1048 19 2019-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idoc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8104 ft

United Kingdom

Hello,

I'm sharing my experience with DJI so far for those out there who have had a similar experience and looking to validate, and for those who are right now considering buying drones.

1. The drones are great. I'm happy with the overall quality when it comes to video, images and overall quality and it is hard to compete with other drones out there.

2. When it comes to the rest, the price does not justify. I own a Mavic Pro 2 and previously Mavic Pro, both cost over $1,000. Things aren't always going to work perfectly, natural. This gadget is a complex mixture of software, hardware, and experiences is a mix of skills, weather conditions and more, and so, it is fair to assume things can go wrong.

Unfortunately, it seems that whenever things go wrong, DJI will either disappear or jump on an opportunity to charge customers as much as possible rather than offer a better experience that aims to keep you coming.

In my case, my drone had technical issues 6 months after I purchased it. I have flown it only a few times in that time period. As a result, the drone flew in the incorrect direction to what was on the remote and lightly hit a glass door. 1 or 2 propellers have broken, and the rest as I validated later seemed to have worked well.

Still, concerned, I requested that DJI looks into it. A representative promised to do so for free and fix any issues as it was under warranty.

DJI since then messed me around. They started by claiming I was wrong despite not having any logs. When I uploaded my logs, the answers seemed to have changed, yet still in the directions of blaming me, resulting in an expensive repair quote. I then ended up with one of the rudest, unprofessional representatives I've spoken to.  I complained about him and he apologized justifying his behavior with 'feeling sick', yet it turned out this wasn't his first offense. Quick research resulted in his name on this forum for treating other customers in the same way.

More than a month, I almost gave up, but after speaking to the reseller, a large retail shop in the UK, it turned out that DJI has been treating many of their customers in a similar fashion. The reseller's management, I was told, had decided to take action. UK laws require DJI to repair or replace products within 30 days, and so the store suggested I let them replace the drone with a new one and help them leverage the issue with DJI.

I was happy enough, only the new drone, was a different model - the Mavic Pro too. On one side, it was awesome, but on the other, it made all the accessories I purchased - extra batteries, for example, obsolete.

Of course, you've given me so much time to research, and it turns out the consumer rights and trade standards, two government-backed bodies in the UK agree that you should replace all accessories with Mavic Pro 2 compatible ones.

Since then, I've been chasing DJI forever to help and yet it feels like talking to a wall. I've been given every excuse in the book. other than, "you're a returning customer, let's do the right thing". leaving batteries worth hundreds of dollars to be used as a paperweight, and I'm guessing not far off from their 99$ nylon case.

I'm assuming DJI isn't going to respond properly to this, or just promise to handle it and then blame me, but ultimately, and I've got evidence to show, you've messed this one up.

I understand why you're not investing in A service, but you also need to understand that given the price and your promise, you owe us, customers, a good experience if not the minimum legal.

2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We regret the trouble you’ve been inflicted, we will try our best to help you get it addressed. We'll be forwarding this with the designated team for further assistance. Rest assured that you'll be informed of the updates. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
2019-11-25
Use props
fans76795714
New
Flight distance : 89938 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Idoc

I too and going through a warranty issue with DJI, I have a 1 day old flown twice Mavic mini that just kept falling from the sky with no reason at all.

Sent it in for repair after being advised by a DJI representative only to be issued with an invoice for 2 rear motor cables and a pilot error message not under warranty for the princely sum of €116.

I rang them upon receipt of the invoice and the guy was just reading from a script and was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!

I have all the detailed flight logs showing the IMU abnormality going from 6ft above ground to -180feet in less than 2 seconds, I would not even be able to throw it off a cliff that fast let alone being on a pan flat field.

Now it's just a waiting game for them to reply and all the while time is ticking as to weather I can return the drone back to where I purchased it for an exchange!

DJI is a joke when it comes to customer service.

Paul
2019-11-25
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 11-25 08:27
We regret the trouble you’ve been inflicted, we will try our best to help you get it addressed. We'll be forwarding this with the designated team for further assistance. Rest assured that you'll be informed of the updates. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Diana,

Thanks for your kind words. It hard for me to 'rest assured' my case is going to be taken on board after a year of chasing your teams up. I've heard these words before, many times, and unfortunately other than turning the blame around in creative ways, no actions were taken.

As for patience, again, it's been a year. This is a pretty poor choice of words.
2019-11-25
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fans76795714 Posted at 11-25 09:22
Hello Idoc

I too and going through a warranty issue with DJI, I have a 1 day old flown twice Mavic mini that just kept falling from the sky with no reason at all.

Hey Paul,

I'm sorry to hear about your drone, but as much as I understand that terrible things happen to the drone, again it's how DJI supports its customers that to me speak the loudest words.

In a way, it feels tyrannic. As if they are saying. despite all the facts you're presenting, "we never do anything wrong".

What I am happy to hear now that there is a growing number of people who report similar experiences,  like you and as I wrote in my original post, at least one large UK reseller has acknowledged that there's a pattern.

You're not alone in this fight, and if you have the facts, continue updating us in this post, please.
2019-11-25
Use props
fans76795714
New
Flight distance : 89938 ft
United Kingdom

A quick update!

I have been in contact with DJI this evening over the phone to a technical advisor named Ken.

I had explained my situation and was chasing up what stage my drone was at, bearing in mind I had sent the support team a reply and explanation via email last week as to why I will not be paying the invoice and the quickest way I can forward the flight logs as evidence of the IMU error within the drone.

The advisor asked if I would like to proceed with the repair to which I replied "NO", from that point the script sheet came out and apparently it is now being escalated as a dispute back to the "invoice team" for review.

I asked what sort of time frame I should wait to expect a reply and was given the standard 24-48 hrs.

I contacted the UK seller form which I purchased the drone and they explained it was under warranty and to contact the manufacturer.

All of a sudden I feel I could be stuck with an expensive paperweight as no one seems to want to take responsibility?

2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans76795714 Posted at 11-25 09:22
Hello Idoc

Paul, we're truly sorry to know and read your frustrations about your repair case. I managed to pull out your case number using your forum account and by this, allow me to forward this issue to the Management Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding
2019-11-25
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 11-25 14:11
Paul, we're truly sorry to know and read your frustrations about your repair case. I managed to pull out your case number using your forum account and by this, allow me to forward this issue to the Management Team for them to respond to your issue via email or phone as soon as possible. Rest assured that this will be sorted out sooner and with ease. I appreciate your support and understanding

Words are easy to write. There seems to be no way to get in touch with this mysterious "management team' and ask them to justify a decision, or even have a real genuine discussion with them.

For all it seems, this management team you're mentioned might not even exist. I've never been able to speak to a manager who didn't turn out to be just another customer representative, plus of course the infamous Stefan Berk, whose name everyone on this forum as there are countless complaints about his conduct.

The service I am getting can be summed up in one quote from one of your representatives: "we don't have to do anything or follow UK laws because that's not in our policy.". Unfortunately looking through cases on this forum, I'm not the only customer who heard it.

2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

idoc Posted at 11-26 02:55
Words are easy to write. There seems to be no way to get in touch with this mysterious "management team' and ask them to justify a decision, or even have a real genuine discussion with them.

For all it seems, this management team you're mentioned might not even exist. I've never been able to speak to a manager who didn't turn out to be just another customer representative, plus of course the infamous Stefan Berk, whose name everyone on this forum as there are countless complaints about his conduct.

Hi, we've pushed the team and they will contact you at the earliest convenience time. Please wait patiently. I appreciate your support and patience.
2019-11-26
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm not going to be holding my breath.

'The team' is too vague for the money I've paid for this equipment and so far whoever I spoke to, even in different cases has disappointed and I don't believe it's going to suddenly change
2019-11-26
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Good thing I didn't hold my breath. No other teams have contacted me.

What instead happened, is that although DJI now recognizes that I am owed 2 batteries, the agent I am speaking to insists that I 'cooperate' and agree to give up one battery. The agent isn't providing any justification for his request, and quite frankly, I think it's rich asking me to cooperate when it's DJI who hasn't been cooperating for a year.

While this is shocking, the agent asked also asked me to remove this post in return for the batteries, I guess because DJI doesn't want you to know how it handles feedback: So, Here's a screenshot

Capture10.PNG
2019-12-4
Use props
Quico De la Vega
New

Spain

Hola idoc
yo ahora estoy en el mismo problema...mandé el dron con tres baterías por un fallo sin motivo aparente y ahora me dicen que fue debido a un accidente, que pague 119€ de reemplazo...me da miedo soltar más dinero para que me llegue el dron en el mismo estado y sin las tres baterías...las cuales se rompieron al intentar actualizarlo mediante el assintant 2 de DJI...una vergüenza se servicio...
2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Quico De la Vega Posted at 2-19 11:23
Hola idoc
yo ahora estoy en el mismo problema...mandé el dron con tres baterías por un fallo sin motivo aparente y ahora me dicen que fue debido a un accidente, que pague 119€ de reemplazo...me da miedo soltar más dinero para que me llegue el dron en el mismo estado y sin las tres baterías...las cuales se rompieron al intentar actualizarlo mediante el assintant 2 de DJI...una vergüenza se servicio...

We have replied to your post here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=209076 Please keep us updated there so that we are able to keep following up.
2020-2-19
Use props
fansf0a89141
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17470771 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2019-11-25 08:27

Typical cookie cutter reply, if dji was so sorry they're wouldn't be this reply so many times on this forum or emails. You would admit your faults as I see most pilots here do when they make a mistake ,I said most not all. However when you see on OST after post of certain issues like battery issues or remote issues over and over again and their all the same situation yet dji denies the problem as long as the can and maybe sneak out a firmware update rectifying said issue. However countless amounts of people have need had over because dji would not ait there was a problem in the first place so they lost there aircraft. Takes a big, moral,company to admit they made a mistake but thats one I would purchase from for a lifetime  I don't even know where dji lands on this no where near the mark.
2021-6-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansf0a89141 Posted at 6-26 15:01
Typical cookie cutter reply, if dji was so sorry they're wouldn't be this reply so many times on this forum or emails. You would admit your faults as I see most pilots here do when they make a mistake ,I said most not all. However when you see on OST after post of certain issues like battery issues or remote issues over and over again and their all the same situation yet dji denies the problem as long as the can and maybe sneak out a firmware update rectifying said issue. However countless amounts of people have need had over because dji would not ait there was a problem in the first place so they lost there aircraft. Takes a big, moral,company to admit they made a mistake but thats one I would purchase from for a lifetime  I don't even know where dji lands on this no where near the mark.

We're worried about reading your feedback. We need a little more information to understand what’s going on in relation to your observation. If you may kindly provide us any relevant ticket or case number (CAS) for our reference. Keep us posted and we'll get back to you at the soonest time possible.
2021-6-26
Use props
djiuser_Ay4UeSaOQDH4
New
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 6-26 15:38
We're worried about reading your feedback. We need a little more information to understand what’s going on in relation to your observation. If you may kindly provide us any relevant ticket or case number (CAS) for our reference. Keep us posted and we'll get back to you at the soonest time possible.

Hi,
I have owned a Mavic mini for 10 months/17 flights. During a flight no more than 40 days ago, the gimbal got stuck whilst in video mode, making the drone extremely unstable. I attempted recalibration, both manual and automatic, and made another 6 very short flights to see whether the issue continued, then sent it in for repairs.
Customer care claims that, even though there is video evidence of the issue occurring mid flight (pre and post), there is proof of hard crash which makes them the eventual repairs completely on my account, with no warranty coverage. There has been NO crash of ANY type, hard or soft, and the video clearly shows a properly functioning drone abruptly experiencing issues midair. But, engineers found evidence of a crash which never occurred…
I feel cheated out of my legal rights as a customer and feel disrespected by the blatant attempt to shift the blame, as many others in this forum apparently. Why should I pay for something I NEVER did? DJI needs to step up!
2021-7-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_Ay4UeSaOQDH4 Posted at 7-28 21:41
Hi,
I have owned a Mavic mini for 10 months/17 flights. During a flight no more than 40 days ago, the gimbal got stuck whilst in video mode, making the drone extremely unstable. I attempted recalibration, both manual and automatic, and made another 6 very short flights to see whether the issue continued, then sent it in for repairs.
Customer care claims that, even though there is video evidence of the issue occurring mid flight (pre and post), there is proof of hard crash which makes them the eventual repairs completely on my account, with no warranty coverage. There has been NO crash of ANY type, hard or soft, and the video clearly shows a properly functioning drone abruptly experiencing issues midair. But, engineers found evidence of a crash which never occurred…

Hello, there. Sorry to hear your story. We have checked your case and confirmed that there was indeed a damage on the gimbal. We also understand what your claims are. We will escalated your case to the designated team and they will handle your case
2021-7-28
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

You should probably work on your promptness. It's only been 612 days since I posted this message @DJI Wanda.
2021-7-29
Use props
idoc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

djiuser_Ay4UeSaOQDH4, How long has it been since you've sent the item for repair?

2021-7-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

idoc Posted at 7-29 01:18
You should probably work on your promptness. It's only been 612 days since I posted this message @DJI Wanda.

Hello, idoc. Sorry for the inconvenience. I have checked all your cases before. The last and best resolution we could offer failed as you hadn't responded to our representatives and our compensation of the free battery of Mavic Pro seemed that could not compete with the one you required for Mavic 2 Pro. We are so sorry that we can only compensate for the battery of the drone which you created a case. As the controversial data analysis result you mentioned, we deeply apologize that we can not cover the damage caused by the pilot error. Our supervisors indeed had tried and talked to you previously, they could not reach out to you by the end because of your requests to de-escalate the case. Any inconvenience and misleading caused by the procedure are regretful. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules