Mavic Pro Platinum VS Mavic air..differences
626 5 2019-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimbo41158
lvl.1
Canada

Hi..Would like to ask for some advice...I have owned a Mavic Air for about 6 months now and have a good handle on it. I recently purchased the Mavic Pro Platinum and have flown it about 3-4 times now.

Tonight I flew it for a little while (trying to see what settings I like best). Now it was very dark, and as normal, it told warned me of obstacle avoidance is not working due to lack of light..Now,  the temp. was about 41 degrees F. and the wind was 8 MPH. Not too bad...When I started the Mavic up, I raised it to about 10 ft. I noticed it was not stable (with 14 satellites) it started lowering to about 3 feet and slowly raised itself to 8 and eventually 10 feet...drifting side to side was not as bad. Another thing I noticed, was that when I landed it, I felt it really sunk like a rock, hitting the ground much harder than I’m used to. ...Now when my Mavic Air goes down it lowers itself to about 3 feet and even with the left stick all the way down, it slowly lands….The Mavic P. hit the ground quite rough. It didn’t crash, but I found it quite quick. Is this because the sensors don't work at night?

I know the Mavic P. is a superior craft to the Air. Even when you raise it from a liftoff, I notice that it’s much faster and (I think) more reactive.. Is this normal for the Mavic P. ?  Is it drifting because it’s night time? I don’t recall my M.A. doing this at night. Or is it because I’m not used to the Mavic P. yet? If you need a video, I’ll be glad to supply one.  Thanks in advance...Jimbo

2019-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have a Mavic Pro (first one) but I don't see this kind of behaviour myself.
How is it during daytime?
2019-11-25
Use props
Mountaindrone-Dronefocus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

You need a minimum of visibility to operate VPS (visual positioning system).
VPS is the only system to stabilize the drone at low altitude, where vertical movement does visually very significant.
By night, put some light in your landing area.
2019-11-25
Use props
Jimbo41158
lvl.1
United States

thanks for the reply......I was not aware of that....Are all the DJI drones similiar??
2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to the the Mavic Pro Platinum issue. I would recommend please try to do a Compass Calibration to isolate the issue. For more details for the DJI Mavic Pro  Platinum and Mavic AIr. I will be posting a link ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav  ) where you check the specification of each unit. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-11-26
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Jimbo41158, I have only flown my MPP about 8 to 10 times, all in daylight hours.  All the landings have been slowly and smooth, also I really like the way it hovers, with just a small adjusting when a wind comes along.  All flight movements are smooth, except when I jerk the controls  Fly it as often as you can.
2019-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules