fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

2019-11-26
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

will DJI allow litchi app for mavic mini ???????????
2019-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RIght now there is no SDK present.
So we have to wait and see what DJI is going to do with that.
I would suspect they are going to release it someday.
But that is just a guess.
2019-11-26
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-26 23:47
RIght now there is no SDK present.
So we have to wait and see what DJI is going to do with that.
I would suspect they are going to release it someday.

When DJI gets hundreds, perhaps thousands, of returns, (after Christmas) because of the no fly zones, when all the drones that were bought for Christmas presents won't fly,  perhaps they may make some changes.
I can only hope
2019-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans93a2366b Posted at 11-27 06:31
When DJI gets hundreds, perhaps thousands, of returns, (after Christmas) because of the no fly zones, when all the drones that were bought for Christmas presents won't fly,  perhaps they may make some changes.
I can only hope

Why won't they fly?
2019-11-27
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

You must be a new be, it's called the NFZ, (no fly zone), if you live within 5 miles of an airfield,  helipad, or a hole bunch of other stuff, the drone is set by DJI to not take off. sad but true. a lot of folks will find that out Christmas when they go out to fly their bran new drone and it wont take off.
2019-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans93a2366b Posted at 11-28 05:31
You must be a new be, it's called the NFZ, (no fly zone), if you live within 5 miles of an airfield,  helipad, or a hole bunch of other stuff, the drone is set by DJI to not take off. sad but true. a lot of folks will find that out Christmas when they go out to fly their bran new drone and it wont take off.

I know about NFZ, but don't understand what it does have to do with litchi?
OR Why will DJI get so many returns when the Mini won't fly in NFZ's?
2019-11-28
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-28 06:01
I know about NFZ, but don't understand what it does have to do with litchi?
OR Why will DJI get so many returns when the Mini won't fly in NFZ's?

#1 litchi is an app just like the DJI fly app, (it's an extra not sold by DJI), one main difference is it doesn't incorporate the NFZ (no fly zones), there for you can take off most anywhere.
# 2 if you bought a $400 , or paid $500 (for the fly more package) and it just sits on the ground and won't take off, no matter what you did, would you want to keep the drone? of course not, of course  you could just keep it, and look at it.
2019-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans93a2366b Posted at 11-28 16:39
#1 litchi is an app just like the DJI fly app, (it's an extra not sold by DJI), one main difference is it doesn't incorporate the NFZ (no fly zones), there for you can take off most anywhere.
# 2 if you bought a $400 , or paid $500 (for the fly more package) and it just sits on the ground and won't take off, no matter what you did, would you want to keep the drone? of course not, of course  you could just keep it, and look at it.

So if I understand correctly, you want to fly in NFZ's ?
2019-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-28 23:31

Its a shame they cant limit the NFZ altitude to 16ft or so rather than a complete stop.
2019-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 11-29 05:26
Its a shame they cant limit the NFZ altitude to 16ft or so rather than a complete stop.

Here in NL we are not allowed to fly at all in NFZ (which does make sense since you can't prevent a drone from flying away if it decides to)
2019-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-29 05:42
Here in NL we are not allowed to fly at all in NFZ (which does make sense since you can't prevent a drone from flying away if it decides to)

There needs to be a way to fly inside in a NFZ, but your right about the fly away problem.
2019-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 11-29 05:48
There needs to be a way to fly inside in a NFZ, but your right about the fly away problem.

Put your drone on a leash.
2019-11-29
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-28 23:31

CORRECT YOU GOT IT
2019-11-29
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

for those that want to fly in a no fly zone the is an another method, #1 just about every drone that I no of (except) DJI, will fly in a no fly zone. So the answer is to buy another brand of drone. #2 DJI has modified nearly all the apps for their other drones so they are capable to flying in the NFZs (except the mavic mini), I'm told that mod is coming, when, no one knows. For that you need to sign a declaimer saying you are responsible for your flight. next-- litchi app which you can purchase for most DJI dones, (except mavic min yet), I'm told it's coming, not sure when.
I hope this clears things up a little
   sorry-- me bad,
I'm told that by the end of December DJI will mod the DJI fly app so the litchi app will work with the mavic mini, till DJI makes the mod, THE LITCHI APP WILL( NOT WORK WITH THE MAVIC MINI).
2019-11-29
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-29 05:26

FAA---------------------400 foot limit every where
2019-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok, you lost me there.
'no fly zone'
2019-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans93a2366b Posted at 11-29 16:00
for those that want to fly in a no fly zone the is an another method, #1 just about every drone that I no of (except) DJI, will fly in a no fly zone. So the answer is to buy another brand of drone. #2 DJI has modified nearly all the apps for their other drones so they are capable to flying in the NFZs (except the mavic mini), I'm told that mod is coming, when, no one knows. For that you need to sign a declaimer saying you are responsible for your flight. next-- litchi app which you can purchase for most DJI dones, (except mavic min yet), I'm told it's coming, not sure when.
I hope this clears things up a little
   sorry-- me bad,

Maybe just not fly there in the first place?
2019-11-30
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-30 11:33
Maybe just not fly there in the first place?

Great idea, but what if you have to drive 40 miles before you get out  of a NFZ.
  I live in Clearwater Florida, St pete international, Tampa international,  Clearwater airpark, many, many heliports, Mortin plant heliport GULF beaches, Calipees State park, I can go on, but I think you get the idea. There are two RC clubs within 5 miles of Clearwater national airport. been there for years, both have several hundred members, never been a problem. They can fly RC models with no problem, I feel I should be able to fly my drones there without this invisible wall.
JUST MY TWO CENTS
2019-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans93a2366b Posted at 11-30 16:33
Great idea, but what if you have to drive 40 miles before you get out  of a NFZ.
  I live in Clearwater Florida, St pete international, Tampa international,  Clearwater airpark, many, many heliports, Mortin plant heliport GULF beaches, Calipees State park, I can go on, but I think you get the idea. There are two RC clubs within 5 miles of Clearwater national airport. been there for years, both have several hundred members, never been a problem. They can fly RC models with no problem, I feel I should be able to fly my drones there without this invisible wall.
JUST MY TWO CENTS

Is it a DJI NFZ or a legal NFZ?
2019-12-1
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-1 07:29
Is it a DJI NFZ or a legal NFZ?

DJI NFZ, don't no of any other drones that have this
2019-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans93a2366b Posted at 12-2 16:40
DJI NFZ, don't no of any other drones that have this

And is it also a legal NFZ?
Like one that is set up by the FAA or something?
Or did DJI just invent new NFZ area's?
2019-12-3
Use props
fans93a2366b
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-3 00:00
And is it also a legal NFZ?
Like one that is set up by the FAA or something?
Or did DJI just invent new NFZ area's?

Not sure, contact DJI, I'm sure they can answer you.
2019-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans93a2366b Posted at 12-5 17:08
Not sure, contact DJI, I'm sure they can answer you.

Nah.
FAA maybe.
2019-12-5
Use props
stili
New
Belgium

bonjour tout les volants, je posède un Dji mavic mini, une question, après avoir tester celui ci avec la vidéo, je n,ai pas eut de son est ce normal pas un seul bruit dans ma vidéo, ni élices  merci de vos reponses et bons vols
2019-12-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

#1 litchi is an app just like the DJI fly app, (it's an extra not sold by DJI), one main difference is it doesn't incorporate the NFZ (no fly zones), there for you can take off most anywhere.
# 2 if you bought a $400 , or paid $500 (for the fly more package) and it just sits on the ground and won't take off, no matter what you did, would you want to keep the drone? of course not, of course  you could just keep it, and look at it.

Yes it does .
2019-12-7
Use props
Dano99
lvl.2
Canada

I can only hope

yep, Ive gone out a few times to different spots and been shut down. Not happy about that.
2019-12-12
Use props
Drone Taiwan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 535230 ft
Taiwan

But if the NFZ are just a 5 miles radius, 5 miles isnt that difficult to travel away so you can fly the drone.
,aybe DJI needs to do more marketing and advertisement to explain new drone pilots about all those regulations.
2019-12-14
Use props
Crummett
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36929 ft
United Kingdom

well.. i mean... they could go a little down the road and fly it instead?  If i had a drone and it couldn't fly at home but could a few miles down the road, i'd go a few miles down the road rather than return
2019-12-23
Use props
djiuser_r1Wji9L7irnI
New

Ecuador

I can only hope

I am really upset that no one at the point of purchase tells you about this. It is very disingenuous of DJI to sell the mini when they know it will not work. I have dissapointed my kid with this drone. I bought it in the US and now live in Ecuador. It is a problem!  
2019-12-25
Use props
elmaicouy
lvl.1
Uruguay

I dont know but today after 7 days ive received my mavic mini i got motors blocked and it fell of like a rock... 2 days ago i had the gimbal blocked msg also, twice. After restarting it started to work again but what happened today really worried me. What should i do ? Call the reseller and ask for a change ? I have the Flight Logs loaded in UAVCOACH.com with all the info. Thanks !
2019-12-25
Use props
Adam Papworth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2054268 ft
Australia

Any idea when litchi will be available?
2020-1-1
Use props
Dronehiker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71237 ft
Portugal

Adam Papworth Posted at 1-1 20:58
Any idea when litchi will be available?

I believe DJI still has to make the Mini SDK available first. Then Litchi maybe will be available. So best scenario somewhere in the 2nd half of 2020 perhaps?
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_cvw0wa8eZSPN
New
Flight distance : 69505 ft
United States

If I purchased the mavic mini now and it does become compatible with the Litchi app would that be just an update or would I have to purchase a new mavic mini?
2020-1-14
Use props
Fanfan7110
New

France

djiuser_cvw0wa8eZSPN Posted at 1-14 07:31
If I purchased the mavic mini now and it does become compatible with the Litchi app would that be just an update or would I have to purchase a new mavic mini?

No, litchi is just a software, which takes the place of the official app. It finds the drone and controls it. Nothing to do with your firmware. You can keep your current drone

DJI releases the SDK in April, so app updates should be made soon after.

2020-3-11
Use props
djiuser_ujZhuUDhQgQy
New

Netherlands

fans93a2366b Posted at 2019-11-29 08:45
CORRECT YOU GOT IT

You and ppl like you fucked it up in the first place. Flying in restricted areas. Though NFZ were imminent anyways. And a 30 mtr altitude restriction wld suffice.
2020-4-12
Use props
djiuser_6deqovMNmlYm
lvl.1

United States

fans93a2366b Posted at 2019-11-28 16:39
#1 litchi is an app just like the DJI fly app, (it's an extra not sold by DJI), one main difference is it doesn't incorporate the NFZ (no fly zones), there for you can take off most anywhere.
# 2 if you bought a $400 , or paid $500 (for the fly more package) and it just sits on the ground and won't take off, no matter what you did, would you want to keep the drone? of course not, of course  you could just keep it, and look at it.
Ok this "NFZ or No Fly Zone is a real thing but not within 5 miles .... I own a DJI Spark and I have flown my Spark in less than a mile away from an airport using the DJI GO 4 and Litchi apps .... You have to request permission to fly there and are limited to how high you can fly but you can do it .... The NO FLY ZONE (noted in yellow) is in the Immediate area around the airport and you can not fly there for sure ... But the outer portion of the zone is limited airspace (noted in a green or blue radius) ... The 5 miles you speak of is not true ... In fact I live right near the Chattanooga Airport in Chattanooga TN and fly my drone around my neighborhood A LOT ... You can request permission to fly by either one of the apps (DJI GO 4 or Litchi) in the settings ... So yes it's very possible to fly but if you take your drone near the yellow zone noted on the maps there's a good chance it will fly away or have connections loss
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_6deqovMNmlYm
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_ujZhuUDhQgQy Posted at 4-12 04:03
You and ppl like you fucked it up in the first place. Flying in restricted areas. Though NFZ were imminent anyways. And a 30 mtr altitude restriction wld suffice.

There are restrictions for flying near an airport ... They limit you on time, distance, and altitude ... The one time I did fly within a mile of an airport I was restricted on flight and could only use a 100yd radius from my application point (because you have to apply for permission before you can fly there) and the closer you get the smaller the radius is ..... I could only fly like 120ft high and had a 2 hour window to fly in ... So yes there are restrictions in place through the DJI GO4 and Litchi apps
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_6deqovMNmlYm
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_6deqovMNmlYm Posted at 4-23 14:15
Ok this "NFZ or No Fly Zone is a real thing but not within 5 miles .... I own a DJI Spark and I have flown my Spark in less than a mile away from an airport using the DJI GO 4 and Litchi apps .... You have to request permission to fly there and are limited to how high you can fly but you can do it .... The NO FLY ZONE (noted in yellow) is in the Immediate area around the airport and you can not fly there for sure ... But the outer portion of the zone is limited airspace (noted in a green or blue radius) ... The 5 miles you speak of is not true ... In fact I live right near the Chattanooga Airport in Chattanooga TN and fly my drone around my neighborhood A LOT ... You can request permission to fly by either one of the apps (DJI GO 4 or Litchi) in the settings ... So yes it's very possible to fly but if you take your drone near the yellow zone noted on the maps there's a good chance it will fly away or have connections loss

I forgot one thing .... You are limited on flight near airports as well .... They will set a limit on altitude, distance, and flight time ... When I did I had a 2 hour window with restrictions on altitude of 120ft and a radius of 100yds from the point I applied for flight
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_6deqovMNmlYm
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_6deqovMNmlYm Posted at 4-23 14:26
There are restrictions for flying near an airport ... They limit you on time, distance, and altitude ... The one time I did fly within a mile of an airport I was restricted on flight and could only use a 100yd radius from my application point (because you have to apply for permission before you can fly there) and the closer you get the smaller the radius is ..... I could only fly like 120ft high and had a 2 hour window to fly in ... So yes there are restrictions in place through the DJI GO4 and Litchi apps

I didn't "fuck it up" for anyone ... If you think the restrictions they have in place on the apps are insufficient then take it up with DJI they are the ones in touch with the airports (WHOM SET THESES RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE ANYWAYS) and they will address your concerns
2020-4-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules