does RTH properly on mavic mini?/issues flying?
2072 9 2019-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Haven't had the chance yet to do a live test on this (because of rain/snow/etc) - but...

If your iPhone/etc gets disconnected - does that reset the RTH to "15m" on the mavic mini?

Because when I restart the app - ANY setting is changed BACK to the original/factory defaults, so my concern is - if anything happened in a live flight (i.e.,
battery in phone, something gets disconnected, etc) - that the mavic mini would no longer have MY settings for the RTH (i.e., 50m, which would be MUCH safer) -
but rather the 15m...

Can DJI confirm whether or not it actually works? Because NONE of the settings get saved in the app...

2019-11-27
Use props
fans7ec816e7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177697 ft
United Kingdom

I believe there is already an app update for iPhones for RTH altitude getting reset. Probably someone from DJI can confirm on this.
2019-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum with your inquiry. If the phone got disconnected mid flight for more than 11 seconds, the failsafe RTH will trigger as long as the homepoint was recorded and the compass is working normally. For more details please check the image I will be posting for the DJI Mavic Mini RTH feature. Thank you.

2019-11-27
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-27 16:31
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum with your inquiry. If the phone got disconnected mid flight for more than 11 seconds, the failsafe RTH will trigger as long as the homepoint was recorded and the compass is working normally. For more details please check the image I will be posting for the DJI Mavic Mini RTH feature. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi, I think that is not the right answer, because it has nothing to do with the question asked. It is being consulted how the aircraft will behave if there is disconnection with the telephone, at what height of return it will travel, since the configuration was not saved, at least before the update. Please answer well and clarify this question.
2019-11-27
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The bug with the RYH setting going back to the default value was strictly a display issue in the app.  Even though the app would go back to displaying the default value, the drone would actually remember the last RTH height that was input.  

Having said that, as someone else mentioned, this was was fixed in the recent DJI Fly update(at least for iOS, not sure about Android).
2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Fixed in version 1.0.3 -

Version History
Nov 23, 2019 Version 1.0.3
What's New

*Adds support for Russian and Italian languages.
*Adds new Report an Issue function to Customer Service.
*Fixes issue related to the Return to Home altitude being reset to 15 m after restarting the app or the aircraft.
*Fixes issue related to users incorrectly receiving an invalid email address error message.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dji-fly/id1479649251
2019-11-28
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

kk - thanks - will download the new app. Does it also save the "Remote Identification" settings that kept getting reset as well? (If you turned off Remote Identification, it kept turning it back on).

Thanks!
2019-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

JM.REYES Posted at 11-27 16:51
Hi, I think that is not the right answer, because it has nothing to do with the question asked. It is being consulted how the aircraft will behave if there is disconnection with the telephone, at what height of return it will travel, since the configuration was not saved, at least before the update. Please answer well and clarify this question.

Hi. Thank you for your clarifying the inquiry. I do apologize for the confusion. For the RTH feature of the drone. Before the drone takes off, it will record the home point and the RTH settings from the mobile device connected to the remote. When the mobile device disconnects mid flight and the RTH button on the remote was pressed, the drone will follow the RTH settings that was recorder from the mobile device before take off. Thank you for your understanding.
2019-11-28
Use props
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-28 12:25
Hi. Thank you for your clarifying the inquiry. I do apologize for the confusion. For the RTH feature of the drone. Before the drone takes off, it will record the home point and the RTH settings from the mobile device connected to the remote. When the mobile device disconnects mid flight and the RTH button on the remote was pressed, the drone will follow the RTH settings that was recorder from the mobile device before take off. Thank you for your understanding.

Okay, thank-you.

Has the remote idenitifcation settings been fixed in the new version as well? (Those keep turning off too). Thanks.
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_7ydHtovyMdwB
New

United States

djiguy001 Posted at 2019-11-28 12:49
Okay, thank-you.

Has the remote idenitifcation settings been fixed in the new version as well? (Those keep turning off too). Thanks.

Wow...Still no answer...
2020-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules