[HardwareIssue] Downward vision sensor error
14855 23 2019-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OhAe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147812 ft
Thailand

I got message while flying (Downward vision sensor error Code:180016  ) no crash or fall before, all the thing I can do with myself is factory reset or re-calibrate sensor but DJI Assistant2 can't do this.

additional information when I try to connect Mavic Mini sometimes working properly but most fail message appear.

any help or advise please, thank you.
2019-11-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Where was the flight? Water?
2019-11-26
Use props
OhAe
lvl.1
Thailand

InspektorGadjet Posted at 11-26 01:35
Where was the flight? Water?

on the land above my village up to 40m height
2019-11-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

OhAe Posted at 11-26 01:59
on the land above my village up to 40m height

Did you have enough GPS signal?
I suppose you should post your fly logs so users can have a look, also send it to DJI support.
2019-11-26
Use props
OhAe
lvl.1
Thailand

InspektorGadjet Posted at 11-26 02:02
Did you have enough GPS signal?
I suppose you should post your fly logs so users can have a look, also send it to DJI support.

fly logs thank for your advise.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ru9EXHvmbuqgN9OW8ZZ7X3kQrSIAOHWG/view?usp=sharing
2019-11-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

OhAe Posted at 11-26 02:14
fly logs thank for your advise.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ru9EXHvmbuqgN9OW8ZZ7X3kQrSIAOHWG/view?usp=sharing

I'm glad it helped, I'm not experienced enough to read log files, but plenty of users here are top in that, so I'm sure somebody will have a look and tell you.
2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to the Downward Vision Sensor error. I would recommend please try to do a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 on the said drone to isolate the issue. In addition, I will be posting an image for more details about the DJI Mavic Mini's Downwards sensor. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2019-11-26
Use props
djiuser_lXGTyaPJQePk
New

United States

Hey OhAe, I tried all the potential fixes and none worked.  My Mini was defective, before its first flight.  Sent it back for replacement and the new Mini should arrive soon. Hope that helps.
2019-11-26
Use props
Intrudaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46414 ft
Mauritius

Hi! I have having the same exact issue. No crash or fall or bumping into something. Bought the drone 2 weeks ago and on my fourth flight drone will not take off. With downward vision sensor and camera malfunction. Seems like DJI is selling defect products
2019-12-20
Use props
Intrudaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46414 ft
Mauritius

Hi! I have having the same exact issue. No crash or fall or bumping into something. Bought the drone 2 weeks ago and on my fourth flight drone will not take off. With downward vision sensor and camera malfunction. Seems like DJI is selling defect products
2019-12-20
Use props
Janios
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37113 ft
Chile

El mismo error por acá, no se como arreglarlo.
2020-1-20
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Post fly logs to "phantom help website" so users can have a look.
Is it foggy?
2020-1-20
Use props
alphabet25frontier.com
New

United States

Intrudaz Posted at 2019-12-20 18:14

My Mini did not work from day one. Same errors....sensors and camera malfunction. Not at all happy. I ran updates and still have the same problems. Never flew it once. I feel like I wasted my money
2020-5-16
Use props
Dr. Alex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156916 ft
Bulgaria

I had the same problem, seems to be hardware problem and your drone has to be replaced.
2020-5-17
Use props
fanscbdd9b4a
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-11-26 09:49
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to the Downward Vision Sensor error. I would recommend please try to do a firmware refresh using the DJI Assistant 2 on the said drone to isolate the issue. In addition, I will be posting an image for more details about the DJI Mavic Mini's Downwards sensor. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

And how do you sort the same problem for the Mavic 2 Pro? You certainly do not want to upgrade to the latest firmware as that causes the problem, so how do you get rid of it? It quite painful waiting for a drone to land talking 10 seconds per meter or stopping completely.
2020-6-6
Use props
djiuser_LmZqfoqKmAnU
New

United States

Had 1 flight and then downward vision error when I tried for 2nd. No crash hard landing etc.
2020-6-17
Use props
djiuser_Sh6XsnuNtLzm
New
Flight distance : 157641 ft
India

180020 downward sensor error. DJI assistant 2 dosent have option to calibrate vision sensor. Please advise how to resolve the issue. Tried it wen I had full GPS signal.
2020-7-25
Use props
djiuser_4Ljz8Cqepy9P
New

Philippines

DOWNWARD SENSOR ISSUE CODE: 180020
no update can fix this or downgrade.
I realize it might be the cause of battery heat that affect the sensors permanent malfucntioning.
2020-7-26
Use props
dji user brazil
lvl.1

Brazil

I have the same issue. I have bought a Mavic Mini for about 2 months. I already tried to downgrade and upgrade on the app (Assistant 2 for Mavic). So,
I still have a problem with Dji.
2020-10-28
Use props
djiuser_FxcZPmIYYCXY
New
Flight distance : 144757 ft
Mexico

Yo tengo el mismo problema, cuando esta a dos metros de distancia del suelo se desconecta del control y hace movimientos buscos y baja al césped solo, no se que hacer
2020-10-30
Use props
djiuser_QGY15nRe0dPF
New

United States

Found a fix for the Mavic Mini & Mini 2 gimbal "super shake". I've had the Mini 2 for about a week with no more than about 6 flights. Today, after powering it on, it gave me a "downward facing sensor error" and started shaking the gimbal uncontrollably. Up down, left and right, the camera/gimbal had a mind of its own and looked like a Home Depot paint shaker. I tried everything from restarting the drone, the controller, the app including my actual tablet. Also tried doing multiple gimbal recalibrations inside the app to no avail. It just stopped at 10% calibration. Yes, I do have the latest firmware. So as instructed, I opened up an online service request and was instructed to send the Mini 2 back to tech support. But just as a test, I tried powering up the Mini 2 while holding it about a foot off the ground. Presto!! it worked fine, no gimbal shake and no "downward vision sensor error" message. So far so good. So if anyone has this same issue, try powering your Mavic Mini or Mini 2 while holding it about 12 inches off any surface and hopefully this will sort out any of these issues.
2020-11-16
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

djiuser_QGY15nRe0dPF Posted at 11-16 17:11
Found a fix for the Mavic Mini & Mini 2 gimbal "super shake". I've had the Mini 2 for about a week with no more than about 6 flights. Today, after powering it on, it gave me a "downward facing sensor error" and started shaking the gimbal uncontrollably. Up down, left and right, the camera/gimbal had a mind of its own and looked like a Home Depot paint shaker. I tried everything from restarting the drone, the controller, the app including my actual tablet. Also tried doing multiple gimbal recalibrations inside the app to no avail. It just stopped at 10% calibration. Yes, I do have the latest firmware. So as instructed, I opened up an online service request and was instructed to send the Mini 2 back to tech support. But just as a test, I tried powering up the Mini 2 while holding it about a foot off the ground. Presto!! it worked fine, no gimbal shake and no "downward vision sensor error" message. So far so good. So if anyone has this same issue, try powering your Mavic Mini or Mini 2 while holding it about 12 inches off any surface and hopefully this will sort out any of these issues.

Nice! Never seen/ heard till now, but, good work!
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_eDJp10D3l0Sm
New
Flight distance : 1604 ft
Russia

djiuser_QGY15nRe0dPF Posted at 2020-11-16 17:11
Found a fix for the Mavic Mini & Mini 2 gimbal "super shake". I've had the Mini 2 for about a week with no more than about 6 flights. Today, after powering it on, it gave me a "downward facing sensor error" and started shaking the gimbal uncontrollably. Up down, left and right, the camera/gimbal had a mind of its own and looked like a Home Depot paint shaker. I tried everything from restarting the drone, the controller, the app including my actual tablet. Also tried doing multiple gimbal recalibrations inside the app to no avail. It just stopped at 10% calibration. Yes, I do have the latest firmware. So as instructed, I opened up an online service request and was instructed to send the Mini 2 back to tech support. But just as a test, I tried powering up the Mini 2 while holding it about a foot off the ground. Presto!! it worked fine, no gimbal shake and no "downward vision sensor error" message. So far so good. So if anyone has this same issue, try powering your Mavic Mini or Mini 2 while holding it about 12 inches off any surface and hopefully this will sort out any of these issues.

This step actually helped me I though, I did what was just described and it worked fine for the first time and did not work since after, DJI if you can read this message, I'm really curious why am I supposed to suffer from this? And who will compensate the ruined hoiday I have with this not working drone?
2021-4-14
Use props
Luciusinf
New

Indonesia

Guys,
I had my mavic mini submerged in water for one minute. I held it in rice and by some miracle it worked, just had minor downward sensor error, that it sometimes felt that it was close to the ground, but it did not impair flight and video, I could counter it from the remote. One day I had 180020 downward vision sensor error. I tried every method mentioned here , and on other forums and nothing worked, except calibration with assistant. But i did not even need that. I just powered on my drone and held it upside down (belly up) and it worked. hope it helps.
2022-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules