Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly compatibility with Xiaomi products
123Next >
74301 111 2019-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emaneg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

Hello experts, apparently just 64-bits CPUs and 64-bits Androids are supporting the Fly app.

Xiaomi redmi note 5 (pretty old device) is told to be working.

What about other Xiaomis, as Redmi note 7?

They are cheap devices, and everybody is willing to buy just cheap devices, as the cell phones we have in pocket, brand new and operating very well, often are not compatible with Fly.

Tks folks
2019-11-26
Use props
o4dn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24524 ft
France

I purchased a brand new Xiaomi Note 8 Pro (64-bits processor and Android 9 64-bits, with 6Gb of RAM) specifically to install DJI Fly to be able to unlock and fly my MAVIC Mini (sigh)  and I'm happy to report that the DJI Fly App seems to work fine as far as I can tell (oh, and the phone is great too!)

I had some trouble calibrating the MAVIC Mini RC (see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202750) but I really doubt this has anything to do with the phone itself or a compatibility issue.

Only thing though, the Xiaomi Note 8 Pro is quite large and hardly fits between the RC handles, but a larger phone also means a larger screen which is good IMHO.

2019-11-26
Use props
PoOlPe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18068 ft
France

Hello,

DJI FLY works perfectly on my XIAOMI MI MIX3.
2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day emaneg. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the mobile device ( Redmi note 7 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. I would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Redmi note 7 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic MIni and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2019-11-26
Use props
zemetras
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14708 ft
Slovakia

MI 9T working as well, but it is pretty new phone despite not being a top class flagship.
2019-11-26
Use props
apetithan
lvl.1

Belgium

Hello,
i'm newhere....
When I'm signed in to my Google Account, my two devices Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite and Nokia 6.1 appear to be compatible with DJI Fly.
The application installs correctly and seems operational. But not having the Mavic Mini yet I do not know if the app will be fully functional. My question :
will the mavic mini drone work with one of these devices?
Thanks for any advice!
2019-11-28
Use props
Bright Spark
First Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Xiaomi mi 9 se works great, though only the mi  8 is on list.
2019-11-29
Use props
Mini User
Second Officer
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite works fine with MM.

hope it will work in the future too, installed the new DJI Fly update and flew a short time indoors and everything stil seems to work fine. i hope they will support this device official.

so you are good to go

will test out the Xiaomi Mi 9 in the upcoming week and will report

2019-11-29
Use props
djiuser_Cbdp9ztHZTlu
New

France

Are the pocophone f1 compatible with the dji mavic mini and the application dji fly ?
Thank
2019-12-1
Use props
djiuser_xriUSQLyiLie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 719 ft
India

I was so relieved when both my Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 pro and Xiaomi Mia1 worked flawlessly with the Dji fly and I am happily flying my mini. Thanks Dji for this beauty.
2019-12-30
Use props
djiuser_M4qI7bkAyRhB
New

Italy

o4dn Posted at 2019-11-26 05:14
I purchased a brand new Xiaomi Note 8 Pro (64-bits processor and Android 9 64-bits, with 6Gb of RAM) specifically to install DJI Fly to be able to unlock and fly my MAVIC Mini (sigh)  and I'm happy to report that the DJI Fly App seems to work fine as far as I can tell (oh, and the phone is great too!)

I had some trouble calibrating the MAVIC Mini RC (see https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202750) but I really doubt this has anything to do with the phone itself or a compatibility issue.

Hi,
I an quite happy to hear you can fly a Mini with Xiaomi Note 8 Pro as I am just about to buy one instead of Samsung S. Are you still happy with it ? Thank you
2020-1-15
Use props
o4dn
Second Officer
France

djiuser_M4qI7bkAyRhB Posted at 1-15 14:08
Hi,
I an quite happy to hear you can fly a Mini with Xiaomi Note 8 Pro as I am just about to buy one instead of Samsung S. Are you still happy with it ? Thank you

Yes, still very pleased, both by the phone itself and the compatibility with the DJI Fly app/Mavic Mini.

Only thing is the phone is fairly large and hardly fits between the RC clamps, but that's not much of a problem, I reckon.
2020-1-21
Use props
djiuser_s5a1ul72coS3
New

Russia

o4dn Posted at 2019-11-26 05:14

Can you kindly send me photo of how 8 Pro fitc RC for Mavic Mini?

zanskar@mail.ru

I want to buy this smartphone for MM and would like to be sure it fits perfectly)

Tanks a lot and good flights!

Vladimir
2020-1-22
Use props
djiuser_bspCaGpYXt0P
lvl.1
France

Hello :-)

I have the Xiaomi note 7 imported from China, seems to work flawlessly.

Hope that helps.
2020-1-22
Use props
emaneg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1591 ft
Italy

djiuser_bspCaGpYXt0P Posted at 1-22 04:46
Hello :-)

I have the Xiaomi note 7 imported from China, seems to work flawlessly.

Mine is European, and works perfectly (... so far!)
2020-1-22
Use props
o4dn
Second Officer
France

djiuser_s5a1ul72coS3 Posted at 1-22 04:22
Can you kindly send me photo of how 8 Pro fitc RC for Mavic Mini?

Sure, there you go:

2020-1-27
Use props
Massimoto
New

Germany

Bright Spark Posted at 2019-11-29 00:16
Xiaomi mi 9 se works great, though only the mi  8 is on list.

Hello, I can not get a connection from my Smart Corntroller to my Xiaomi Mi 9. How do you solve it? I can get get a connection with my old Honor 8 phone but that is not a long term solution. Is there any solution to fix it with the Xiaomi Mi 9? Thanks and BR!
2020-3-20
Use props
thE29
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

Xiaomi Mi6 (which is older) and Mi9T Pro are working fine.
2020-3-20
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Xiaomi MI PAD4 works as well, 6.4 inch screen
2020-3-20
Use props
RuiAz92
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello Everyone

Does anyone know if the app works with XIAOMI Redmi Note 8T ??
2020-4-30
Use props
fansd6d55ae1
lvl.1

Italy

Hello, what about to use DJI GO 4 appa with redme note 8 pro?
2020-5-4
Use props
SwanseaGOAT
New
United States

I've been using a Redmi Note 4 (standard 3gb version) with no problem. (Aside from screen brightness in heavy sunlight) All newer Xiaomi phones work even better.
2020-5-9
Use props
djiuser_9nsc7gZZeEJh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 442510 ft

United Kingdom

Mini User Posted at 2019-11-29 01:40
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite works fine with MM.

hope it will work in the future too, installed the new DJI Fly update and flew a short time indoors and everything stil seems to work fine. i hope they will support this device official.

How did it go with the Mi 9, can you report back to us?
2020-5-10
Use props
Mini User
Second Officer
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

djiuser_9nsc7gZZeEJh Posted at 5-10 14:28

i wasnt able to test it yet. cause its not my phone, and because of covid 19, i did not had the chance to meet my friends to test it. but i will report ;)
2020-5-11
Use props
thE29
lvl.4
Austria

djiuser_9nsc7gZZeEJh Posted at 5-10 14:28

Read the thread and not only the last answer ;)

#6 says he has the Mi 9 T and works. Someone else has the Mi 9SE and works..
2020-5-11
Use props
djiuser_9nsc7gZZeEJh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 442510 ft

United Kingdom

thE29 Posted at 5-11 06:13
Read the thread and not only the last answer ;)

#6 says he has the Mi 9 T and works. Someone else has the Mi 9SE and works..

Thanks.  But I thought the Mi 9, Mi 9t and Mi 9SE were all slightly different phones.  There's also a Mi 9 Lite, I wonder about that? If they all work then that's great.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 which doesn't work with DJI Fly.  I need to buy a new phone but I only want it for the MM.  I like my A3 for a phone as it's small enough to fit in my pocket.  So I need to find a phone for the MM which will work but which isn't too expensive!  The Redmi Note 8 is on Amazon for £200, that's about my limit, but does the Redmi Note 8 work with MM?
2020-5-11
Use props
thE29
lvl.4
Austria

djiuser_9nsc7gZZeEJh Posted at 5-11 09:26
Thanks.  But I thought the Mi 9, Mi 9t and Mi 9SE were all slightly different phones.  There's also a Mi 9 Lite, I wonder about that? If they all work then that's great.

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 which doesn't work with DJI Fly.  I need to buy a new phone but I only want it for the MM.  I like my A3 for a phone as it's small enough to fit in my pocket.  So I need to find a phone for the MM which will work but which isn't too expensive!  The Redmi Note 8 is on Amazon for £200, that's about my limit, but does the Redmi Note 8 work with MM?

Yeah, they are slightly different. But the most depending factor is if it is a 64bit CPU.

So even the Mi9 lite (also the SE) should be able to use the app, as it has a 64bit CPU. How good is another question, but it was also working fine on my Mi6, which is from July 2017.

I picked the Mi 9T Pro, because of no notch. I dont want any (or a punch-hole).

There should also be the Xiaomi A2 and A2 lite and even an A3. They have normal android. Without any changes. A2 being older. All have 64bit CPUs.
2020-5-11
Use props
bartol1206
New

Croatia

Does anyone know if the dji fly app and mavic mini work good on  Xiaomi Redmi  Note 6 Pro ?
2020-5-19
Use props
mekk
New

Hungary

Hy.
Work dji fly with this phone?
Xiaomi Redmi 7A 16GB 2GB RAM
Thanks.
2020-7-17
Use props
arevon
New
Flight distance : 12198 ft
Malta

Hi all, Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Works !
2020-7-21
Use props
Ph3onix
Captain
Flight distance : 2333684 ft
France

Hello, I have several xiaomi devices here is what I can say / xiaomi redmi note8T ok, xiaomi redmi note 7 ok, xiaomi redmi note 3 ok and xiaomi Mi Pad 4 wifi ok (be careful you must first connect the tablet to share wifi with are phone for downloaded gps data because the mi pad does not have a gps chip) but works very well
2020-7-21
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ph3onix Posted at 7-21 13:37
Hello, I have several xiaomi devices here is what I can say / xiaomi redmi note8T ok, xiaomi redmi note 7 ok, xiaomi redmi note 3 ok and xiaomi Mi Pad 4 wifi ok (be careful you must first connect the tablet to share wifi with are phone for downloaded gps data because the mi pad does not have a gps chip) but works very well

Mi Pad4 cellular does have a GPS chip, and it does work great!
2020-7-21
Use props
Ph3onix
Captain
France

JJB* Posted at 7-21 23:18
Mi Pad4 cellular does have a GPS chip, and it does work great!

Hello indeed the Mi pad 4 cellular has a gps chip and the wifi version does not, but it works very well with some adjustments the mi pad 4 are really very good tablet for drone.
2020-7-21
Use props
nevac
Captain
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

Mi max 3 working
2020-7-21
Use props
djiuser_6DdjwhKx3iJD
New
Flight distance : 230217 ft
Argentina

It works on Xiaomi Redmi 8A?  I´am about to buy it only for use the app
2020-7-29
Use props
itexas
New

Serbia

I ordered and expect DJI MAVIC MINI tomorrow. But it seems to me the DJI FLY app doesn’t work with the xiaomi 9a. It's a new phone, it works fast, everything is as it should be, android 10, 6.53 '' display ... I bought it just because of the mavic mini ... What to do now? To buy a new phone or you can solve with support this problem. Android 10 is in question and the application simply says "not installed" after installation. Any ideas?
2020-8-21
Use props
gstudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165528 ft
Italy

It's a shame! I have a Mi 9 and this device is not compatible. Last week I received the MM and I can't use it. My phone is a XIAOMI 2019 top phone, I can't uderstand why DJI Fly can't support it...... I hope DJI add this phone in next app release, but is very stupid to have a list of compatible device for a drone who everyone can use!
2020-8-22
Use props
Ph3onix
Captain
France

RuiAz92 Posted at 4-30 06:35
Hello Everyone

Does anyone know if the app works with XIAOMI Redmi Note 8T ??

Hello it works very well with the redmi note 8T.
2020-8-22
Use props
Ph3onix
Captain
France

Good evening, the mavic mini works very well with the MI PAD 4 wifi and the xiaomi redmi note 7, the 8T and even with the redmi note 3, these are the devices that I have, so I think the redmi note 5 should work without problem.
2020-8-22
Use props
Steely76
lvl.1

Belgium

Needed a cheap android phone to use just for this and the HAFURY Note 10 does support Dji Fly and Mavic Mini.
2020-9-17
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules