remote controller constant beep
28091 139 2019-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
graham davie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111247 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, finally be able to pick up new Mini on Tuesday, as no one has re posted regarding RC issue, I’m guessing the firmware upgrade worked ?
Cheers graham.
2019-12-15
Use props
Kruuskamp
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-11-23 11:28
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. When calibrating the controller please make sure that: You need to calibrate the RC away from any metal objects also while moving the sticks you need also to move the wheel on the controller (gimbal dial) for us to make sure that the calibration will perfectly completed. If the problem persists, kindly please send us a video showing the problem for us to further isolate this concern of yours. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I have same problem, new mavic mini. I want to fly for the first time, putting on the remotecontroller and it beeps all the time.
Calibration only on right stick and wheel, left stick can not be calibrated.
Pls inform  How to solve this.
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Kruuskamp Posted at 2-6 12:14
I have same problem, new mavic mini. I want to fly for the first time, putting on the remotecontroller and it beeps all the time.
Calibration only on right stick and wheel, left stick can not be calibrated.
Pls inform  How to solve this.

Can you please take a sample video when you are doing the calibration for us to help you further. I'm afraid to say that the RC is damaged if the left stick will not do any response. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-2-10
Use props
djiuser_g6Uwv1oDVnY4
New

United Kingdom

Have you calibrated the controller correctly?

I was having the same issue for a few days until I realised that I wasn't calibrating the remote controller properly as I was always forgeting to move the gimbal roulette/button!
Once I had done this and also moved both sticks in all directions I received a message on the screen saying that the remote has been calibrated successfully and I didn't get the annoying beep any more.

Cheers
2020-5-19
Use props
fans257b5f71
New

United States

It's been a persistent and annoying problem for me for some weeks – and none of the recalibration "fixes" have worked.  And I only started having this problem AFTER my most recent firmware update. Before that, it flew fine.
2020-5-22
Use props
djiuser_8Gos9OSa1l4R
New

India

Hi
I have a mavic mini and i tried to update the firmware version of my drone but when the update done and i power on my remote controller my controller started beeping and the beeping dose'nt stop until i power off the remote controller
2020-5-30
Use props
djiuser_8Gos9OSa1l4R
New

India

djiuser_g6Uwv1oDVnY4 Posted at 5-19 08:06
Have you calibrated the controller correctly?

I was having the same issue for a few days until I realised that I wasn't calibrating the remote controller properly as I was always forgeting to move the gimbal roulette/button!

Please tell me full steps one by one
2020-5-31
Use props
Sanyll
New

Japan

Hi! I solved the problem by watching this video from DJI.  
I couldn't solve it the first time, I did the procedure again and again and it worked.
2020-8-9
Use props
djiuser_OU0grg3SR9aP
lvl.1

United States

o4dn Posted at 2019-11-25 06:03
Hi, I have the same problem, I cannot calibrate the remote controller because the dial has absolutely no effect!

Have you found a solution to this? My gimbal dial won't register at all when I try to calibrate the RC. Thanks!
2020-8-25
Use props
o4dn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24524 ft
France

djiuser_OU0grg3SR9aP Posted at 8-25 16:05
Have you found a solution to this? My gimbal dial won't register at all when I try to calibrate the RC. Thanks!

Hi! Unfortunately not, I just returned the MM and got a new one which works fine.
2020-9-2
Use props
nandukalidindi
lvl.1

United States

After 4 months of constant beeping and built up frustration, I removed the component (sounder) that is responsible for the sound. I flew the Drone couple of times and it seems to work as expected. I don't recommend doing this unless you are ready to buy another controller / if yours is already void of warranty (which is the case for me). I am so happy I don't have to hear that god forsaken sound anymore.
2020-12-3
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

nandukalidindi Posted at 12-3 21:10
After 4 months of constant beeping and built up frustration, I removed the component (sounder) that is responsible for the sound. I flew the Drone couple of times and it seems to work as expected. I don't recommend doing this unless you are ready to buy another controller / if yours is already void of warranty (which is the case for me). I am so happy I don't have to hear that god forsaken sound anymore.

Why not just muffle it with something instead of removing it? It may come in very handy someday.
2020-12-3
Use props
nandukalidindi
lvl.1

United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-3 21:27
Why not just muffle it with something instead of removing it? It may come in very handy someday.

Tried to cover it with various items but it wasn't enough, I might solder a relatively mellow sounder eventually.
2020-12-3
Use props
D.Kunz
New

Italy

creazionivideo Posted at 2019-11-28 02:25
I am also very frustrated, I was able to use the mavic mini only once and suddenly the beep appeared, I just hope they can fix this bug

same happens to me, after first use.
Now every time I take off constant beeping.
2021-5-20
Use props
djiuser_498FN6D0luDY
New
India

Hi brand new dji mavic mini
Flys off like a bat outta hell !! Miraculously stopped and landed on grass !!
Turns out the rightstick on the rc simply wont respond !
Did the usual fw upgrade , tried calibrating the rc dozen time over .
What an expensive mistake ! Meanwhile support from Dji is anything but fantastic ! !

The first flight setup as demonstrated by dji videos  is extremely misleading ! Turns out you ought to do many calibrations prior to flight . As a first time user , havent had a delightful experience so far !

Somebody at Dji ought to look hard at QC !
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_aHCjhOeSO8c7
lvl.1
Germany

Finally a post on this.. It may be old, but I have the same ghost input problem with the RC-N1 I got with my Mini 3 pro. For me the problem is with the dial however. It keeps registering an input, even when I don't touch it. I sent DJI a support ticket. Hopefully this is a software problem and will be fixed ASAP. Often there's a continous beep after turning on the drone, then after a few calibrations it stops, but doesn't help with the ghost input. It just keeps moving the camera down or up. I think a larger deadzone for the dial would solve this. It literally has to be accurate to the micrometer exact postition for it to stop registering input, which you can see during calibration. I don't quite understand how something like this keeps happening to so many people with equipment for this price. I first thought I was just really unlucky. I really hope the problem is solved through a software update and quick, rather than having to send in the controller. I was planning to use the drone professionally, if this turns into an even more major inconvenience, I recon I'll send it back completely and try another company. This is seriously frustrating..
2022-8-21
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

djiuser_aHCjhOeSO8c7 Posted at 8-21 13:16
Finally a post on this.. It may be old, but I have the same ghost input problem with the RC-N1 I got with my Mini 3 pro. For me the problem is with the dial however. It keeps registering an input, even when I don't touch it. I sent DJI a support ticket. Hopefully this is a software problem and will be fixed ASAP. Often there's a continous beep after turning on the drone, then after a few calibrations it stops, but doesn't help with the ghost input. It just keeps moving the camera down or up. I think a larger deadzone for the dial would solve this. It literally has to be accurate to the micrometer exact postition for it to stop registering input, which you can see during calibration. I don't quite understand how something like this keeps happening to so many people with equipment for this price. I first thought I was just really unlucky. I really hope the problem is solved through a software update and quick, rather than having to send in the controller. I was planning to use the drone professionally, if this turns into an even more major inconvenience, I recon I'll send it back completely and try another company. This is seriously frustrating..

My guess is hardware fault on the dial. Do you have care refresh?
2022-8-22
Use props
djiuser_aHCjhOeSO8c7
lvl.1
Germany

Beta5K Posted at 8-22 10:13
My guess is hardware fault on the dial. Do you have care refresh?

No, I ordered the drone via Amazon. I instantly noticed the problem on first activation, so I didn't buy care refresh (didn't want it for an already broken device). I sent the entire drone back now. Still haven't received an answer to my support ticket from DJI. I know there's the option of calling or live chat, but I sent the ticket on Saturday, they've had plenty of time to answer by now. I'm extremely dissapointed with this whole ordeal. Plus i've been hearing of more and more rc problems with the Mini 3. Honestly don't know if I'll be getting another drone from DJI. One would think this kind of thing only happens to cheap drones so regularly, but apparently this is a wrong assumption.
2022-8-24
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

djiuser_aHCjhOeSO8c7 Posted at 8-24 08:47
No, I ordered the drone via Amazon. I instantly noticed the problem on first activation, so I didn't buy care refresh (didn't want it for an already broken device). I sent the entire drone back now. Still haven't received an answer to my support ticket from DJI. I know there's the option of calling or live chat, but I sent the ticket on Saturday, they've had plenty of time to answer by now. I'm extremely dissapointed with this whole ordeal. Plus i've been hearing of more and more rc problems with the Mini 3. Honestly don't know if I'll be getting another drone from DJI. One would think this kind of thing only happens to cheap drones so regularly, but apparently this is a wrong assumption.

You can still get care refresh if you bought the drone from a third party distributor, thought it might be too late to get it now.
Did you return it to Amazon or DJI? Amazon should be pretty good on replacements if the product is at fault.
2022-8-24
Use props
djiuser_aHCjhOeSO8c7
lvl.1
Germany

Beta5K Posted at 8-24 09:45
You can still get care refresh if you bought the drone from a third party distributor, thought it might be too late to get it now.
Did you return it to Amazon or DJI? Amazon should be pretty good on replacements if the product is at fault.

I sent it back to Amazon, it was a prime order and a faulty device so I definitely expect them to refund the entire price. So I could theoretically just order an entire new drone, don't know if I'm gonna risk it with DJI again though. I've read of a lot of problems the new drones and especially the RCs have.
If I had gotten the care refresh with the broken controller, I reccon they would have let me send in that device but it would probably count as a replacement/repair. I expect something like this to not happen in the first place for over a 1000€ price point, but if anything, it should be offered to repair/replace directly for free without care refresh. Anyways this was an Amazon order (luckily, I suspect DJI wouldn't be so easy with replacements) so I could just send back the entire thing. I'll have to think about ordering another one, first gonna wait for the refund though.
2022-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules