Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weird transparent line when using 2.7k to record video
123Next >
6005 85 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Darkvash Posted at 11-27 11:42
Im Sorry but i think Is not like this because i have the problem only with some kind of video. The First videos ive done was good, now i see the problem. I tried with mxplayer , VLC, on tablet and smartphone(oneplus 6t).

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience, could you please provide the original videos for better assistance? Please upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and then post the link here. We'd like to help you check it.
2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Rogerq Posted at 11-27 09:22
It is still visible after editing with Power Director 16 (Windows 10)

Sorry to hear that, we'll forward your situation to the related team again.
2019-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

bakflow Posted at 11-27 17:52
If other drones (like the Mavic 2 Pro) don't display this issue on any of the players I have tested, I feel that the mini shouldn't either.

Hi, thank you for sharing your opinion, this situation will be forwarded to the related team again.
2019-11-30
Use props
intensetobac
New
Flight distance : 17287 ft
Austria

So i can use my entry level drone only in combination with professional editing tools?
2019-12-1
Use props
Darkvash
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-30 02:42
Hi, thank you for sharing your opinion, this situation will be forwarded to the related team again.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ARBNRnw5jOZHnto-5mmPjxKM4zjVBhGp/view?usp=drivesdk
This Is the video at 2.7k 30fps. I check other video at 1080p and haven't this problem.
2019-12-2
Use props
Darkvash
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-30 02:38
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience, could you please provide the original videos for better assistance? Please upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and then post the link here. We'd like to help you check it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AUJlqVllf1rMpS_zcin0FgHdgxtkDvd9/view?usp=drivesdk

I tried to upload with drive but cant do with originale format
2019-12-2
Use props
Darkvash
lvl.1
Italy

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aeekf-pOU8gTEW1uk9JLTxpAVEIquQAs/view?usp=drivesdk

Ok now i think It work. I have done a video of the video. Its the only way to let you see the problem. For now i can see only on 2.7k and 30fps. The sd card it Is a Samsung u3 with 100/90 mbps Speed. Formatted before the use.
2019-12-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Darkvash Posted at 12-2 09:41
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aeekf-pOU8gTEW1uk9JLTxpAVEIquQAs/view?usp=drivesdk

Ok now i think It work. I have done a video of the video. Its the only way to let you see the problem. For now i can see only on 2.7k and 30fps. The sd card it Is a Samsung u3 with 100/90 mbps Speed. Formatted before the use.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. We are unable to check the file that you provided via the link, it seems to need permission.
2019-12-3
Use props
Darkvash
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-3 04:19
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. We are unable to check the file that you provided via the link, it seems to need permission.

Sorry. I think It works now
2019-12-3
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

My mini also have this line. I saw it only after i edited some tests. It can be seen much better when the backround is brighter

2019-12-4
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

I can clearly see it. too bad.
Mine desn't have this issue, but has a barrel distortion like
2019-12-4
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I made the following observation:

on an Imac, the resolution of the 2,7k video is  2720x1530 without have the issue with the bottom lines.
On a Windows-PC, the file info shows 2720x1536 and I have the problem.

Maybe this helps DJI to undertand it better.
2019-12-4
Use props
skyscope
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3988468 ft
  • >>>
Germany

UweE Posted at 12-4 02:09
on an Imac, the resolution of the 2,7k video is  2720x1530 without have the issue with the bottom lines.

The clips are sampled in with 1536 pixel height, likely for encoding purposes (16x16 Macroblocks).
The problem is that DJI likely forgot to crop back to 1530 px and remove the "Sample Height" tag in the Metadata, which causes some Decoders/Players to struggle (Windows only).

So it should be not impossible to fix that in future FW-Updates, and perhaps DJI could provide a small converter for existing files too.
If not or until then, you can crop these 6 Pixels by yourself, using FFmpeg:

ffmpeg -y -i ORIGINAL-CLIP.MP4 -map 0:0 -vcodec copy -an -sn  -bsf:v h264_metadata=crop_bottom=6 CROPPED-CLIP.MP4

This gets you a simple copy of the clip, without recompression, in pure 2710 x 1530 pixel.
2019-12-4
Use props
djiuser_6BBFyi9TSaue
lvl.3

Netherlands

skyscope Posted at 12-4 07:04
The clips are sampled in with 1536 pixel height, likely for encoding purposes (16x16 Macroblocks).
The problem is that DJI likely forgot to remove the "Sample Height" tag in the Metadata, which causes some Decoders/Players to struggle (Windows only).

Not only Windows  BUT Webos on a  LG W8PLA, Android Shield TV default player or VLC
2019-12-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Darkvash Posted at 12-3 15:54
Sorry. I think It works now

Hi, we've confirmed it with the related team, it was the difference between the hardware decoding and software decoding, you are recommended to try professional players such as Potplayer; It also won't happen when you edit the video with editing software. Thanks.
2019-12-4
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-4 20:05
Hi, we've confirmed it with the related team, it was the difference between the hardware decoding and software decoding, you are recommended to try professional players such as Potplayer; It also won't happen when you edit the video with editing software. Thanks.

Except you shouldn’t have to edit footage before its usable or you “professional” software to use footage for an entry level device...
2019-12-4
Use props
Darkvash
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-4 20:05

This Is not normal. I cant watch video on 2.7k on my smartphone because i need to use professional software? So tell me why other people have not problem like this? Is my drone defected?
2019-12-5
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Darkvash Posted at 12-5 05:32
This Is not normal. I cant watch video on 2.7k on my smartphone because i need to use professional software? So tell me why other people have not problem like this? Is my drone defected?

by my own research and others it is definitely just that an extra 6 lines is encoded into the 2.7k files, its not a camera defect etc.  Just don't understand WHY they do it that way
2019-12-5
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Finally got VLC player to play my Mavic Mini files and indeed the bottom fuzz doesnt get displayed. At least proves it isnt a hardware issue
2019-12-5
Use props
skyscope
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Has nothing to do with "wrong encoding", It's all about metadata and how they get interpreted.... see #54.
2019-12-5
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Idon't see a "sample height" line in the metadata though
2019-12-5
Use props
skyscope
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

You have to use mediainfo CLI version with flag -f (for "Full" Info) from the Command line / Shell  --> mediainfo -f DJI_NUMBER.MP4

2019-12-5
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

skyscope Posted at 12-5 06:01
You have to use mediainfo CLI version with flag -f (for "Full" Info) from the Command line / Shell  --> mediainfo -f DJI_NUMBER.MP4

Tried the ffmeg command to chop the bottom off and worked perfectly and vastly quicker than i was expecting. thanks
2019-12-5
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

On another forum I look on someone said they logged a support ticket with DJI are their response was:

“ Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

This is to inform you that we have already received a resolution from our Engineers in regards to the issue you are having with your Mavic Mini. As per their response, because the default resolution of 2.7k is 2720 x 1536, but the video resolution of 2.7k is 2720 x 1530, so there will be a difference of 6 pixels at the bottom resulting to have a noticeable horizontal line of distortion at the bottom edge of the video.

To resolve the issue, please use a professional player (such as Potplayer) to play the video. If the player you used has hardware decoding and software decoding, if you choose hardware decoding, this phenomenon will occur, kindly use software decoding instead. This matter will be resolved when editing videos with editing software.

We will release new firmware to fix this issue finally.”

If true, there’s hope
2019-12-5
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI Natalia,

I have this incredible issue in ALL my videos, tested with two MM!
So all these videos are unusible, because I work for television as a DoP,
and nobody would send such visible tecnical issues in Videos.
So what does the related team do to get Tecnical NORMAL Videos as can be expected in 2.7k?
2019-12-6
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Heavenone Posted at 12-6 00:19
Hello DJI Natalia,

Read the post above yours
2019-12-6
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Crummett Posted at 12-6 00:45

Ahhh..Thanks for this info!
But it stays a big issue of DJI technicans, because never had this with any drone video,
now first time and professional cut does not change it.
2019-12-6
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Heavenone Posted at 12-6 01:07
Ahhh..Thanks for this info!
But it stays a big issue of DJI technicans, because never had this with any drone video,
now first time and professional cut does not change it.

There is another post in this thread where a user posted how to cut the 6 extra lines out of the video using ffmpeg (free download). I tried it and it took seconds and worked perfectly. A good work around for now.  Requires a tiny amount of using command line in Windows. Happy to guide if you need help.
2019-12-6
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Crummett Posted at 12-6 01:55
There is another post in this thread where a user posted how to cut the 6 extra lines out of the video using ffmpeg (free download). I tried it and it took seconds and worked perfectly. A good work around for now.  Requires a tiny amount of using command line in Windows. Happy to guide if you need help.

Thanks for Help!!!
2019-12-6
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Whole world and all DJI drones uses 2.7K =2720x1530!
Why only the mavic mini uses this absolutely strange format with these heavy problems :2.7K 2720x1536  and do not solve it till now?
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Heavenone Posted at 12-6 00:19
Hello DJI Natalia,

Thank you for your feedback, we have forwarded it to the related team.
2019-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Crummett Posted at 12-6 00:45

Thank you for your feedback, this has been forwarded to the related team.
2019-12-6
Use props
skyscope
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Heavenone Posted at 12-6 02:38
Whole world and all DJI drones uses 2.7K =2720x1530!
Why only the mavic mini uses this absolutely strange format with these heavy problems :2.7K 2720x1536  and do not solve it till now?

Not true. For example Mavic 2 Pro has totally different resolution for 2.7k (2688 x 1512), so does GoPro  (2704 x 1520).
And every DJI-Drone handles the metadata slightly different, regarding the tags "Height", "Sampled Height", "Original Height" ans "Stored Height", to get the viewer play 16:9 Footage from a different encoded aspect ratio (to fulfill the needs of encoding streams with 16x16 macroblocks, see above).

And there is no Standard for "2.7k".....

2019-12-6
Use props
Darkvash
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-6 03:35
Thank you for your feedback, this has been forwarded to the related team.

I set software decoder on my mxplayer. Now Is working fine. Some other people using VLC have not problem. Thank you....im Happy if the next update Will fix this issue.
2019-12-6
Use props
bakflow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1494101 ft
United States

UweE Posted at 12-4 02:09
I made the following observation:

That’s good to know. I hope DJI fixes this small issue soon.
2019-12-8
Use props
Shimmers81
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2856873 ft
Malaysia

i found same issue as well, recorded in 2.7k
Clearly can see the transparent line at the bottom. DJI pls fix this..
https://youtu.be/b6-za9YL6M8
2019-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Darkvash Posted at 12-6 15:03
I set software decoder on my mxplayer. Now Is working fine. Some other people using VLC have not problem. Thank you....im Happy if the next update Will fix this issue.

You are welcome, Darkvash. We have forwarded the situation to the related team.
2019-12-9
Use props
fans8e299cb6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5693497 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-30 02:40
Sorry to hear that, we'll forward your situation to the related team again.

Same here.  DJI, let us know if you are going to fix this in firmware.  If it can't be fixed, the drone is going back for refund.  It's not acceptable to have such distortion on bottom of the image on 2.7k video.  This is a "flying camera" for crying out loud.  FIX!
2019-12-14
Use props
bakflow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1494101 ft
United States

Welp, I had to return my Mavic Mini due to the front left propeller hitting the drone itself. I thought that the propeller came broken from the factory at first, but then noticed the damage on the side of the drone. My guess is that the legs are easily bent during windy conditions ( I flew it during 10mph winds, which is not a lot). Due to this issue and the line at the bottom of videos, I will wait a while to see if these things get fixed.
2019-12-14
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

fans8e299cb6 Posted at 12-14 08:56
Same here.  DJI, let us know if you are going to fix this in firmware.  If it can't be fixed, the drone is going back for refund.  It's not acceptable to have such distortion on bottom of the image on 2.7k video.  This is a "flying camera" for crying out loud.  FIX!
In this thread it’s been stated they will be fixing it in a firmware update. I never understand why people get so angry they threaten to send it back yet aren’t bothered enough to read the thread they’re posting in :/
2019-12-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules