Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I didn't get the Mini to rise
1110 12 2019-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Valpen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13613556 ft
Norway

Andre "fluedag", så bruker jeg Mini til å finne den andre dronen i fjellet.
Jeg fant det, men så skjedde det noe jeg er bekymret for. Jeg kunne ikke få Mini tilbake til meg. Endelig var det et brak landing på den andre siden av fjellet (heldigvis klarte jeg å hente det).
Jeg fikk ikke Mini til å reise seg. Det var -5 grader celsius på toppen og vind 5 m / s.

Er det min (pilot) feil? Eller på grunn av omgivelsene? Eller noe annet problem?

vis video
[media = x, 970,580] https://youtu.be/q33yt0RE1UQ [/ media]

En uke senere var det ikke noe problem med å fly, og jeg hadde kontroll hele tiden. (Meldingen "Flykraft utilstrekkelig" fikk jeg også den dagen. Det var vind 0m / s og 0 grader celsius.)

2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know about the unfortunate incident with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since there was a crashed before that happened with your drone. I would highly recommend that you need to get in touch with our DJI support team at ( https://repair.dji.com/repair/index ) for further help and analysis on what happened. Our professional DJI support team will do their best to fix the said issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble  and thank you for understanding.

2019-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United States

-5c might be too cold for it,  the specs says - Operating Temperature Range 0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
2019-11-27
Use props
Valpen
Second Officer
Norway

Here are answers from DJI Customer Support:

As for your concern, we have confirmed with our support such was provided as warning to your DJI Fly app as precautionary notification for you while flying the unit since it is detecting "strong wind" on the area. The wind was opposing your motors so it may consider some warning to fly it with more caution.

2019-12-5
Use props
6arret
lvl.1
Canada

Valpen Posted at 12-5 08:34
Here are answers from DJI Customer Support:

As for your concern, we have confirmed with our support such was provided as warning to your DJI Fly app as precautionary notification for you while flying the unit since it is detecting "strong wind" on the area. The wind was opposing your motors so it may consider some warning to fly it with more caution.

What is the altitude you are flying at? The ceiling for the MM is 3000 Meters ASL. Plus your flying at -5 depleting the battery to almost 0 and I am assuming there is some pretty decent wind at the top of the mountain. I think a combination of these factors is why you were having trouble gaining altitude towards the end of the flight. That just my opinion.
2019-12-5
Use props
Valpen
Second Officer
Norway

The mountain itself is 614 meters above sea level (northern Norway).
Battery went to 0% after trying to get MM back without luck.
I started with "return" when the battery was about 40%.
2019-12-5
Use props
6arret
lvl.1
Canada

Valpen Posted at 12-5 09:29
The mountain itself is 614 meters above sea level (northern Norway).
Battery went to 0% after trying to get MM back without luck.
I started with "return" when the battery was about 40%.

You get a warning of low battery voltage before RTH is triggered. Most likely due to the cold temps.
Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 12.31.09 PM.png
2019-12-5
Use props
Valpen
Second Officer
Norway

6arret Posted at 12-5 09:32
You get a warning of low battery voltage before RTH is triggered. Most likely due to the cold temps.

Yes, but I have started with returning about here.
(Didn't get enough height.)

2019-12-5
Use props
6arret
lvl.1
Canada

Valpen Posted at 12-5 10:34
Yes, but I have started with returning about here.
(Didn't get enough height.)

Ahh kk it was hard to tell from the video. Can you post your flight log?
2019-12-5
Use props
Valpen
Second Officer
Norway

6arret Posted at 12-5 10:52
Ahh kk it was hard to tell from the video. Can you post your flight log?

https://app.airdata.com/share/bawagU
2019-12-5
Use props
6arret
lvl.1
Canada

Valpen Posted at 12-5 13:16
https://app.airdata.com/share/bawagU

Have you done another flight since? Before you battery was down to 90% you get several Not enough force/ ESC errors. So I think either your battery is no good or could be a hardware issue with your mini. It could also be that the wind was just too strong. First thing I would do is another flight testing the same battery and a different one. If you keep getting the errors try installing the new firmware and see if it makes a difference or reinstalling current version.
2019-12-6
Use props
Valpen
Second Officer
Norway

6arret Posted at 12-6 07:21
Have you done another flight since? Before you battery was down to 90% you get several Not enough force/ ESC errors. So I think either your battery is no good or could be a hardware issue with your mini. It could also be that the wind was just too strong. First thing I would do is another flight testing the same battery and a different one. If you keep getting the errors try installing the new firmware and see if it makes a difference or reinstalling current version. [view_image]

Thanks!
I had a little walk after this, but do not have an overview which of the three batteries was inside the MM.
I'll try to focus on that next time, but it may take some time because now it's full winter and polar night here.
2019-12-7
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Valpen Posted at 12-7 06:29
Thanks!
I had a little walk after this, but do not have an overview which of the three batteries was inside the MM.
I'll try to focus on that next time, but it may take some time because now it's full winter and polar night here.

I think it maybe a good idea to mark batteries. I not only mark batteries but also document when I got them so I can track how old each set is. It also gives me a chance to log any errors I get from
A certain battery. Maybe over kill but it gives me some insight as to if a battery maybe about to let go if it doesn’t  suffer a premature death that is.
2019-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules