Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Limits and Active Tracking
896 6 2019-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roadyx
lvl.1
United States

Hi Folks, Newbie question please.  I noticed the gimbal limits  start at about 5 degrees to about 350 degress.  Left to right (clockwise).   Now when active tracking is enabled, it seems to me that if an object it can track it better on the right side walking towards it than on the left side where it will hit the gimbal limit at 5 degrees.  Can someone confirm this?   

I just got it and I was thinking of tracking an object passing the Osmo Pocket while active tracking on a tripod.  If the object is passing to my right (facing it), then it will track all the way until it has passed me.  If the object is passing to my left, it will hit the gimbal limit sooner.  Is this correct?

Thanks In Advance!

2019-11-27
Use props
roadyx
lvl.1
United States

sorry for the bad grammar 1st paragraph.  I'm unable to edit it.  Here's what I meant:   "Now when active tracking is enabled, it seems to me that an object is tracked better on the right side walking towards it than on the left side where it will hit the gimbal limit at 5 degrees."
2019-11-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

As the gimbals can't spin completely around they have to function equally facing the camera forward as well as in selfie mode.  This I think limits it to no more than 45 degrees off center to the left or right depending on which way the camera is facing. I'm assuming this limit is imposed to protect internal wiring tracks.
2019-11-27
Use props
roadyx
lvl.1
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-27 03:38
As the gimbals can't spin completely around they have to function equally facing the camera forward as well as in selfie mode.  This I think limits it to no more than 45 degrees off center to the left or right depending on which way the camera is facing. I'm assuming this limit is imposed to protect internal wiring tracks.

Turned off facing forward, there's a hard mechanical stop to the left at about 5 degrees, and about 350/255 degrees to the right.  I just got this about 2 days ago and learning its capabilities and limitations.  Can you confirm this is the case?  
If that is the case, that makes the center of the gimbal at the right bottom corner of the DOP.  Should I then position it that way so I get equal limits for both left and right?
2019-11-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

roadyx Posted at 11-27 08:46
Turned off facing forward, there's a hard mechanical stop to the left at about 5 degrees, and about 350/255 degrees to the right.  I just got this about 2 days ago and learning its capabilities and limitations.  Can you confirm this is the case?  
If that is the case, that makes the center of the gimbal at the right bottom corner of the DOP.  Should I then position it that way so I get equal limits for both left and right?

Should I then position it that way so I get equal limits for both left and right?

That's what I tend to do if I need it to follow me or put it down to follow something else.
Screen facing me, I would estimate about 37 degrees of turn to my left and about the same to the right with the camera pointing away from me. (screen still facing)
2019-11-27
Use props
roadyx
lvl.1
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-27 09:46
Should I then position it that way so I get equal limits for both left and right?

That's what I tend to do if I need it to follow me or put it down to follow something else.

Ray-CubeAce!  Thank You!  It's exactly what I'm experiencing!  You even sent an illustration to show what I'm noticing.  I appreciate your time and help!   Thank you sir!
2019-11-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

roadyx Posted at 11-27 12:03
Ray-CubeAce!  Thank You!  It's exactly what I'm experiencing!  You even sent an illustration to show what I'm noticing.  I appreciate your time and help!   Thank you sir!

No Problem. Glad to help.
2019-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules