Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
EXIF missing Date/Time ?
1379 4 2015-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kiwichrish
lvl.4

Hi-ho,
Just started to look at image management for images coming off the P3..

I've noticed that the EXIF data has no date/time field?

How does one go about putting in a 'formal' request to DJI to get something like that fixed?  The date/time would clearly be available from the GPS data on board, so I imagine it can be added given that the lat/long/altitude is already in there.  I'd be happy with UTC time, if that's what is available...

I catalogue images by their timestamps using some automated tools and it's a bit of a pain to think I'll have to do something different for DJI's images...

Cheers, Chris H.

2015-6-11
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.4

United States

Does it put the right altitude in the EXIF for you?

I went to 396 feet as per the iOS app and took 5 photos and when I look at the EXIF on my PC it says the altitude was 100 to 120 feet, each image had a different altitude.
Or am I missing something here since I have never really paid attention to EXIF info before?
2015-6-12
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.4

New Zealand

Hi-ho..

The exif appears to have the correct altitude in it.

Output from jhead below from one of my images.  Other images from that flight have other 'accurate' heights in them.
Note that it's 'File date' not exposure date.  Most cameras have a Date/Time field that gives the exposure time, which is my issue as I use a script that uses jhead and re-names the files with a date code, event code and sticks them into folders etc.
FYI: jhead is a command-line linux tool.  The command-i function on the mac does not show altitude but does show coordinates  and alt-enter on the linux machine doesn't show any GPS data at all.  Not sure what windows alt-enter / info would show.  Application support for the various tags in exif is variable as well.  Adobe products are pretty good mind you, which are obviusly popular.

File name    : DJI_0003.JPG
File size    : 6553738 bytes
File date    : 2015:06:07 16:48:22
Camera make  : DJI
Camera model : FC300S
Resolution   : 4000 x 3000
Flash used   : No
Focal length :  3.6mm  (35mm equivalent: 20mm)
Exposure time: 0.0100 s  (1/100)
Aperture     : f/2.8
ISO equiv.   : 101
Whitebalance : Auto
Metering Mode: center weight
Exposure     : program (auto)
GPS Latitude : S 43d 47m 42.2312s
GPS Longitude: E 172d 22m 30.2887s
GPS Altitude :  105.20m
JPEG Quality : 100
Comment      :

Cheers, Chris H.
2015-6-12
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.4

New Zealand

Update to this if anyone finds it:

As of firmware 1.2.8 on the P3 Advanced the date/time field is now valid in the EXIF.

Thanks for fixing that issue Mr DJI. :-)
2015-6-20
Use props
giant
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Also I was happy to see that this little problem was solved in firmware 1.26 for Phantom 3 Pro. Before I manualy adjusted time and date in exif.
2015-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules