DJI FLY App and LG G6 Android 8 will not connect.
3331 14 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans241f5dd6
lvl.1

United Kingdom

For the past one week i received my DJI Mini i have not have a fly, the app will not connect to my phone, i tried another phone it wont connect. maybe i will return the drone. any help
2019-11-24
Use props
Patrice B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27789 ft
Canada

Same thing for me I just bought a used G6 because my phone is not compatible Like you it wont connet to RC
2019-11-26
Use props
fans241f5dd6
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Patrice B Posted at 11-26 14:09
Same thing for me I just bought a used G6 because my phone is not compatible Like you it wont connet to RC

I was using LG G4 so i bought a LG G6 but will not connect, its android 8 i have not have a single fly of it lol. something not right
2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Mavic Mini has caused. With regards to the DJI Mavic Mini. To isolate the issue, please upgrade the LG G6 to android 9. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-11-26
Use props
Jaialai
lvl.1

Spain

Hi, I am using a LG G4 smartphone and the DJI Fly app works OK.
2020-1-2
Use props
AmericaWestCMH
lvl.1

United States

LG V20 with 8.0 does not work either
2020-1-2
Use props
rumakski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3271 ft
United Kingdom

I had the exact same problem! Convinced it was android 8.0 as i loaned a samsung s7 from a friend which was perfect but that was running android 7.0.So I downloaded LG Bridge form the LG download site,connected my phone to the PC and it updated to android 9.0 and everything is good.
2020-1-2
Use props
Marc Alexander
lvl.1
United States

I have  LG G6 Android 8.0 and sometimes it connects and sometimes it doesn't.  Half the time I have to restart my phone and then 1/2 the time it works. I can't update to 9.0 because it hasnt come to my phone carrier yet. I ordered a new cable, maybe that's it?
2020-1-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a G6 that would connect on about 2% of the attempts. Gave up on it and got a Samsung S6. Some G6 owners say it will work with Android 7, so maybe you can roll it back somehow. I wasn't going to try.
2020-1-5
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

I had the same problem with a LG V20 w/Android 8, so I replaced it with one with Android 7 and all is well.  One thing I did see in the manual is to make sure to force the Phone's USB into Charge Only on the phone.  I never did try that.  It is a fact that the Android USB spec requires sources (like the RC) to supply 500 ma  to the USB connected device (phone).  
2020-1-5
Use props
Marc Alexander
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 1-5 08:13
I had a G6 that would connect on about 2% of the attempts. Gave up on it and got a Samsung S6. Some G6 owners say it will work with Android 7, so maybe you can roll it back somehow. I wasn't going to try.

Thanks, so should I just get S6 and not order another cable?
2020-1-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Marc Alexander Posted at 1-5 08:34
Thanks, so should I just get S6 and not order another cable?

I can't say for sure about the cable. I thought I had a bad cable also because I had read some comments about that. I ordered a new one and had no improvement. You will need a different cable for the S6, but it should be in the basic drone kit. The S6 will be a smaller screen, about 1/2 " smaler.
2020-1-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

See rumakski 's post aboive about updating the OS. If you already own the phone and will not be using it for anything else, it might be worthwhile to try. If you just bought it, like I did, maybe you can return it.  I was able to do that on Ebay.
2020-1-5
Use props
BorisTheSpider
lvl.1
United States

Jaialai Posted at 1-2 04:59
Hi, I am using a LG G4 smartphone and the DJI Fly app works OK.

What version of Android are you running?

So frustrating that the phone is on the list of recommended devices and still doesn't work properly.
2020-1-5
Use props
BorisTheSpider
lvl.1
United States

BorisTheSpider Posted at 1-5 18:23
What version of Android are you running?

So frustrating that the phone is on the list of recommended devices and still doesn't work properly.

Just updated my LG G6 to Android 9. it didn't work with Android 8 unless I did the debug wiggle. It does seem to work with 9. Only one flight in - if I have any problems, I'll update here.

Also, here's a tutorial for another method if you can't get the update from your provider or from LG Bridge: https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g6/how-to/lg-g6-updating-to-9-0-pie-using-t3997557
2020-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules