SD card problem (malfunction, code 10023)
12Next >
65351 44 2019-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cjffly
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I am having some issue with the SD card. Both the air system and the controller are upto the lastest firmware. I format a Samsung EVO 32G card (FAT32) and put it on the mini. When the mini is connect to the DJI fly app (on android), it says SD card malfunction. Change card. (Code:10023).

Then I reboot the air system, and reconnect the app, now it says sd card space found, you can now use sd card to store video, etc. This happend many times, you don't know when the sd card is recogonized by the air system. And it is random.

2nd problem is when the mavic mini did find the sd card, and recording a video in the air, sometimes the app will note you sd card malfunction again. However, when I landed and take out the card to check the recorded video (1080p@60Hz), the video file is good and complete, not interruptted.

Could this be the physical card reader on the mini failed or loose?

Best
C.J.

2019-11-25
Use props
fansa029aa8c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568340 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it a plain EVO which is orangish colored, an EVO Select, Evo + or EVO Plus as I know the plain EVO card is U1 and pretty slow. When I tested the plain EVO most write speeds were under 10 MBytes/s. I would recommend getting a uSD card that is recommended for use in the MM and then see what issues you have.
2019-11-25
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

I use a SanDisk 128GB Extreme MicroSDXC UHS-I  C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD. This thing is fast I haven't had any problems as of yet
2019-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Mavic Mini has cause. For the said issue, please try to do a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2.  If possible please try a different recommended SD card to isolate the issue. In addition I will be posting an image for the recommended SD card for the DJI Mavic Mini. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-11-26
Use props
cjffly
lvl.1

United States

Thanks all,

I did change a new card, Sandisk Extreme pro v30 A2 and the problem is gone. Thanks for the help!

Best
2019-11-27
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

cjffly Posted at 11-27 10:33
Thanks all,

I did change a new card, Sandisk Extreme pro v30 A2 and the problem is gone. Thanks for the help!

Glad to hear it! Good luck and happy flying!
2019-11-28
Use props
Digilef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155387 ft
Greece

I have tried all these ones and the same problem . What kind of problem is that ?
IMG_20191222_195151.jpg
Screenshot_20191222-195432.jpg
Screenshot_20191222-195426.jpg
2019-12-22
Use props
fans3153c773
New
Brazil

Digilef Posted at 12-22 09:56
I have tried all these ones and the same problem . What kind of problem is that ?

também estou com o mesmo problema com mavic mini usando cartão sandisk ultra 128gb xc 1.

I am also having the same problem with mavic mini using sandisk card ultra 128gb xc 1.
2019-12-26
Use props
dejacodon
New

Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-26 12:31
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble that your DJI Mavic Mini has cause. For the said issue, please try to do a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2.  If possible please try a different recommended SD card to isolate the issue. In addition I will be posting an image for the recommended SD card for the DJI Mavic Mini. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Paladin,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I still have the same problem with those peoples above. Please support me how to fix this problem with my Mavic mini
My SD Card is still good and can work with the other devices or PC. I tried to format SD card with the other devices or PC but it's still cannot work with Mavic mini.

2019-12-29
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I'd only format it in the device I use the ad card with.
I had that prob in the beginning, but ok with a listed card
2019-12-29
Use props
gebič
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34245 ft
Czechia

Digilef Posted at 12-22 09:56
I have tried all these ones and the same problem . What kind of problem is that ?

I use this card exactly. Works 100%! Format Fat 32!

2019-12-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dejacodon Posted at 12-29 12:00
Hi Paladin,

Thank you for your suggestion. However, I still have the same problem with those peoples above. Please support me how to fix this problem with my Mavic mini

Hi, I am sorry to know that the issue still persists. I would recommend to please try formatting the SD card to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_kqgie51GvF42
New
Thailand

Hello I have the same problem constantly. I use SanDisk extreme pro 128g a2 etc and I have formatted the card on the drone and on the computer numerous times. I still always get this error. Sometimes I have to start the video 10 or more times as it stops automatically after a few seconds. What else could this problem be?  My mini is only a few days old and I'm irritated
2020-1-5
Use props
djiuser_RB4AFeIbGOkA
New

Estonia

djiuser_kqgie51GvF42 Posted at 1-5 03:22
Hello I have the same problem constantly. I use SanDisk extreme pro 128g a2 etc and I have formatted the card on the drone and on the computer numerous times. I still always get this error. Sometimes I have to start the video 10 or more times as it stops automatically after a few seconds. What else could this problem be?  My mini is only a few days old and I'm irritated

I have exactly the same problem . I hope we find solution here!
2020-1-6
Use props
Packrafter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47507 ft
United States

I had the same issue, I'm using a Sandisk Ultra 32GB card. I tried multiple formats, both using my computer and the DJI Fly app, neither fixed it. Eventually I checked the DJI Fly App, which needed an update. After I did that the error went away and my pictures are saving correctly again.
2020-1-15
Use props
djiuser_UZz9CLVLgnEB
New
Flight distance : 11444 ft
United Kingdom

Hiya, I also have the same problem with the sd card being unavailable, I've tried 2 different cards and formatted both on a pc as the mini wouldn't do it, after format card it will work for 1 video then becomes unavailable again very frustrating and dissapointing,,all firmware up to date, any help would be appreciated
2020-1-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UZz9CLVLgnEB Posted at 1-19 11:31
Hiya, I also have the same problem with the sd card being unavailable, I've tried 2 different cards and formatted both on a pc as the mini wouldn't do it, after format card it will work for 1 video then becomes unavailable again very frustrating and dissapointing,,all firmware up to date, any help would be appreciated

if your mini will not format the micros card I wouldn't expect that particular microsd card to work properly in the mini.  even if you get it to work sometimes, you could never be sure.  until the mini will format that card, I wouldn't use it.  perhaps you can format the card another way and then see if the mini will reformat it properly?
2020-1-19
Use props
djiuser_UZz9CLVLgnEB
New
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 1-19 11:40
if your mini will not format the micros card I wouldn't expect that particular microsd card to work properly in the mini.  even if you get it to work sometimes, you could never be sure.  until the mini will format that card, I wouldn't use it.  perhaps you can format the card another way and then see if the mini will reformat it properly?

I've formatted both cards on the pc then straight back to the mini to format, but still wouldn't do it,
2020-1-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UZz9CLVLgnEB Posted at 1-19 11:54
I've formatted both cards on the pc then straight back to the mini to format, but still wouldn't do it,

sorry I mean format the card in a different format and see if the mini will recognize it to the point where you can (re)format the card in the mini.

im not the expert on this but this has happened to me before.  the camera wouldn't recognize the card because of the way it was formatted on the pc.  change the way it is formatted on the pc (to one of the other options, doesn't matter what it is), and then for some reason, the camera was able to handle the re-formatting process.

don't know, it's worth a try I guess.
2020-1-19
Use props
djiuser_UZz9CLVLgnEB
New
United Kingdom

I'll try what you have suggested, fingers crossed, many thanks for your help
2020-1-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The Saint Posted at 1-19 12:44
sorry I mean format the card in a different format and see if the mini will recognize it to the point where you can (re)format the card in the mini.

im not the expert on this but this has happened to me before.  the camera wouldn't recognize the card because of the way it was formatted on the pc.  change the way it is formatted on the pc (to one of the other options, doesn't matter what it is), and then for some reason, the camera was able to handle the re-formatting process.

This happens quite a lot, and The Saint is right, ONLY format the card in the aircraft, because the aircraft knows what format to use. Formatting in a computer means you have to choose the right format, and you may get it wrong.
2020-1-19
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3300653 ft
United States

Same issue here--NO VIDEO!!! I've tried formatting the Sandisk in the computer and in the DJI Fly app, but still get the same error. The DJI Fly app must be doing a Quick Format because it's done in < 3 seconds. What file system does it use I wonder, FAT 32 or exFAT? FAT32 can only store a 4GB file which should be plenty large enough for a pretty long video, but not large enough for a very long video. I'm upgrading my memory card and will find out if that fixes the problem. My current Sandisk only does 11MB/sec, according to Crystle Disk Mark.
2020-3-3
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Although Samsung EVO Plus cards on 32G and 64G+ are the same, but on 32G it is U1, and on 64G and above it is U3, for MM you need cards corresponding to U3!
2020-3-3
Use props
gmask
New

Greece

when I insert my micro SD card in the slot, the sign SD card unavailable appears on the screen. I have a SanDisK 64GB extreme XC 1. Is there something I can do, before I buy a new card from the recommended list?
2020-3-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gmask Posted at 3-26 11:50
when I insert my micro SD card in the slot, the sign SD card unavailable appears on the screen. I have a SanDisK 64GB extreme XC 1. Is there something I can do, before I buy a new card from the recommended list?

not sure what that error message means but you can try to reformat the microSD card while it is in the drone.
2020-3-26
Use props
gmask
New

Greece

I have formatted the SD card in exFAT. After reinsertion, the same error message remains:SD card unavailable. Unable to format in the DJI Fly App, because it is not recognised. Frustrated. Any thoughts?
2020-3-27
Use props
GianluigiG92
New
Flight distance : 308 ft
Italy

The same problem. I activated my new mavic mini today. I bought a micro sd today, from those supported in the manual (Samsung EVO Plus 64 GB); I inserted it into the drone and recorded for 35 seconds, then the error 10023 for the micro sd came out; the first 35 seconds are saved correctly then nothing. I formatted the micro sd card and tried again, but nothing; I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and updated the firmware, but still nothing. How can I solve the problem since I had specifically bought this micro sd because it was supported? Please help!
2020-5-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GianluigiG92 Posted at 5-12 14:53
The same problem. I activated my new mavic mini today. I bought a micro sd today, from those supported in the manual (Samsung EVO Plus 64 GB); I inserted it into the drone and recorded for 35 seconds, then the error 10023 for the micro sd came out; the first 35 seconds are saved correctly then nothing. I formatted the micro sd card and tried again, but nothing; I downloaded DJI Assistant 2 and updated the firmware, but still nothing. How can I solve the problem since I had specifically bought this micro sd because it was supported? Please help!

The best advice you can be given is to buy a new Sandisk Extreme Pro card and it should work just fine. The Samsung cards will or will not work depending upon which version you buy.
2020-5-12
Use props
PhantomPil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

There's a lot of counterfeit microSD in circulation, don't buy cheap. Buy from reputable source.
2020-5-12
Use props
djiuser_7pcXvr0Bz0it
New

Estonia

Same problem with Samsung EVO Plus MB-MC256G 256GB card
2020-5-18
Use props
joe_joe123
New
Flight distance : 34052 ft
Germany

Is there a solution to that problem yet? I´ve tried several cards now and lost a lot of footage. Always the same again: formatting the card with the aircraft, works fine - if I switch off the aircraft once to change the battery, it won´t recognize the sd card anymore- and all data is gone. Please provide a solution. I´ll return the aircraft otherwise.
2020-6-1
Use props
joe_joe123
New
Flight distance : 34052 ft
Germany

djiuser_kqgie51GvF42 Posted at 1-5 03:22
Hello I have the same problem constantly. I use SanDisk extreme pro 128g a2 etc and I have formatted the card on the drone and on the computer numerous times. I still always get this error. Sometimes I have to start the video 10 or more times as it stops automatically after a few seconds. What else could this problem be?  My mini is only a few days old and I'm irritated

same here. totally frustrating - did you find a solution?
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_hID786jEdJZc
New

Mexico

hello friend cjffly tengl exactly the same problem with my mavic mini (error 10023) I already tried to format my memory and I updated my firmware and nothing I am desperate could you show me a photo of the sd card that you bought and with which you solved the error I would be very grateful  or at least they would advise my email is luis.q.silva@hotmail.com
2020-7-25
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

PhantomPil Posted at 5-12 15:19
There's a lot of counterfeit microSD in circulation, don't buy cheap. Buy from reputable source.

That is a very good point.  There are SD card speed test software available for your computer.  Test the card you are using to see if it REALLY meets spec.  Personally I have two 128GB SanDisk cards - one bought from WalMart and the other from Amazon.  Both are U3 speed rated cards and both work fine in my Mini.  I paid something in the $30 - $35 for each.  If you find a similar card for $10 - it's likely counterfeit.

BTW, for my first day of flying, I was using a class 10 rated card I had laying around, and that did NOT work reliably.
2020-7-26
Use props
LexMortis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5617 ft
Germany

I have a bunch of U3, 128GB Samsung EVO and EVO Plus (DJI Recommended) cards I use regularly without ANY problems to record 4K footage with my Gopro.
Only with Mini I am randomly but regularly getting these errors:

This causes Mini to stop recording but after max. 20 seconds it works again.

I am not sure what to think about it.
2020-8-22
Use props
djiuser_zSLo0o9Y57xm
lvl.1

Italy

joe_joe123 Posted at 2020-6-1 12:48
same here. totally frustrating - did you find a solution?

find on YouTube "Mavic Pro SD Card Error Fix" and try, also works with Mavic Mini, format SD with camera, then put in drone and format again.
2021-1-7
Use props
djiuser_wWW02T3tgD7Q
New
United Kingdom

djiuser_zSLo0o9Y57xm Posted at 1-7 13:44
find on YouTube "Mavic Pro SD Card Error Fix" and try, also works with Mavic Mini, format SD with camera, then put in drone and format again.

Have been having this problem for a while now, link above did not work for me. Will consider buying the SD card which people claim works.
2021-2-5
Use props
Sergiohbecker
New

Brazil

achei! eu sou do Brasil, clique nos botões para visualizar suas midias pelo controle remoto com o cartão sd inserido na aeronave, apague todas as mídias, selecione todas e apague! Vai voltar a funcionar normal
2021-4-8
Use props
chrisel83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183041 ft
United States

I have the same issue. It happened right after I formatted the card on my iMac. I'm not sure what happened but the card stopped working and I would get this type of error even after formatting to EXFAT.
2021-5-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

chrisel83 Posted at 5-6 16:46
I have the same issue. It happened right after I formatted the card on my iMac. I'm not sure what happened but the card stopped working and I would get this type of error even after formatting to EXFAT.

Format the card in the aircraft, do not format it in a PC, Mac or anything else.
2021-5-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules