958 10 2019-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wanted to let folks know of my findings. If you are looking for a good tablet to use with your Mavic Mini, the iPad Air 2 maybe a good choice. I picked up a used one yesterday. It had iPados 12 on it but it let me download the fly app and it ran at first, but like some folks were complaining about, the screen was stretched beyon proportion. I couldn't get out of the settings screen like I could on my iPhone so at first, I thought it was a bust to use with the mini. Like I said, it had iPados 12 on it and it was updatable to iPados 13 which I did. After the update, the app worked like it did on my iPhone and it will be usable as far as that goes. I won't have my mini until next week so I can't confirm the control side of things, but I will once I get my mini. So this may be a viable option for those wanting a large screen at a cheaper price. I will update this post once I get my mini and let everyone know of full functionality or not once I find out.

2019-11-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Another note, if you're trying to use an iPad mini or other apple device, make sure it's fully updated. I've seen a few complaints about the stretched screen to where it's unusable and updating to iPados 13 from 12 fixed that for me. It still looks like it's a stretched iPhone app but at least now it's usable inside the app now.
2019-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to know!
2019-11-27
Use props
that_HMMWV_guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59511 ft
United States

I tried my old iPad Air the other day. Which is the original iPad Air. The results weren't too good. After about a minute of flight the video feed got choppy and a warning saying “Mobile device cpu fully loaded. Related performance will be degraded", it stayed on the screen the whole time. I haven't tried my iPad Air 2 yet.
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing this informative post. Just a friendly reminder the iPad Air 2 is not yet tested for the DJI Mavic Mini and DJI Fly application and it may affect the flight and stability of the said application. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.
2019-11-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-27 08:29
Hi. Thank you for sharing this informative post. Just a friendly reminder the iPad Air 2 is not yet tested for the DJI Mavic Mini and DJI Fly application and it may affect the flight and stability of the said application. Thank you for your valued support and safe flying.

The stability is what we are trying to find out my DJI friend
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JodyB Posted at 11-27 08:43
The stability is what we are trying to find out my DJI friend

Thank you for the additional information and safe flying.
2019-11-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 11-27 06:36
Another note, if you're trying to use an iPad mini or other apple device, make sure it's fully updated. I've seen a few complaints about the stretched screen to where it's unusable and updating to iPados 13 from 12 fixed that for me. It still looks like it's a stretched iPhone app but at least now it's usable inside the app now.

I would challenge the idea of updating. Generally If things are working I never update. I believe firmly in the old saying

If it aint broke don't fix it
2019-11-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-27 08:29

Rather than making these 'Friendly notes' it would be better to get the App working on more devices
2019-11-27
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 11-27 22:57
I would challenge the idea of updating. Generally If things are working I never update. I believe firmly in the old saying

If it aint broke don't fix it

In this case, before I updated the iPad, it would run the app, but was unusable, therefore being broke. So I fixed it.
2019-11-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I can say that the iPad Air 2 absolutely works with the Mavic Mini, at least in my case anyway. I had my new Mini working with it right out of the box with no issues. If you're thinking of using a tablet this size, you'll need an adapter bracket and a longer OTG cable too. But it does work.
2019-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules