control in -.-
That's a real impudence....
2019-11-23
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

aru Posted at 11-23 12:05
I have read that this problem has already occurred with the previous Mavic models. Its a hardware problem with the Potentiometer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentiometer). I guess we have to sent the Remote Control in -.-
That's a real impudence....

but then what is the purpose of calibration ?, I don't understand
2019-11-23
Use props
aru
lvl.1
Germany

creazionivideo Posted at 11-23 12:10
but then what is the purpose of calibration ?, I don't understand

it seems that the calibration only lasts as long as you don't switch off the device..
Not sure.
Maybe @DJI Gamora can tell us..
2019-11-23
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-23 11:28

thanks dji Gamora, I look forward to your evaluation, if you send my product as a guarantee, thank you
2019-11-23
Use props
Lieronet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 809948 ft
Slovakia

Hello, I experienced the same problem too. It was working fine before , but a day ago it started beeping when turned on. Calibrating only helps for one session, after turning of and on the remote again it beeps again. Super annoying. When calibrating the sticks the left one is rock solid , always 0,0 on both axis, but the right one twitches, and jumps, and has a shift about 3 to 6 degrees on each axis. Any permanent resolution? faulty calibration? fw update? already tried to flash the remote with DJI Assistant twice, didn't help .
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111247 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, just had the same annoying problem with controller constantly beeping. I re calibrated the controller about 5 times, in quick succession and it seemed to cure the problems.
Switched it off for a couple of minutes, then was able to fly ok.
Not saying it’s going to cure the problem, mate DJI will come up with a fix.
Cheers graham.
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, just tried my controller after it was off for an hour and it’s constantly beeping again.
I’ve only had the mini for 10 days and it’s a problem I and others could really do without.
Come on dji, sort this out please asap.

Graham.
2019-11-24
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk Posted at 11-24 09:41
Hi, just tried my controller after it was off for an hour and it’s constantly beeping again.
I’ve only had the mini for 10 days and it’s a problem I and others could really do without.
Come on dji, sort this out please asap.

but there is no firmware update to solve the problem?  it's a pain to send the drone back to you
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

creazionivideo Posted at 11-24 09:59
but there is no firmware update to solve the problem?  it's a pain to send the drone back to you

Hi, have you been advised by DJI to return your drone?
I’m not sure of the last sentence in your reply?

Cheers graham
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

creazionivideo Posted at 11-24 09:59

Cheers graham
2019-11-24
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk Posted at 11-24 10:31

hello tomorrow I will call the dji, I hope they are fast here in Italy
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

creazionivideo Posted at 11-24 10:55
hello tomorrow I will call the dji, I hope they are fast here in Italy

2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk Posted at 11-24 11:23

Look forward to hearing from you.
Ta, graham.
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

creazionivideo Posted at 11-23 11:42
I tried several times to calibrate but it remains so, exceeding 6%, how can I do?  thanks

Hi, thank you for the additional information. Can you please clarify if this issue will still persist even you connect your RC to your aircraft and perform the RC calibration? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2019-11-24
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

Oh man this issue was brought up from mavic air to mavic mini now...I got my mavic air controller replaced the hardware. I thought hardware was improved for the new product.
2019-11-24
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

hello but you can't calibrate the RC if the drone is on, you can only do it with the drone turned off
2019-11-24
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-24 15:57
Hi, thank you for the additional information. Can you please clarify if this issue will still persist even you connect your RC to your aircraft and perform the RC calibration? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

hello but you can't calibrate the RC if the drone is on, you can only do it with the drone turned off
2019-11-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you get the controller wet or water in the sticks. The issue is when the sticks are not properly centered. Wiggle the sticks about a lot and then see if the issue goes away
2019-11-24
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-24 23:08
Did you get the controller wet or water in the sticks. The issue is when the sticks are not properly centered. Wiggle the sticks about a lot and then see if the issue goes away

to shake the levers do you want to move them?  or shake the controller simply?
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Big plums, my controller has never been out of the carry case when it’s wet/raining and definitely not flown in the rain, so that’s not the cause.

Looking on you tube this problem existed over a year ago on the MAVIC air. It needs addressing by dji asap.

Graham.
2019-11-24
Use props
o4dn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24524 ft
France

Hi, I have the same problem, I cannot calibrate the remote controller because the dial has absolutely no effect!
2019-11-25
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

o4dn Pubblicato alle 11-25 06:03
Ciao, ho lo stesso problema, non riesco a calibrare il telecomando perché il quadrante non ha assolutamente alcun effetto!

quindi è un problema più esteso, come ti è successo?
2019-11-25
Use props
o4dn
lvl.4
France

creazionivideo Posted at 11-25 06:49
quindi è un problema più esteso, come ti è successo?

Hi,

This is a brand new MAVIC Mini, out of the box, never used...

I just unboxed the drone, charged the batteries, install the DJI Fly App (I had to purchase a  new smartphone for that!) then I connected the phone to the remote, turn the drone ON, turn the RC ON, and the RC start beeping continuously with the LEDs blinking.

The DJI FLY App request to do the firmware update, which I did, during all that time, the RC kept beeping (very annoying).

Once finished, the RC was still beeping, so I tried the calibration procedure:  I can move the sticks around, it works, but the dial has no effect, as if it was not operating, so the calibration screen stays there waiting for me to activate all the controls, but I can't, the dial button does nothing at all

I can close the calibration screen and return to the app, at  that point the RC stops beeping and the LEDs remain static. But s soon as I turn the RC OFF and ON again, the beeping start again.

That is so annoying... I filed an issue with support@dji.com let's see what they say
2019-11-25
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

o4dn Posted at 11-25 07:34
Hi,

This is a brand new MAVIC Mini, out of the box, never used...

emits the beep because the stock is not in the center must be at 0 on all four axes, I have opened a re-entry procedure with dji we hope they answer me, in case I only send the radio control.let me know how it went
2019-11-25
Use props
o4dn
lvl.4
France

creazionivideo Posted at 11-25 07:43
emits the beep because the stock is not in the center must be at 0 on all four axes, I have opened a re-entry procedure with dji we hope they answer me, in case I only send the radio control.let me know how it went

Thanks, I am starting to lose confidence in this thing now ... Looks like so many people report problems... :/
2019-11-25
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

o4dn Posted at 11-25 08:14
Thanks, I am starting to lose confidence in this thing now ... Looks like so many people report problems... :/

dji please answer what's happening?
2019-11-25
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

this defect is spreading like a leopard, please let us know something we are all worried about
2019-11-25
Use props
o4dn
lvl.4
France

creazionivideo Posted at 11-25 07:43
emits the beep because the stock is not in the center must be at 0 on all four axes, I have opened a re-entry procedure with dji we hope they answer me, in case I only send the radio control.let me know how it went

The root cause with mine is different though, the sticks both work fine, the problem is with the dial, it doesn't work at all, hence the failure to calibrate.

The dial does not operate the tilt either, of course...
2019-11-25
Use props
djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi Od4n, the wheel for controlling the gimbal tilt works fine on my controller, whilst flying the drone or calibrating it.

But as soon as I power it off, switch back on and we are back to the annoying constant beeping
2019-11-25
Use props
o4dn
lvl.4
France

djiuser_z75vAD0vVCYk Posted at 11-25 10:36
Hi Od4n, the wheel for controlling the gimbal tilt works fine on my controller, whilst flying the drone or calibrating it.

But as soon as I power it off, switch back on and we are back to the annoying constant beeping

Quick update, I was about to return the device tomorrow but decided for one last try...

And guess what... it worked... The dial worked just fine, I was able complete the calibration, and the remote does not beep anymore.

So it really looks like a software bug to me, it doesn't sound (no pun intended of course!) like hardware (hardware does not automatically repair itself, usually...)

I just hope that remains like that now...
2019-11-25
Use props
creazionivideo
lvl.4
Italy

o4dn Posted at 11-25 12:05
Quick update, I was about to return the device tomorrow but decided for one last try...

And guess what... it worked... The dial worked just fine, I was able complete the calibration, and the remote does not beep anymore.

how did you do maybe I would like to try, thank you
2019-11-25
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Physically move the sticks about to unstick them inside see if that helps
2019-11-25
Use props
Lieronet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 809948 ft
Slovakia

I tried the new android app 1.0.2 , calibration again and didn't help. The worst thing is , even when I calibrate before each flight and it stops beeping, it still moves a little in the air, and it wont brake at all when I let the sticks, it drifts thx to ghost input, or miscalibrated sticks. Only the right seems to be bad.
2019-11-26
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Of course you never hear about these issues in the paid for/sponsored (read: totally impartial) youtube reviews ... .

Hope you guys can sort it.
2019-11-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules