Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Advanced - no video feed on remote/ipad
1657 8 2019-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asperber
New

United States

Hi! I have a P3A that I sent back to DJI for repairs. They quoted me almost $400 to fix my drone that has never been in a crash. I have no video signal on my phone, it shows a black screen, BUT the gimbal control works fine.

Any suggestions on how to repair this myself for less? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This seems to be a known issue on the P3's, but DJI is trying to charge me a ton to fix it!!!
2019-11-25
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Must have been an expensive board and maybe other things, plus two hrs labor probably.
2019-11-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Can you please advise what model iPad you have?
2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your unit. It is not suggested to do a self-repair to avoid any further issues in case we miss anything that may affect the full performance of the unit. Also, doing a self-repair will void your manufacturer's warranty. It is recommended to send in the device for the repair service, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us.

2019-11-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... sistant-tool.77073/

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... 33487/#post-1350091

Good luck
2019-11-25
Use props
asperber
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-25 14:30
I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your unit. It is not suggested to do a self-repair to avoid any further issues in case we miss anything that may affect the full performance of the unit. Also, doing a self-repair will void your manufacturer's warranty. It is recommended to send in the device for the repair service, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us.

I DID send it in for repair.  You claimed it's OUT OF WARRANTY even though it barely has any use.  Because of that you quoted me $400 to fix it.  That was after the "discount" they gave me.   Why would I buy another DJI product going forward?
2019-11-30
Use props
asperber
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 11-25 13:56
Can you please advise what model iPad you have?

Well I have an android S9+ and my old Nexus Tablet i use with it.  I have to check which ipad it is.

I did replace the SD card in the unit to see if that fixed it.  Any suggestions?
2019-11-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

asperber Posted at 11-30 10:16
Well I have an android S9+ and my old Nexus Tablet i use with it.  I have to check which ipad it is.

I did replace the SD card in the unit to see if that fixed it.  Any suggestions?

If it is an older iPad, it may possibly not work, as the DJI Go application now demands more power and resources than the older version. You may need to get a newer display, but I would also suggest you try a new cable connecting the RC unit and the device.
2019-11-30
Use props
Nic72
lvl.1
United Kingdom

asperber Posted at 11-30 10:13
I DID send it in for repair.  You claimed it's OUT OF WARRANTY even though it barely has any use.  Because of that you quoted me $400 to fix it.  That was after the "discount" they gave me.   Why would I buy another DJI product going forward?

I have never crashed my Phantom 3 Professional, but I had to send it to Holland from the U.K for repair, cost £200.
The mistake I made, and will not make again, I let my drone sit idle for a few months without starting it, now I boot it up at least once every 3 weeks and connect it to the App even if I don't take it out for a flight.
2019-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules