546 4 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steven_sf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24948 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wanted to pass on some results from a real world hover test and just how much time you might expect from a single battery. I took off indoors (no wind) on a full battery and maintained a hover of about 6 feet to minimize ground effects.

Without the prop guards: Flight time of 26 minutes and 32 seconds and confirmed forced landing with 60 seconds remaining in the UI.

With the prop guards: Flight time of 18 minutes and 18 seconds and confirmed forced landing with 30 seconds remaining in the UI.

I would say the prop guards have a noticable affect not just in added weight but turbulence and airflow/lift disruption. Hovering in a single spot is not how the mini is typically used but it is nice to start at the best case and then work your way down.
2019-11-24
Use props
ljmario
Second Officer
Flight distance : 121667 ft
Germany

thanks for the info!
2019-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, that is quite a difference.
2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day steven_sf. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this informative information for the DJI Mavic Mini. Great info and thank you for your support.
2019-11-25
Use props
Cookster670
Second Officer
Australia

I believe i’ve read you’ll get more duration if you are forward flying as you can get a little bit of lift, therefore reducing work on the motors.   That would be an interesting next test.

Having said that 26 mins is pretty good and I’d be surprised if you could beat that.
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules