Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fun first Mavic Mini flight (redux)
1506 29 2019-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey All,

As many of you may know, my first Mavic Mini didn't work out so well (discussed HERE).  However, so far the replacement has been working out very well.

Here is a short video showing one of my first flights with the new one.  I didn't plan out this particular flight line, just kind of went for it while I was checking to see if this one had any jello effect like the first one.  It turned out to be a pretty fun line, so I thought I'd share.  

You can tell I'm still trying to get used to the rates on the Mini's sticks because there are a bunch of bobbles in there, but it was still a fun flight.

There are no color edits at all and only like 1 or 2 cuts in the edit to remove a major operator error.  

Cheers!
David

2019-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>

Nice flying,   still find the quality of this little camera to be amazing.
2019-11-28
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Captain
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Nice one! good to see it was just a faulty unit!
2019-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ah great your back in the Air, have to say I’m pretty fond of this little bird, I know many will criticize what it hasn’t got, but there is a lot to appreciate about it and I think you hit the nail on the head just having a fun video, because I think most who fly this will love it for its potential to have fun with to try fly places you won’t risk your 2k M2P, for newbies it’s a tremendous starting point, a relatively safe reliable craft that you can learn to fly pretty quickly, I know it doesn’t have OA , but when I learned first there was no OA and you just got on with learning and knowing the cost of recklessness.
The video quality certainly for me in your video was excellent they say it’s a bit sharp but I’m not adverse to a bit of sharp, I think also for those who want to make adjustments there will be some scope to do this.

Thanks for taking the time to do the video.
2019-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2019-11-28
Use props
davidms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 428186 ft
Canada

Great Video David. What's the song you used?
2019-11-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work. happy this one is working.
2019-11-28
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 01:25
Nice flying,   still find the quality of this little camera to be amazing.

For the price, the drone and camera really are great!
2019-11-28
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-28 02:15
Ah great your back in the Air, have to say I’m pretty fond of this little bird, I know many will criticize what it hasn’t got, but there is a lot to appreciate about it and I think you hit the nail on the head just having a fun video, because I think most who fly this will love it for its potential to have fun with to try fly places you won’t risk your 2k M2P, for newbies it’s a tremendous starting point, a relatively safe reliable craft that you can learn to fly pretty quickly, I know it doesn’t have OA , but when I learned first there was no OA and you just got on with learning and knowing the cost of recklessness.
The video quality certainly for me in your video was excellent they say it’s a bit sharp but I’m not adverse to a bit of sharp, I think also for those who want to make adjustments there will be some scope to do this.

We don’t always see everything eye-to-eye, but I agree with everything you just said there!
2019-11-28
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks my man!
2019-11-28
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

davidms Posted at 11-28 05:28
Great Video David. What's the song you used?

Thanks David! It is called White Gold by Tommy Ljungfberg.
2019-11-28
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 11-28 05:42
Nice work. happy this one is working.

Thanks Woe!
2019-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2019-11-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Amazing footage! Thanks for sharing.
2019-11-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome. With so many comparisons videos out there.
In your opinion is it worth having this one? Considering I have the
Mavic Pro and Zoom. Not trying to put you on the spot, so feel free to PM me.
2019-11-28
Use props
Funn 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 92126 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice flying....
2019-11-28
Use props
djiuser_RL0fmj8VVKpt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1029052 ft
United Kingdom

nice video thanks for sharing
2019-11-28
Use props
Knapweed
lvl.4
Canada

Great stuff! Happy to see you back in the air with your Mini, I'm expecting spectacular things.
2019-11-29
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

very nice video!  makes me want to get off the wide open fields and get into the urban areas and parks with the mini.
2019-11-29
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 11-28 08:31
You're welcome. With so many comparisons videos out there.
In your opinion is it worth having this one? Considering I have the
Mavic Pro and Zoom. Not trying to put you on the spot, so feel free to PM me.

Hi Woe,

I’ll give a bit more of an in-depth answer later, but the answer is a solid “IT DEPENDS!”  Lol!

From a functionality standpoint, your larger drones are going to do everything and more than the Mini!  However, there are some use cases where a smaller drone is just better.  I plan on keeping the mini in my vehicle or backpack with me pretty much at all times.  I wouldn’t do that with my far more expensive M2P for several reasons.  

I also like the Mini for tighter and riskier situations I would be less comfortable putting my other drones into.

So I guess you’ve kind of got to look at how you might use it and see if the extra money spent is worth it to you.

Cheers,
David
2019-11-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-29 08:53
Hi Woe,

I’ll give a bit more of an in-depth answer later, but the answer is a solid “IT DEPENDS!”  Lol!

Thanks for your feedback. look for to hearing your more in-depth response.
2019-11-29
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

KlooGee, nice video, where is the nice town located?  That park looks pretty new, any idea how old it is?  Thank you for sharing, and glad all worked out.
2019-11-29
Use props
Tervist
Captain
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

Very nice! You look like you had a fun time with the replacement.
2019-11-29
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum Posted at 11-29 18:46
KlooGee, nice video, where is the nice town located?  That park looks pretty new, any idea how old it is?  Thank you for sharing, and glad all worked out.

Hi Bob,

It is in SW Ohio not too far from where I live.  It is an old industrial town that has been going through quite a bit of revitalization in the last several years.  The park itself is indeed new.  I think it has only been open about a year or so now and is part of the revitalization work they are doing.  I believe they tore down some old abandoned buildings and created a great public space.

Thanks for watching!
2019-11-30
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tervist Posted at 11-29 20:27
Very nice! You look like you had a fun time with the replacement.

Yes indeed, I've been having fun with the Mini.  It really does fly good.
2019-11-30
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Captain
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-30 05:41
Hi Bob,

It is in SW Ohio not too far from where I live.  It is an old industrial town that has been going through quite a bit of revitalization in the last several years.  The park itself is indeed new.  I think it has only been open about a year or so now and is part of the revitalization work they are doing.  I believe they tore down some old abandoned buildings and created a great public space.

Thanks for the information, nice to know things like that are taking place
2019-12-5
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm glad the replacement MM is working out for you David. I really am. I guess I'm a little late to the party here on this thread, but I've been waiting to hear those words "I love my mini" from your other thread, LOL!!
2019-12-12
Use props
Mortensldk
Captain
Flight distance : 132592 ft
Denmark

Nice video
2019-12-12
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 12-12 08:15
I'm glad the replacement MM is working out for you David. I really am. I guess I'm a little late to the party here on this thread, but I've been waiting to hear those words "I love my mini" from your other thread, LOL!!

I guess I haven't specifically said that yet, but I kinda do love it!   I haven't had any problems with the replacement.  For the price, it is a great little drone.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=5#pid2017221
2019-12-12
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 12-12 10:03
I guess I haven't specifically said that yet, but I kinda do love it!   I haven't had any problems with the replacement.  For the price, it is a great little drone.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202170&page=5#pid2017221

That's great to hear!! I'm glad that the replacement has got your interest!! I love mine.
2019-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules