One thing the HERO 8 does that I wish the Action did!
789 8 2019-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ben Lambert
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the Hero 8 you can set and lock your shutter speed in auto while also setting your max ISO.
The Osmo action, you have max ISO and EV comp settings in Auto. I would like to be able to set the shutter speed at double the frame rate and leave it, anyone else?

Maybe in a firware update?
2019-11-27
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Once you lock the shutter speed, "Auto" mode technically becomes "Manual" mode with auto ISO as there is nothing else to control (these are fixed aperture cameras).

To get what you want: Set your Osmo Action to Manual mode, select your shutter speed, then choose "Auto" from ISO settings and set the Max Auto ISO to your preference. Easy as that

Hope this helps,
2019-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What does the Hero do when the max iso is reached?
Just keep it (too dark)?
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing your insights and recommendation. With regards to the camera settings of the DJI Osmo Action. Please swipe the display from right to left on the main screen then tap the icon that has M to switch it to manual then please choose the value for the EV and ISO.  Please keep us posted if you have further concern or inquiry. Thank you.
2019-11-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Agree DJI is a Semi manual  action camera,  Not fully  with manual controls.
2019-11-27
Use props
Ben Lambert
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 11-27 06:01
Once you lock the shutter speed, "Auto" mode technically becomes "Manual" mode with auto ISO as there is nothing else to control (these are fixed aperture cameras).

To get what you want: Set your Osmo Action to Manual mode, select your shutter speed, then choose "Auto" from ISO settings and set the Max Auto ISO to your preference. Easy as that

BING! Thank you!
2019-11-27
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

You're welcome!
2019-11-27
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Montfrooij Posted at 11-27 07:54
What does the Hero do when the max iso is reached?
Just keep it (too dark)?

I am pretty sure it does, like any other camera. Once you knowingly and willingly fiddle with the exposure, the burden is on you
2019-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

CemAygun Posted at 11-28 05:56
I am pretty sure it does, like any other camera. Once you knowingly and willingly fiddle with the exposure, the burden is on you

Yeah, I guess so
2019-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules