Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hover Issue, Slow loss in low Altitude
865 0 2015-6-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwcooze
lvl.1

Canada

I am having an issue with my P3 hovering.
Previously I would hover in place [outside] with expected accuracy. Now when I bring the P3 up to 15-20 feet there is a slow incremental fall. The DJI app doesn't seem to be recognizing the altitude loss and reports the last hovering height. If I bring the P3 to 15ft it will slowly decline to 5ft in a matter of a couple minutes. Other aspects of flight seem to be okay and if I bring it up to 60-100ft I can't tell if it is slowly dropping.

The only thing I can see is that when I physically point the props edge to edge [when attached to the P3] they all line up with each other, other than one prop. It doesn't line up perfectly to one of the other props. Slightly lower.

All this to say, the issue became apparent after a short fall after a brush with a bush.  
I've Calibrated the IMU and noticed no change.

Can't see any damage to the props. A very very Slight gap in the join between the upper and lower shell near the one rotor.

I'm curious if someone might have suggestons for why the P3 might have an issue with hovering vertically, other than crash damage.
Thanks for your time.

IMG_2018.jpg
IMG_2019.jpg
IMG_2020.jpg
IMG_2021.jpg
IMG_2018.jpg
IMG_2019.jpg
IMG_2020.jpg
IMG_2021.jpg
2015-6-11
Use props
Advanced