Report after 27 Flights so far with LG G7
2240 7 2019-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hamiltom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82927 ft
Canada

This afternoon I completed the 27th flight with my new Mavic Mini. I am happy to announce no problems encountered so far. The maximum height so far was 300' and max distance was 1000'. I noticed no drop in signal strength and found the drone very easy to fly. I got the wind warning a few times in 25 mph winds and an insufficient power warning in "S" mode at maximum lift throttle. I am very impressed with the video quality given the limited settings. Photo quality is better, but that was expected. All in all, a very nice drone. Definitely good value for the price paid.

2019-11-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing your missions and this information from your DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you and safe flying.
2019-11-26
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Even though this is a support forum i like the good/happy threads
2019-11-26
Use props
djiuser_C5Cb2l8lZxTE
lvl.1

United States

Hi, how was the expirience wirh the LG G7 phone ?
Is the outdoor brightness so good like some people say?
Thanks for sharing
2021-1-16
Use props
djiuser_NEzWwPxqzvno
lvl.1
Flight distance : 524675 ft
United States

djiuser_C5Cb2l8lZxTE Posted at 1-16 02:51
Hi, how was the expirience wirh the LG G7 phone ?
Is the outdoor brightness so good like some people say?
Thanks for sharing

So I searched high and wide for a cheap phone that would deliver on brighness.   I did buy the LG G7 off ebay (thinQ) model ..,. I paid 107 for an extremely like new unit although you can get worn ones for well under 100 bucks.    it is bright outside.   but it is really bright (1000 nits) when you turn on the BOOST mode which only lasts 3 minutes.  So when I'm not in shade I constantly boost it and 1000 nits can be seen pretty well in direct sunlight.

So I'm in the process of trying to pick up a couple more g7's for my other controllers and I'm satisfied with a bright phone that can be made super bright for 3 minutes at a time.    I'm having a programmer write an APP that will alter the 3 minute time limit to 35 minutes giving a boosted phone for the entire flight.   There are probably only 2 reasons why LG limits the brightness and that would be battery life, heat or both.  well I can say 100% my phone does not warm up at 1000 nits.   So... I'll get this app done and I'll update you once i see it all working.      there's no way I'm paying for the super bright displays when this lg-7 can do the job.
2021-5-15
Use props
djiuser_AUiXwRUekqbs
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_NEzWwPxqzvno Posted at 2021-5-15 09:27
So I searched high and wide for a cheap phone that would deliver on brighness.   I did buy the LG G7 off ebay (thinQ) model ..,. I paid 107 for an extremely like new unit although you can get worn ones for well under 100 bucks.    it is bright outside.   but it is really bright (1000 nits) when you turn on the BOOST mode which only lasts 3 minutes.  So when I'm not in shade I constantly boost it and 1000 nits can be seen pretty well in direct sunlight.

So I'm in the process of trying to pick up a couple more g7's for my other controllers and I'm satisfied with a bright phone that can be made super bright for 3 minutes at a time.    I'm having a programmer write an APP that will alter the 3 minute time limit to 35 minutes giving a boosted phone for the entire flight.   There are probably only 2 reasons why LG limits the brightness and that would be battery life, heat or both.  well I can say 100% my phone does not warm up at 1000 nits.   So... I'll get this app done and I'll update you once i see it all working.      there's no way I'm paying for the super bright displays when this lg-7 can do the job.

I have to ask. How does the app work to keep the boost to 1000 nits? And is it available to others? I just bought the LG g7
2023-4-10
Use props
djiuser_R5TBDgGuEJlT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91240 ft

United States

djiuser_AUiXwRUekqbs Posted at 4-10 16:24
I have to ask. How does the app work to keep the boost to 1000 nits? And is it available to others? I just bought the LG g7

I think the new iPhone 14 pro max has a screen brightness of 2,000+ nits. People say even with direct sunlight they can still see the screen! Haven’t verified though. Only thing about it is an investment, albeit a good one.

But enough about that...

Something that I have figured out that works is a sun shade. You can find them on amazon but they are like $12. You attach it to your phone and it shades it. Looks like it would work effectively.
2023-4-11
Use props
CaptainRon1
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_AUiXwRUekqbs Posted at 4-10 16:24

I found an app that lets me change the time out on the boost to whatever i want. I changed it to 6000000 ms and it works fine. The lg g7 does not heat up and lasts a long time even at 1000 nits. It's a good solution on the cheap.

I also found a tablet for around 400 that displays over 2500 nit. Waiting for that to be delivered.
2023-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules