6965 72 2019-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-4 10:35
I agreed, I'm new and have taken all the precautions possible, after only 3,5h of flying and around over 10 miles distance, in open and safe area I can see already a lot of improvement, and I'm more relaxed.

Somebody who buys instantly or gets it as a present, and doesnt come around here, will likely crash it, dont read the manual, fly it in the wrong place at the wrong time... and result is sad experience.

Definitely.  This is my first drone.  First flight was indoors with the prop guards on to learn the take off, gentle movements.  I've since done 3 flights in a massive field near where i live, keeping the distance to no more than 200m away.  I've practised the quick shots, all the controls etc.  For me i need to get the movements in muscle memory.  My gaming mindset has the 2 sticks doing different things to what the drone controls are so i have to really think.  Until that comes naturally i won't be trying anything fancy
2019-12-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Crummett Posted at 12-5 01:24
Definitely.  This is my first drone.  First flight was indoors with the prop guards on to learn the take off, gentle movements.  I've since done 3 flights in a massive field near where i live, keeping the distance to no more than 200m away.  I've practised the quick shots, all the controls etc.  For me i need to get the movements in muscle memory.  My gaming mindset has the 2 sticks doing different things to what the drone controls are so i have to really think.  Until that comes naturally i won't be trying anything fancy

You can actually customize the controller behavior with three different modes, mode 2 is the standard but one of the other two is more like gaming, I want to stick to mode 2 since I am no gamer but some users may prefer the other modes.
2019-12-5
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-5 01:49
You can actually customize the controller behavior with three different modes, mode 2 is the standard but one of the other two is more like gaming, I want to stick to mode 2 since I am no gamer but some users may prefer the other modes.

oh i did not know this! i'll have a look thanks!
2019-12-5
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Crummett Posted at 12-5 02:02
oh i did not know this! i'll have a look thanks!

You are welcome!
It´s in page 27 of the manual.
2019-12-5
Use props
Dano99
lvl.2
Canada

Other than the orientation being off from my RC position I am completely satisfied with it. great little drone.
2019-12-6
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

This is my first drone (other than a couple of the $15 types that are quite difficult to master!

Perhaps it's because this is my first "good" drone, but I'm very impressed with it.  For the money and the size, it's an incredible assemblage of technology and programming.

Like any other technical gadgetry, you have to jump into it somehow, and only after you've used something for a while do you learn enough to even be able to ask the right questions.  Cameras, computers, guns, etc., all require you to do some learning before you can make good buying decisions and get the most out of things.

So those of you who have more experience with drones will likely be more critical of this one because you know what to expect and have a better idea of what is possible.

While there are some things I hope will be changed/addressed in the future, overall, this total newbie is quite happy so far.
2019-12-6
Use props
The Watchman News
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63970 ft
United States

I am very happy with my Mavic Mini. I don't shoot in 2.7K because I like to shoot 60fps for smoother video but I have no complaints. Honestly, it exceeds my expectations. Here is some video I shot last night with it. I'm loving it.

2019-12-8
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 12-5 02:07
You are welcome!
It´s in page 27 of the manual.

I looked into this and mode 3 looks exactly what i want. Will try it when the UK weather pauses long enough to let me fly!
2019-12-11
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Crummett Posted at 12-11 04:00
I looked into this and mode 3 looks exactly what i want. Will try it when the UK weather pauses long enough to let me fly!

Nice let us know if you prefer it for flying, Im personally getting used to mode 2 and love jt
2019-12-11
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-25 03:01
Newbies and new drones there’s always going to be many more problems, I could bet those having problems are much more likely to be newbies than those with some experience, but they will learn .

I think its comparable to the mavic air and at a 1/3rd of the costs
2019-12-14
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

2019-12-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Roy Rogers Posted at 2019-12-14 18:02

Not its ability to handle wind. The Mavic Air is far superior
2020-1-9
Use props
Sarge Lausage
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104455 ft
United States

I switched to Mode 3 as it reminds me of FPS games and I am way happier than trying to get used to Mode 2. Now if I get in a slightly hairy situation muscle memory kicks in and I can fly out of it unlike before where I would accidentally ascend or descend in those moments.
2020-1-9
Use props
pnwflier
lvl.2
United States

Also, check out the YouTube channels from some of the Professional Pilots and reviewers that own and review a number of drones, including non-DJI products.

You will find many are very happy.

I'm not a reviewer but very happy with the Mini.
2020-1-9
Use props
ljmario
Second Officer
Flight distance : 121667 ft
Germany

so far i am very happy with the mavic mini, but i haven't had a fly away or any other problem
2020-1-9
Use props
djiuser_ke7nEwn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My drone has several error messages that prevent it flying, but the customer service is appalling. I bought mine in the UK, travelled to Australia and have to return it to the UK for repair even though the Australian repair centre is just a few miles away. Apparently there is no universal coverage. It's like DJI didn't expect people to take their mini drones on holiday
2020-1-9
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Crummett Posted at 2019-12-11 04:00

If you are starting out in RC it is better to use mode 2 as this is how 90 % of people fly and also how most things are initially configured
2020-1-11
Use props
djiuser_RYT7ce1tRrYP
New

Canada

Hi I have been getting like numbers on my downalded videos. Why?
The pics below r just screenshots of the videos.
2020-3-19
Use props
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923406 ft
United States

I got mine on December 26 2019 flu 30 miles 38 flights so far, first 10 flights I got this warning Not Enough Force/ESC Error (repeated 49 times) changed my propellers and it went away first flight got it caught it on a tree branch could not figure out why it wouldn’t move it just hovered I had propeller guard on and payload set, branch hooked the guard  I think it bent the propeller but I did not know new to this came here to see what everyone says what this was, kept flying in my yard 9 more flights changed my propellers and its been fine. I really enjoy the mini and this site very informative, Thanks All!
2020-3-19
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

First ever drone for me. Got it back in November,  couldn't be happier!!! About an hour ago I flew my MM twice, first one out to 1.38km, second out to 1.14km. Nothing wrong with these minis. No need to buy a more expensive one EVER!!!!
2020-3-19
Use props
AndrewTemcha
lvl.1
Ukraine

Hi guys, just bought a Mavic MINI last week, and currently experiencing issue with unlocking Blue zone on the map. I live in aprx. 5 km next to Airport in Blue zone. Thus I have to ask for permission each 3 days. The first question comes here: is it possible to somehow unlock it for specific zone forever (lets say, after 3 unlocks in a row, etc). And the main problem is next: yesterday I unlocked it via web site for 3 days and tried to start fly. It asked my to accept all the policy etc (3 checkboxes as far as I remember) and after that it sent SMS for verification. Then I was able to start fly. However today it asks me to accept same policies and at this time doesnt send any SMS and simply DO NOTHING. I'm trying again and again - but no luck. It says something like "UNLCOKED" but actually when I press auto take off - it again requests permissions. This loop never ends. Anyone experiencing something similar?
2020-3-19
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 3-19 07:13
First ever drone for me. Got it back in November,  couldn't be happier!!! About an hour ago I flew my MM twice, first one out to 1.38km, second out to 1.14km. Nothing wrong with these minis. No need to buy a more expensive one EVER!!!!

Nothing wrong with your Mini yet! After 100 perfect flights my Mini is suffering from prop strike on the body... others have lost theirs due to uncommanded descents..... update us in 6 months from now
2020-3-19
Use props
m0bius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85121 ft
United States

From my perspective, it's a glorified toy and so my expectations are aligned with that.  So far I'm having a helluva lot of fun with it despite being underwhelmed by the dynamic range and sensor noise.  The Mini was my "Okay, I no longer have an excuse NOT to shell out some money on something fun" moment,, and it is also a great introduction to drone piloting should I decide to ever upgrade for professional use.
2020-3-19
Use props
Tervos.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19108 ft
United Kingdom

I'm definitely happy with the Mavic mini.

Any issue i have experienced has been due to my eagerness to test the limits. (Wind)

2020-3-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Many beginners bought Mavic Minis. Lots have beginner issues.
2020-3-21
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Very happy with it. I wanted a real drone but wasn't yet ready to invest $1k or $2k into the hobby. No issues so far and I have been putting it through its paces.
2020-4-24
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

AndrewTemcha Posted at 3-19 07:23
Hi guys, just bought a Mavic MINI last week, and currently experiencing issue with unlocking Blue zone on the map. I live in aprx. 5 km next to Airport in Blue zone. Thus I have to ask for permission each 3 days. The first question comes here: is it possible to somehow unlock it for specific zone forever (lets say, after 3 unlocks in a row, etc). And the main problem is next: yesterday I unlocked it via web site for 3 days and tried to start fly. It asked my to accept all the policy etc (3 checkboxes as far as I remember) and after that it sent SMS for verification. Then I was able to start fly. However today it asks me to accept same policies and at this time doesnt send any SMS and simply DO NOTHING. I'm trying again and again - but no luck. It says something like "UNLCOKED" but actually when I press auto take off - it again requests permissions. This loop never ends. Anyone experiencing something similar?

If you take off manually (by moving the two joysticks down and in) you will get the unlock prompt. Also, you have to have internet connection for that to work. That is why it is better to do the online 3 day unlock thing in some cases, because once done you won't need internet (for the next 3 days). There is no way I know of to make it longer than 3 days.
2020-4-24
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Image Quality could be a little better (Everything looks grainy and stuttery) but since it's my first Drone and Weight and Size totally matter to me, I'm somewhat satisfied. For a few Shots on Vacation and when Biking, it's good enough I guess.
2020-6-11
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I really like mine. The more I use it the more I trust it to fly as it should. Great little drone and the freedom to fly almost anywhere. Today I was flying it and people were waving ''hi'', not everybody hate drones!
2020-6-15
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I think drone empathy is a bit like what happens with dogs... don't get me wrong on this.

If you find a dog strolling around is quite likely to be friendly, but if you pass in front of his house the same dog could very... territorial . We're all animals after all...
2020-6-15
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Austria

I have the Mavic Mini since the release date and, apart from the video geometry issue, solved with the recent firmware, I never had a problem and I think it is an amazing piece of technology.
2020-10-9
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mizzu Posted at 6-11 00:12
Image Quality could be a little better (Everything looks grainy and stuttery) but since it's my first Drone and Weight and Size totally matter to me, I'm somewhat satisfied. For a few Shots on Vacation and when Biking, it's good enough I guess.

Try viewing the video on a different screen or with different software. My videos and photos look pin-sharp on my computer monitor but slight fuzzy on my TV. Make sure that you're not viewing them on a screen with a lower resolution than the video. Same for the stuttering - using VLC on my computer the videos stutter occasionally but with the default "Films & TV" app in Windows 10 they're always smooth.
2020-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules