Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Attitude too large
631 8 2019-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrippleDelta
First Officer
Flight distance : 2228182 ft
Belgium

Hi,

while I was flying at an altitude of 92 meters I got a warning 'Attitude is too large, Forwardobstacle sensing is unavailable' and 'Attitude is too large, Backwardobstacle sensing is unavailable'

There was some strong wind but I could see my bird and I was way above the trees. I was able to land safely.

Why did I get this warning?

thanks

2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United States

Attitude is too large means the drone is flying at an angle to compensate for the wind, a bit like when you fly forward you see the front drop and the back come up.    If its windy it has to do this just to stay still and sensor are no longer pointing forwards and backwards.  
2019-11-27
Use props
TrippleDelta
First Officer
Belgium

Thanks a lot. So it was the wind, there's nothing wrong with my Mavic.
2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TrippleDelta Posted at 11-27 06:03
Thanks a lot. So it was the wind, there's nothing wrong with my Mavic.

Nothing wrong,  I had the message on one of my first flights and its a bit scary until you find out whats happening.  I would have though you would have had a wind warning too when flying.
2019-11-27
Use props
jwt-873
First Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Would be nice if there was an option to turn that warning off...  Maybe just have it appear once to alert the flyer to the fact that there is wind..  It gets really annoying popping up endlessly of the top left corner of the screen when flying on a windy day.
2019-11-27
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

It's trying to tell you that you are at the limits of the AC.....
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. The reply of our co-pilot DAFlys on post #2 is correct, the windy location might cause this error message. You may try to fly in a different location to see if the problem persists and let us know for us to help you further. In addition to this, I will highly recommend flying in a location wherein there is no strong wind and away to any possible interference to avoid any errors and problems. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your continued support!
2019-11-27
Use props
TrippleDelta
First Officer
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 06:54
Nothing wrong,  I had the message on one of my first flights and its a bit scary until you find out whats happening.  I would have though you would have had a wind warning too when flying.

Indeed, first there was the high wind velocity warning.
2019-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>

TrippleDelta Posted at 11-28 02:51
Indeed, first there was the high wind velocity warning.

It will be the wind for sure.
2019-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules