Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ND Filters..what shutter speed MM will use?
1388 7 2019-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heavenone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Everybody perhaps knows if you fly at a sunny day with the mavic mini and you pan slowly in Cine
nevertheless the video pans 'stuttering' (not fluid), because of a very high shutter speed which cannot be changed manually(unfortunately).

Help could be ND Filters which already exists for the mavic mini.
Now my question at DJI:
How mavic mini will change 'shutterspeed' and - or better not:  'ISO' ?
Perfecct would be (like we know) to change only shutterspeed and as we know too:
to a value of  1/120 if we use 1080 /p60......1/100 if we use 1080/p50
and 1/60 if we use 2.7k 30p.........1/50 if we use 2.7k 25p
so we will have very smooth pans by using the correct ND filters.

I think this will be very easy to handle with the software..or perhaps is already like that?

2019-11-26
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

My guess is that right now the MINI would compensate with aperture and IS, we have to wait to manual video mode, hopefully DJI will implement in next FW update.
2019-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My best guess:
Just like any other DJI drone in auto mode does.
Lowering the shutterspeed until it can't anymore.
After that it starts raising the ISO.

2019-11-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you put for instance a ND 16 to lower shutter speed to twice FPS IE 60fps if at any time your flying sun goes behind cloud iso will rise causing real noise in your video, getting you shutter speed to twice the FPS rate is only necessary if you are shooting something with motion in it, other than that it’s not really necessary, for this drone I would not recommend Nd filters unless you absolutely feel you need them .
2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank your for reaching out to DJI Forum. Your query and suggestions are very important to us. This recommendation has been forwarded to our DJI R&D department for further attention. For the latest updates for the DJI Mavic Mini and with DJI. Kindly please visit our official website at ( www.dji.com ) for more details. Thank you for your great support and understanding.
2019-11-28
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-26 02:10
If you put for instance a ND 16 to lower shutter speed to twice FPS IE 60fps if at any time your flying sun goes behind cloud iso will rise causing real noise in your video, getting you shutter speed to twice the FPS rate is only necessary if you are shooting something with motion in it, other than that it’s not really necessary, for this drone I would not recommend Nd filters unless you absolutely feel you need them .

I use everytime ND Filters with mavic 2 pro and mavic air drones.
AND important for fluid movements is 50p or 60p!!!!! (unfortunately only at 1080, not at 2.7k)
A lot of posted videos are filmed at 25p/30p and movements would be more fluid
and so much better, with 50p or 60p.
Additionally using ND Filters with 180 degrees rule, you have a cinematographic look.
But till now there is a possibility to use ND with mavic mini and hope shutter speed will fit:
use EV  VALUES to optimate exposure and then: LOCK AE!
So nothing more happens with wrong exposure.
If there would be a shutter value displayed on screen, you could optimise shutter
to a fitting value (1/60 /1/120) by changing ND filters.
So if DJI will give us the 'shutter speed value' in display it would be perfect for using ND FILTERS
and in this way getting much more fluid movement videos.
You can test it now: make a slow pan at sunny day  and the same pan at cloudy day....
you will see big difference in stuttering and fluid movement,
because of different shutter speeds: high at sunny day, low at cloudy day.
2019-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Heavenone Posted at 11-28 23:56
I use everytime ND Filters with mavic 2 pro and mavic air drones.
AND important for fluid movements is 50p or 60p!!!!! (unfortunately only at 1080, not at 2.7k)
A lot of posted videos are filmed at 25p/30p and movements would be more fluid

The 180 rule is used to show correct motion blur and that’s basically it , cinematic look you can put down to your talent to film, it has nothing to do with filters.
I think if you video in 2.7k which is half of 4K 25fps much better in 24fps which will come with new FW, if you then scale down to 1080p you should get some nice footage as seen on YT,I have not seen anyone using filters with MM but I have seen some really good footage .

Try this it’s pretty good.

2019-11-29
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 11-29 13:02
The 180 rule is used to show correct motion blur and that’s basically it , cinematic look you can put down to your talent to film, it has nothing to do with filters.
I think if you video in 2.7k which is half of 4K 25fps much better in 24fps which will come with new FW, if you then scale down to 1080p you should get some nice footage as seen on YT,I have not seen anyone using filters with MM but I have seen some really good footage .

Thanks for advices.Its true I saw before buying also a lot of good videos, but only in the USA,
so I live in germany and heard of a lot bader videos of europe than those who was made in USA.
Do not know the reason for it....
My mavic mini is a DoA, Problems with Video...shuttering, photos totaly unsharp,, lens has around lot of rest of glue, gimbal not fixed in the middle
so sometimes the picture makes a heavy jump downwords, MM moves at all ends of videos it do never stay in position if I stop in cine mode... and lots more, all proved by videos and photos.
As a DoP working for television I wanted to use the MM also for broadcast work if i travel abroad.
Now I wait for my exchange new MM and hope it will be OK.
2019-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules