29962 23 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Given that in the Black Fridaay Sale Amazon are selling Fire HD Tablets for £45 I was wondering if it would be possible to sideload the DJI Fly app and use it with the MM

I understand the DJI Go 4 app will work this way with the other drones
2019-11-24
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can not answer that but I can tell you that I side loaded the fly app on to my huawei tablet, the app installed fine and opened but could not connect to mini..
2019-11-24
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

2 Gb RAM - of course not!
2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Bigplumbs. Upon checking the mobile device ( Fire HD Tablets ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. I would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Fire HD Tablets will be able to work on the DJI Mavic MIni and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2019-11-24
Use props
Cavids
lvl.3
United States

sorry this is BS, as much as I like my MM thus far your list does not include any tablets that I can see.  I tried my ipad mini and the dji fly app was not available for it in the app store.  Soo yesterday I went out and bought the latest Samsung 8 inch tablet running android 9, and the dji fly app was not available for it in the google play store...  Am I missing something???
2019-11-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cavids Posted at 11-24 08:01
sorry this is BS, as much as I like my MM thus far your list does not include any tablets that I can see.  I tried my ipad mini and the dji fly app was not available for it in the app store.  Soo yesterday I went out and bought the latest Samsung 8 inch tablet running android 9, and the dji fly app was not available for it in the google play store...  Am I missing something???

No it is BS DJI launched this app way before it was ready. You can get it on the Ipad Mini 4 but it is just a stretched phone app but will work.

2019-11-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alevpi Posted at 11-24 04:41

Have you tried it or just stating things you don't know
2019-11-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-24 07:56
Hello and good day Bigplumbs. Upon checking the mobile device ( Fire HD Tablets ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. I would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Fire HD Tablets will be able to work on the DJI Mavic MIni and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

[view_image]

Not interested in standard answers from DJI People you usually get it incorrect
2019-11-24
Use props
fans47bdc4c1
lvl.4
Canada

I don't own one but was wondering the same thing.  Looking at the detailed specs from Amazon, it looks like it has a 64 bit processor but OS is only 32 bit meaning the app would not even load, as it requires a 64 bit OS.
2019-11-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have bought one to try...…… at only £45 it is worth a punt
2019-11-24
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i tried it on the fire hd 8 and it used to work but today for some reason it's no longer working.  the app opens and it just shuts down.  but earlier this summer (before i got the smc), i used the fire tablet with dji go 4 so i know it works.  only used it for a few weeks because it was not bright enough and i immediately got the smc and haven't looked back so my experience with fire tablet is very minimal.
2019-11-24
Use props
djiuser_V2C9YBWErD3b
lvl.1

Austria

The Saint Posted at 2019-11-24 18:10
i tried it on the fire hd 8 and it used to work but today for some reason it's no longer working.  the app opens and it just shuts down.  but earlier this summer (before i got the smc), i used the fire tablet with dji go 4 so i know it works.  only used it for a few weeks because it was not bright enough and i immediately got the smc and haven't looked back so my experience with fire tablet is very minimal.

Does it still not work? Thinking about bying a Fire HD 8 just for the mini.
2020-5-24
Use props
Hotrod in Daytona
lvl.3
United States

Has to be 64bit Android not 32bit which most cheapo versions are running. This typically means ones that have 4gb of memory.  I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E which works great, although not cheap.  The screen is super bright which is generally another issue on lower end tablets that they have screens that don't work in the sunlight.
2020-5-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cavids Posted at 2019-11-24 08:01

Only if DJI has tested it and approved it, will you be able to install from the Play store. You have to find the apk file, put that on the tablet, then install it. That's called side-loading. You would then need to do that every time you need to install an update unless DJI approves it later.
2020-5-26
Use props
fans1cafe718
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 5-26 14:56
Only if DJI has tested it and approved it, will you be able to install from the Play store. You have to find the apk file, put that on the tablet, then install it. That's called side-loading. You would then need to do that every time you need to install an update unless DJI approves it later.

Got a FireHD...it's a POS tablet...forget it...
2020-5-26
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hotrod in Daytona Posted at 5-24 09:23
Has to be 64bit Android not 32bit which most cheapo versions are running. This typically means ones that have 4gb of memory.  I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E which works great, although not cheap.  The screen is super bright which is generally another issue on lower end tablets that they have screens that don't work in the sunlight.

This is correct. No, it won't work.
2020-5-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_V2C9YBWErD3b Posted at 5-24 09:11
Does it still not work? Thinking about bying a Fire HD 8 just for the mini.

honestly I don't remember since I don't use it any longer.  can't say if it's a good choice or not.
2020-5-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alevpi Posted at 2019-11-24 04:41

Well, I have been using a Samsung Tab A SM-T290 with only 2 Gb ram and 32 Gb storage and it works just fine with the Mini. It does not apparently work fine with the MA2 however. At least it appears that way for now.
2020-5-26
Use props
Rob 59 Vette
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129567 ft
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 2020-5-26 17:34
Well, I have been using a Samsung Tab A SM-T290 with only 2 Gb ram and 32 Gb storage and it works just fine with the Mini. It does not apparently work fine with the MA2 however. At least it appears that way for now.

How did you get the app loaded? I have tried on a T320 via the app store and it says it's not available for my version of Android but it's as up to date as it can be!
2021-2-7
Use props
djiuser_UTw4m9FjjrpD
New

United States

The fire hd 10 tablet will not work! I wish dji would get it together and I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a tablet so I have a bigger screen while flying on top of the price of the drone you spend 1k on a drone you would think they can make the app for almost any device!!! It's like they work with Apple and share the profits!
2021-4-25
Use props
Mavic.ca
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_UTw4m9FjjrpD Posted at 4-25 12:43
The fire hd 10 tablet will not work! I wish dji would get it together and I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a tablet so I have a bigger screen while flying on top of the price of the drone you spend 1k on a drone you would think they can make the app for almost any device!!! It's like they work with Apple and share the profits!

The Litchi app does work with the Amazon Fire HD 10 and the Mini.  So that is a cheaper way of making it work (you still have to buy the Litchi app, but way cheaper then buying a new tablet).
2021-5-1
Use props
djiuser_pDQ7CCEnKUCr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Rob 59 Vette Posted at 2-7 10:02
How did you get the app loaded? I have tried on a T320 via the app store and it says it's not available for my version of Android but it's as up to date as it can be!

Download direct from dji via apk file
2021-12-4
Use props
djiuser_pDQ7CCEnKUCr
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_UTw4m9FjjrpD Posted at 4-25 12:43
The fire hd 10 tablet will not work! I wish dji would get it together and I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a tablet so I have a bigger screen while flying on top of the price of the drone you spend 1k on a drone you would think they can make the app for almost any device!!! It's like they work with Apple and share the profits!
As I understand it the device needs to be GPS enabled. My HD 8 isn't so cant run the fly app.
2021-12-4
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Fire HD tablets. Good for reading Kindle books and that is about it!
2021-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules