Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Upcoming RMS1 Features
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

Hi All,
I just stumbled into the updated RoboMaster S1 web site, and, whether it's intentional or not, DJI reveals the new features to be included in the next release of the RMS1 Firmware and Apps:
1. new programming blocks, mostly around Audio features such as:
  • Intercom: "The new Intercom feature lets you to enjoy voice interactions with friends nearby. You can also pre-record audio files in the RoboMaster app on your mobile device and play them on the S1, unlocking an array of exciting new possibilities."
2. a new competition mode... Conquest... "Build your own competition arena and divide players into two teams. Set up your team strongholds, and the first team to occupy all of their opponent strongholds wins."
3. the "MasterBoard": displays useful information such as driving time and mileage, coding, programming time, number of completed lessons in “Road to Mastery,” highest scores for Target Practice, and more. This allows you to mark every milestone along your path to learning, and even to compare your stats and rankings to other S1 users all around the world.

Looking forward to that Version release.

2019-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day rhoude57 - YUL. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Great news and thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-24
Use props
sevreNniarB
lvl.3
Germany

For casual RMS1 users really great news...

But where is the SDK, advanced documentation, how can we use the UART port for external sensors, how could we use DUML over UDP and create our own stuf, ...
2019-11-24
Use props
Duane Degn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622234 ft
United States

sevreNniarB Posted at 11-24 16:47

But where is the SDK, advanced documentation, how can we use the UART port for external sensors, how could we use DUML over UDP and create our own stuf, ...

"how can we use the UART port"
And SBUS port.
2019-11-24
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Duane Degn Posted at 11-24 17:25
"how can we use the UART port"
And SBUS port.

To be fair, the new site does not list *EVERY* specific thing you can do with the S1. It is still possible the next update will include some more interesting stuff.

This being said, I unfortunately do not believe this will be the case anyway. I would love to be proven wrong though.
2019-11-25
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

BGA Posted at 11-25 09:15
To be fair, the new site does not list *EVERY* specific thing you can do with the S1. It is still possible the next update will include some more interesting stuff.

This being said, I unfortunately do not believe this will be the case anyway. I would love to be proven wrong though.

OTOH, if you want to read between the lines, here is what the new site says:

Up to 46 customizable components[3] give you unlimited space for innovation, enabling you to grow and learn in an exciting way that expands the capabilities of your S1, and yourself. Six PWM ports[4] and one SBus port support customized accessories, granting further options. Operate your S1 with a remote controller that supports SBUS protocol, or program complex codes with an external development board to explore the unlimited possibilities of the S1 and the magic of the robotic world.

[3] Components include: 7 motors, 6 Hit Detectors, 7 infrared sensors, 1 visual sensor, 1 microphone, 1 speaker, 2 Gyroscope, and 21 LED lights.

We know for a fact that we can not program the IR sensors currently so this might imply that we will in the next version.

I also find it amazing that they consider each LED light as a component. It is technically true, but it still sounds wrong.
2019-11-25
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

sevreNniarB Posted at 11-24 16:47

Looks like we will have to wait at least another 6 months for that...
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules